AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 60 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.com

Unread 05-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #886
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
That's not hard to do with Lu's thread. He's throwing money at his rig like its a high class call girl.
HEY!! ..... She makes me feels special

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #887
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I bet she does. hehehe

Are you planning on using a Speedohealer or anything to get your speedo back in synch after doing the bigger meats? I'm like 3mph off at highway speed with my 33s.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #888
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have a programmer so Yeah I corrected the speedo in relation to the tire size Im running
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #889
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I have a programmer so Yeah I corrected the speedo in relation to the tire size Im running
So what are you using to do that? I was looking at the SpeedoHealer, but you have a programmer that does more? I dont remember reading about it in your thread.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #890
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Im using a Superchips Jeep Programmer. It allows me to program for tire size change, gear ratio, better gas mileage, read check engine lights, 4hi locker mod and other shiznit.

Off topic are those alloy axle seals you have still causin issues?
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #891
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah! I hate them. Maybe if I had read that you can use form a gasket to keep them in place, I would feel better about them.

Unread 05-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #892
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got started tearing down the rear suspension to start my 4link.

Few before shots:

Stripping down and removing the rear axle:

Cutting and Grinding (not the final product) Such a b*itch

So worked for about 5 hours and we got the axle out, frame lower control arms brackets cut off, all brackets on the axle cut off and ground down, trac bar bracket cut off, and started to cut the upper spring perch.

Im happy with that progress, anyone have any tips on how to cut the spring perches on the inside of the frame!?
Unread 05-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #893
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You put those axle tube caps on yet? We took mine off today, and you should see what happens to them when they spin in the tube like mine did. I'll have to get a pic up so you can see them.

Now about tops. I know you said that you got a Rampage, and I saw pics of it. And I know you said you like it. Are there any cons in your opinion? I gashed my top on a tree while doing an off camber section,mso I need a new top. Do you still have to se the door surrounds? One got a little piece broken off, but I can fix that. I really thought I would have more time to figure out what top to get, but such is Honey Badger wheelin.

You ever sell that Novack shifter? Looks like I might have to do one of those as well. My linkage is all F'd up. At least that all I hope is wrong with the Transfer Case.

Unread 05-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #894
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Too bad you don't have a torch, would make a lot less grinding too. looks good tho!
Driver831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #895
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lu, when I removed my spring perches, I just cut the outside welds and then beat on them with a BFH back and forth until I broke the welds on the inside of the frame rail. Are you re-using the perches or replacing them with aftermarket?
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 04:56 AM   #896
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
You put those axle tube caps on yet? We took mine off today, and you should see what happens to them when they spin in the tube like mine did. I'll have to get a pic up so you can see them.

Now about tops. I know you said that you got a Rampage, and I saw pics of it. And I know you said you like it. Are there any cons in your opinion? I gashed my top on a tree while doing an off camber section,mso I need a new top. Do you still have to se the door surrounds? One got a little piece broken off, but I can fix that. I really thought I would have more time to figure out what top to get, but such is Honey Badger wheelin.

You ever sell that Novack shifter? Looks like I might have to do one of those as well. My linkage is all F'd up. At least that all I hope is wrong with the Transfer Case.
For the top you need door surrounds, windshield header and tailgate retainer.

Extra Novak shifter I had is long gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver831 View Post
Too bad you don't have a torch, would make a lot less grinding too. looks good tho!
I wish. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Lu, when I removed my spring perches, I just cut the outside welds and then beat on them with a BFH back and forth until I broke the welds on the inside of the frame rail. Are you re-using the perches or replacing them with aftermarket?
Planning to reuse them
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #897
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

About time
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #898
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

You ended up switching to the discovery shafts right?
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #899
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dang! You ain't messing around! Way ta jump right in to it!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #900
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
You ended up switching to the discovery shafts right?
Yeah still got the chromoly ujoint but went with Discovery shafts since there was no timetable for the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Dang! You ain't messing around! Way ta jump right in to it!
Yeah man its finally time. Cant wait till its done!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.