Another build in progress. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Another build in progress.

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
AZ Bulldog

2008 JK Wrangler 

Another build in progress.

Well I'll start off with a big thanks to all the info on this site, it's helped with some of my decisions. Next, I hope this is the correct section. If not, mods please move it. Thanks.

OK, so I bought this Jeep the first week of Nov. Drove it a couple hundred miles then parked it and started ordering parts, after receiving the wrong parts a couple of times and many phone calls it all came together. I started with a '08 wrangler X Unlimited, Steel Blue, w/ 3.73's. This is how she looked.

I went w/ the Rubicon Express Long Arm (RE LA) 4.5" kit, I also did front and rear drive shafts. I went w/ the Fox 2" w/ res.

For wheels and tires I went w/ 18" Moto Metal 954's (18"x9") and BFG 37/12.50 Mud Terrain KM2.

Now this is how she looks today.

Sorry that all I have is poser shots, I just got back to town and haven't had a chance to take her out. As soon as I do I'll get some photos put up.

Next I'm going to fab the bumpers and a rear tire swing-out. I was going to start w/ the front first but I think I should do the rear so I can get the fifth full size wheel and tire on.

Thanks for looking, and I'm good w/ constructive criticism so feel free to tell me what you think, good or bad...

Oh yea, 5.13's are also on the must do list.

'08 Unlimited- 4.5 Rubicon Express Long Arm
40" Nitto's on 17x9 Trail Ready Beadlocks.
Fox shocks w/ res.
5.13's w/ ARB Lockers F/R
Warn 9.0rc
The list goes on, but there's no money in my wallet???
AZ Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

nice lookin JK. better get it dirty though

how do you likethe KM2's?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
slimP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Love the way it looks, good job.
--==(Blue Jeep Club Member #11)==--
--==(Pride, Heritage, Tradition - The American Legend - JEEP)==--
slimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
Higgs98XJ

2001 WJ 

mean stance. nice job. Way to fill up those enormous front fender flares, they look somewhat proportional now.

Past: '98 XJ Sport
Higgs98XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
eclipse27
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice looks great!
4-4.5 inch susp. lift. 1 in performance acs. body lift. 5 in offroad foglights. Brushgaurd. Atoz corner armors.Round 4in taillights.D35/30 combo. upgraded horn.radio.8inbazzoka tube.highlift jack. 1.5in wheel spacers. 33' goodyear wrangler mt's.
eclipse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
Incadude
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Night and Day diff!

03 "Inca Gold" TJ Sport, 4.0, Auto, 4" Superlift , 33" ProComp MT's on 15x8 Crager Soft 8's , D30 up front, D44 in rear (swap), Warn M8000, Infinity speakers, Buchanan Seat Risers, Garvin Wilderness EXT Series Bumper, LoD Stubby Front Bumper, Skid Row Engine Skid Plate, 2-Piece Bestop Soft Doors, AA SYE & Tom Wood's DS, JKS UCA's......

Gone but not forgotten….
79’ CJ-7, Forest Green, I6, Auto, Quadratrac, 31” Dune Diggers. Fully Restored…..
Incadude is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.