another 5.9 Magnum into a jeep TJ Driveway build, no garage - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > another 5.9 Magnum into a jeep TJ Driveway build, no garage

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #61
bangintin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So I've decided to collect parts for the 5.7 hemi swap after finding all the teraflex motor mounts, skid plate, trans mount and pedal mount for a smokin deal of $355 + shipping for all new tera parts Hard not to wanna do a hemi when you get that kinda deal.

bangintin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #62
bangintin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm also considering backtracking on the magnum swap and ditching the NV3500 for a 46RE or 46RH trans, obviously the rh is longer, but it's hydro and not electronically controlled, which would mean I wouldn't have to revisit wiring and ECM.
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #63
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

An 46rh would still require a manual pcm right?
cavscout187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #64
bangintin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, to the best of my understanding the 46rh or 727 trans would still use the manual trans PCM I'm not sure how that would work with the crank position sensor and if there would be provisions for that in the trans bellhousing. I'm gonna start researching it a bit more, the overall length of it may pose problems though..
Unread 09-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #65
bangintin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 01-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #66
bangintin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well it's official, the 5.9 nv3500 combo have been pulled, picking up my hemi and 5-45rfe trans up next Saturday. Got the complete motor, trans, wiring, all hoses for fuel, AC, power steering, emissions blah blah blah from a 2003 state truck that had the motor replaced with a brand new 0 mile motor at the dealership with all the documentation and paperwork for $2500...SCORE!!! I even raced the truck around the guys lot to test it before being pulled.

Now I have to remove the AA magnum swap mounts from the frame, and get it ready for the Teraflex hemi mounts

I have a wiring harness for the 5.9 swap, the radiator, and ZJ mechanical fan along with aa mounts I'm willing to part with at a fair price to anyone interested
Unread 01-30-2014, 11:59 PM   #67
MikeyMercier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangintin View Post
Well it's official, the 5.9 nv3500 combo have been pulled, picking up my hemi and 5-45rfe trans up next Saturday. Got the complete motor, trans, wiring, all hoses for fuel, AC, power steering, emissions blah blah blah from a 2003 state truck that had the motor replaced with a brand new 0 mile motor at the dealership with all the documentation and paperwork for $2500...SCORE!!! I even raced the truck around the guys lot to test it before being pulled.

Now I have to remove the AA magnum swap mounts from the frame, and get it ready for the Teraflex hemi mounts

I have a wiring harness for the 5.9 swap, the radiator, and ZJ mechanical fan along with aa mounts I'm willing to part with at a fair price to anyone interested
:edit i cant use it sorry i have a 2000 motor and apparently the injector style changed
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #68
bangintin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Time to start the hemi build thread, in the process of rebuilding/beefing the motor and trans at the moment. I also have a garage now so this thread no longer applies. Will start a new thread and post a link for those interested

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.