AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 10-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #91
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Here U go Luciano. We can cut brace for the truss off and it will look like their regular one. It's really sturdy.

krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #92
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

O wow thats real nice... would we be able to cut it accurately to the shape of a 44? How much you looking for it?
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #93
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

stupid weather...looks like Ill be playing in the snow sooner then expected
imag0522.jpg   imag0523.jpg   imag0524.jpg  
Unread 10-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #94
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

^^^Nice time lapse. I didn't have the urge to go out in it today with the Jeep. Did take the Jetta out, lol. Good Times.

As far as the cover, it's already got the holes for the 44 bolt pattern, so I can mate it up to my 44 or the GLO cover I have and trace where to cut. I have a real nice portable band saw that I have to justify the expense somehow, so I can cut it to the outline, then round the edge with the grinder and you're good to go. How does half of whatever BTF charges for a cover sound? I'll have to look, it's like 80 or 90 bucks on their website.
Unread 10-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #95
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well, if you really have to have Riddler, or maybe just one for the front and then get Ed's, you dont want to miss this.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/r...pping-1204507/

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #96
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ed, Im very tempted to buy that diff cover. Question though, do you have the fill plug, mounting hardware, and are you willing to ship it to me?

The reason Im so torn about the riddlers is not only would I prefer matchup diff covers but the mounting hardware is recessed into the cover protecting any bolts from being torn off on rocks.

Unread 10-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #97
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

awesome improvement, rubi is looking really good and tastefully done.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:23 AM   #98
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Ed, Im very tempted to buy that diff cover. Question though, do you have the fill plug, mounting hardware, and are you willing to ship it to me?

The reason Im so torn about the riddlers is not only would I prefer matchup diff covers but the mounting hardware is recessed into the cover protecting any bolts from being torn off on rocks.

No, No, and No.... hahahaha. Yes, I got all the hardware and if you want it shipped, no problem.

I hear you on the recessed hardware. The hardware used is socket head cap screws, black oxided. Should be pretty strong, but what I would consider doing is counter-sinking the bottom two/three bolts a little if you are worried.

I was just throwing this out there to maybe save you some coin. If you like the Riddlers, def get them, it's only like 50 bucks more I think. I have GLO covers for the front/rear new axles. I was nosing around recently and found out they are JP tested bulletproof Those dudes crack me up.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...est/index.html
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #99
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDJP44 View Post
awesome improvement, rubi is looking really good and tastefully done.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashnpa View Post
No, No, and No.... hahahaha. Yes, I got all the hardware and if you want it shipped, no problem.

I hear you on the recessed hardware. The hardware used is socket head cap screws, black oxided. Should be pretty strong, but what I would consider doing is counter-sinking the bottom two/three bolts a little if you are worried.

I was just throwing this out there to maybe save you some coin. If you like the Riddlers, def get them, it's only like 50 bucks more I think. I have GLO covers for the front/rear new axles. I was nosing around recently and found out they are JP tested bulletproof Those dudes crack me up.

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...est/index.html
hahaha that link is great. The fact they took the time to shoot those dif covers is hilarious.

Despite your best efforts and incredible offer for now Im going to go with the Riddler covers. Thanks though
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:29 AM   #100
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post

hahaha that link is great. The fact they took the time to shoot those dif covers is hilarious.

Despite your best efforts and incredible offer for now Im going to go with the Riddler covers. Thanks though
No problemo. I'll find use for it (target practice) or sell it one way or the other. Down here at Krazy Ed's Jeep Parts, we're slashing prices on everything!
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #101
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Well, if you really have to have Riddler, or maybe just one for the front and then get Ed's, you dont want to miss this.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/r...pping-1204507/
In case you missed it earlier, dont miss out on this offer if its still on.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #102
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

4 wheel parts sells them for 105, free shipping too. I didn't think of this, but I know someone with a d44a and a big green beast of a zj that will need this cover.....
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #103
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashnpa View Post
4 wheel parts sells them for 105, free shipping too. I didn't think of this, but I know someone with a d44a and a big green beast of a zj that will need this cover.....
Yeah, I'm kinda jealous of that big green beast. My Brother in law says it feels like offroading in a Cadillac because its so smooth.

Unread 10-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #104
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Yeah, I'm kinda jealous of that big green beast. My Brother in law says it feels like offroading in a Cadillac because its so smooth.
Buy once, cry once. You two have sweet rigs plus you have a frame, and that means it will hold together when you bolt the Volvo portals to it. Partial to black right now, but then again, I had a red TJ... haha.
Unread 10-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #105
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thanks Kev I did see the link. I think Rokmen has them for $105 free shipping as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.