AND Another LJ Rubicon Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AND Another LJ Rubicon Thread

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #46
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Beautiful pictures , makes me wish it was next summer already .

Unread 08-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #47
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looking at a new winch. I believe I have my m8000 sold (nothing wrong with it just don't like the aesthetics of it) and I'm looking at either a Zeon 8 or a 9.5TI. What's the difference? Other than the obvious load capacity and design.
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #48
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

9.5ti is more proven. Why is the choice only between those two?

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #49
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have a good line on a barely used 9.5TI for cheap.

It really all depends on what I can find a deal on. The Zeons are cheap at $799 and 9.5TI's are everywhere it seems. I'd also consider an XD9000 as well.
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #50
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have no experience with the 9.5 but I did own a 9000xd (came on mine). Seemed pretty simple and I used it once to test it but sold it because I had a 8274 on the shelf. And that would be my recommendation as well.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #51
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

What about Powerplants? I know they sit high on TJ/LJs and block some air flow.
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #52
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My 9.5ti is a beast of a winch. Love the line speed on it. I've pulled some heavy *** JKU's up some steep hills and it pulled like they weren't even there.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #53
try2holdmywheel
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
Looking at a new winch. I believe I have my m8000 sold (nothing wrong with it just don't like the aesthetics of it) and I'm looking at either a Zeon 8 or a 9.5TI. What's the difference? Other than the obvious load capacity and design.
Sounds like you need to get the one that's most aesthetically pleasing to you.
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #54
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've got the 9.5 thing is a beast! Had it for 3 years now, I have yet to see the Zeon in person but it sure is a good looking winch.

MWV247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #55
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What about Powerplants? I know they sit high on TJ/LJs and block some air flow.
They do block air flow but air is everywhere. Unless you have a plastic bag over the front of the grill/rad, you should be fine without overheating. I used to have my 8274 on my CJ with the leather cover (widder and taller than the 7 slots on CJ) and the CJ would start to overheat only at highway speeds.

I would stay away from the powerplant just because I don't like to have 2 systems tied into one machine. aka, if something happened on the trail to break the powerplant, you now couldn't winch or air up. Just my two cents, plus for the cost, you could buy the same two systems and maybe have money left over depending how you do it.

Unread 08-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #56
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Zeon would be the only winch I would buy new.

The 9.5TI is close by and priced right. Has some paint flaking off but only 3 years old. ($500).

The PowerPlant is also close by and cheap compared to new. ($850).

I've had an XD9000i, HS9500i, 9.5TI and now a M8000. The 9.5TI was my favorite of them all. Might just go that route since that seems to be the crowd favorite.
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #57
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It that is the choices and prices, 9.5 no question. Large capacity for best price. Triple check that it works and the cable is good before trading money.

Unread 08-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #58
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Made that mistake before. Bought a 9.5ti in Oklahoma off of CL and was told it worked great but the power cables were cut. Got it home only to find out the solenoids were burnt up.
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #59
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I went to Coney Flats last weekend and managed to bend the tail pipe on my Banks Monster Exhaust. I took it by an exhaust shop today and they put the Jeep on a lift and let me tell you...this exhaust does not fit the jeep well. It hits the tracbar at full droop, which pushed the exhaust down, which explains why the exhaust was hanging so low in the first place.

I think I'm just going to run a turn down exhaust for a while...anyone see anything wrong with this? I ran this setup on my YJ and TJ with no problems.
Unread 08-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #60
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I went to Coney Flats last weekend and managed to bend the tail pipe on my Banks Monster Exhaust. I took it by an exhaust shop today and they put the Jeep on a lift and let me tell you...this exhaust does not fit the jeep well. It hits the tracbar at full droop, which pushed the exhaust down, which explains why the exhaust was hanging so low in the first place.

I think I'm just going to run a turn down exhaust for a while...anyone see anything wrong with this? I ran this setup on my YJ and TJ with no problems.
Yep Banks exhaust has the worst clearance. I have one, it's one of those "why did I do this" mods.

I ended up taking it to an exhaust shop and he custom routed it to clear everything and so it wouldn't get smashed by rocks. I would imagine it's loud with just a turndown.
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.