AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #901
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Lu, I hate to sound like I am harping on about those axle tube seals, but did you get proper instructions with yours? I ask because we finally took mine out and rubber portion was chewed all to heck. Chuck said I should complain to the company, so I emailed them from their contact page. I didn't ask for a refund or a replacement, just explained that I had to instructions, explained how they were installed and greased, but how I was not happy with their performance. What I found interesting was the response:

I am sorry that you have had a bad experience one of our products. *Typically this would fall under an installation error and would not fall under the warranty procedure. *However if you can provide me some information i might be able to help you out.
I need the original PO, SO, or *WO # from your retailer. With that information i am almost sure ii can get something done for you.

I responded that I would look for my invoice, and I appreciate the offer but questioned what the "proper" installation procedure is. I think it will be interesting to see what their response is. My belief is that they think that I would be so anxious to get some sort of refund that I would let the "installation error" comment pass without a challenge. Not true. If you are interested, I'll let you know when or if I get an answer to that question.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #902
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Kev I ended up getting these instead. Front axle sleeve to strengthen the axle since I dont plan to get a front truss and have to cut all the brackets off. These particular sleeves come with axle seals so I should be good to go.
evo-44mag_medium.jpg  
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #903
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

^ Those are sweet!

Might have to look into those myself when i build the front.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #904
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Kev I ended up getting these instead. Front axle sleeve to strengthen the axle since I dont plan to get a front truss and have to cut all the brackets off. These particular sleeves come with axle seals so I should be good to go.
OH HELL YEAH!!!!! Much better choice. Just so glad you didnt make the same mistake I made.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 05-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #905
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

No more progress has been made on the rear 4 link yet. Jeeps in my friends garage and he lives over an hour away from me so we dont get any weekday nights to work on it. This Sat we will be getting back to work but in the meantime I got a few items in the mail.

Front Bilstein shocks arrived

Axle sleeves, they came with washers to provide a seal

Coil bucket with spring retainer. Might not use the bucket and just throw the retainers on the stock buckets. Not sure yet

No more updates until this weekend
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #906
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Had a good 8 hours to work on the rear 4 link today. Im happy with the progress made:

Tacked the truss in place

Had to notch the truss a but to give more room for the diff breather hose

Did a sh*t ton of grinding and cleaning up of the frame, also got the spring perch mounts off. Basically used a huge a** hammer and pry bar and mangled them up pretty good with the intention of cutting the bracket off and just cutting some angle iron to shape and weld it to the frame.

Measured and got the axle in place and tacked on the frame control arm mounts, also cut the exhaust off since it was directly in the way. Biggest pain in the *** is that the gas line, brake line, and locker pump hose run alongside the inside of the driverside frame and had to be bent inorder to get the mounts in place. Not quite sure how Im going to re-run them if anyone has any ideas thatd be awesome.

Decided to tack the control arm mounts about 1 in from the skid for a few reasons. A. it gives some room if the skid ever has to come off B. provides room to weld the inside of the frameside of the mount and C. cuz I just did. Had to grind down the stock lower control arm bracket completely off inorder for it to be placed there.

Unread 06-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #907
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Biggest pain in the *** is that the gas line, brake line, and locker pump hose run alongside the inside of the driverside frame and had to be bent inorder to get the mounts in place. Not quite sure how Im going to re-run them if anyone has any ideas thatd be awesome.
You can run them along the top of the frame rail. The brake line will have to be bent with your fingers gradually, don't just try to make a 90* bend in it.
Unread 06-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #908
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I spent a good 8-9 hours working on the jeep today too. Everytime I read one of these 4 link, 3 link, stretch threads I'm thankful I don't know how to weld, since that eliminates any chance of me doing those kind of mods....and that's a good thing.

Looking good.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #909
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You got some serious dirty work out of the way !
You guys love your hobart welded out easty. Jealous of that truss mang.
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #910
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Decided to tack the control arm mounts about 1 in from the skid for a few reasons. A. it gives some room if the skid ever has to come off B. provides room to weld the inside of the frameside of the mount and C. cuz I just did.
That's where I plan to run mine as well. It's looking great so far.
Unread 06-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #911
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
You can run them along the top of the frame rail. The brake line will have to be bent with your fingers gradually, don't just try to make a 90* bend in it.
Yeah I thought about that or somehow just tucking them up on the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I spent a good 8-9 hours working on the jeep today too. Everytime I read one of these 4 link, 3 link, stretch threads I'm thankful I don't know how to weld, since that eliminates any chance of me doing those kind of mods....and that's a good thing.

Looking good.
I never thought Id actually tackle this project since I dont know how to weld but a wheelin buddy of mine offered to help. Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
You got some serious dirty work out of the way !
You guys love your hobart welded out easty. Jealous of that truss mang.
The truss is diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Fuzz View Post
That's where I plan to run mine as well. It's looking great so far.
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #912
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome progress! You'll be on the trail in no time!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #913
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

He HAS to make progress. He's getting married soon, and that could end up stopping alot of Jeep mods. hehehe Not trying to be mean or make the future Mrs Lu out to be a control freak or anything, but those of us that have been there know that marriage changes priorities sometimes.

She's looking great Lu. Hope everything continues to move along smoothly. You should consider seeing if your buddy would let you have parts shipped straight to his address so they are there waiting for you.

Unread 06-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #914
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Awesome progress! You'll be on the trail in no time!
Thanks Bob, unfortunately I only get to work on it every other weekend for one day so its going slow and I need it done asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
He HAS to make progress. He's getting married soon, and that could end up stopping alot of Jeep mods. hehehe Not trying to be mean or make the future Mrs Lu out to be a control freak or anything, but those of us that have been there know that marriage changes priorities sometimes.

She's looking great Lu. Hope everything continues to move along smoothly. You should consider seeing if your buddy would let you have parts shipped straight to his address so they are there waiting for you.
haha I hear ya Kev we will be savings for a house right after the wedding. May get to purchase some fenders and corner armor as a wedding present to myself but we"ll see.

Also question for others out there, what are some brands of small mufflers other then spintech?
Unread 06-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #915
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Also question for others out there, what are some brands of small mufflers other then spintech?
Not sure how small you're looking to go, but Brad & I run Magnaflow. Well, mine has been sitting in the box since April.

The one we have is the 10416.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.