AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #76
REDNWHITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
With my Rubicon it has pre-drilled holes from the stock diamond plate rockers on the body. When I went to install the Rock RibZ the holes didnt line up. Normally wouldnt be a problem because you can just drill new ones. The biggest snag was the fact the first and last hole partially lined up but to the point where you couldnt put a bolt in or drill a new hole right next to it.

Wasnt a huge deal but very time consuming to make the holes on the ends of the rock ribz larger to match up with the stock drill holes on the body. Once we screwed the first and last in none of the others cause any problems and you can just drill new holes and bolt in.
FEW! I don't have a RUBI so this won't be an issue for me! Mine came via UPS yesterday, can't wait to get them primed, painted and installed. Did you use the VHT Chassie and RollBar paint on them? How has it held up so far? I was thinking of going with a Bedliner paint of sorts...

Thanks again for all the info!!

REDNWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #77
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I used the Chassie and rollbar paint and its holding up great so far. Bedliner would work just as good Im sure just wont have a clean smooth finish.

Also after going wheeling this past weekend my next mods will def be some UCF skids and Riddler Dana 44 covers
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #78
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Updated build plan in this order (As funds permit):

-UCF Engine/tcase skid combo
-Riddler D44 covers
-Currie HD Steering
-Currie Antirock
-Poison Spyder or Rokmen Full Corner or Trail Corners (cant decide)
-Genright LED tail lights
-UCF Gas Tank Skid

Thats the plan for now
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #79
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

-Riddler D44 covers
-Currie HD Steering
-Currie Antirock
-UCF Gas Tank Skid

Thats the plan for now
I'd bump that tank skid up if it were me. I know they already have a skid, but it's more or less sheet metal, right? Maybe swap it with the antirock on that list.

I have a BTF 44 cover you could have for a few bucks. It's got a mount for their truss system, but I won't be using it on my front 44. We can hack it off and you'll be golden. Nice and tough and we'll save u some coin.
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #80
kashoggio

Quote:

-Riddler D44 covers
-Currie HD Steering
-Currie Antirock
-UCF Gas Tank Skid

Thats the plan for now
nice list..
cant figure out what to do next on my, def winch , but cant seem to want to change my gas tank skid while the stock one is still holding up fine, but it will be on the list, way down the list.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #81
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That's a good point; if you're not wheeling it hard enough to hit it or the type of trails you're running don't have the rocks to bite it, that money could be going to something else. I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either. 'Course Kev had 31's and since stepped up to 33's; an extra inch of clearance. Might make the difference. It definitely looked it on trail 32.
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #82
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My only fear is actually getting the old tank skid off and the new one on. We had to loosen mine up a bit when working on something or another and we've got one that won't loosen or retighten because of the stupid nuts embedded in the body. I'd love to get a proper tank skid on at some point, but going for the UCF engine/trans skid first.

As for the diff covers, Riddler seems to be a favorite of many, and they are way cheaper than ARBs, there are others that are just as good and even cheaper if your shop around. You might want to consider Krash's offer. He is pretty much known for having the some of the best stuff around. Use his skid on the front, and maybe get something cheaper for the back. Mine are from KORE. They were on sale for like $80 each and they are nice and thick. Only issue I am having is I need a new O ring on the fill cap or some permatex on the threads of the fill cap because the front one seeps fluid from that cap.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #83
1998 ZJ 

Nice pics! Would like to see more of your rubicon! Nice to see some ZJ's and XJ's there too..how did you like it? I bet it was pretty nice having lockers on demand when you needed them. So overall were you impressed and happy with it?
98318242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #84
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashnpa View Post
I'd bump that tank skid up if it were me. I know they already have a skid, but it's more or less sheet metal, right? Maybe swap it with the antirock on that list.

I have a BTF 44 cover you could have for a few bucks. It's got a mount for their truss system, but I won't be using it on my front 44. We can hack it off and you'll be golden. Nice and tough and we'll save u some coin.
Might take you up on the offer. I just really like the Riddlers look and Im a bit ocd when it comes to having things that match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
nice list..
cant figure out what to do next on my, def winch , but cant seem to want to change my gas tank skid while the stock one is still holding up fine, but it will be on the list, way down the list.
I just know its going to be a pain in the A so Im not looking forward to it myself while the stock is holding up for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98318242 View Post
Nice pics! Would like to see more of your rubicon! Nice to see some ZJ's and XJ's there too..how did you like it? I bet it was pretty nice having lockers on demand when you needed them. So overall were you impressed and happy with it?
First time wheeling was a freakin blast. Meeting all the guys I went with was awesome and they taught me a lot of things throughout the day. To be honest I didn't use the lockers once and overall my Rubicon far exceeded my exceptions and easily crawled threw some tough stuff and the only thing holding it back was me. Once I get some armor on there Ill feel more confident in taking her on some more difficult trails.

I also need a co-pilot to document the trip for me with a barrage of photos. I'll have to take a buddy next time.
Unread 10-28-2011, 03:35 AM   #85
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'll try to get a pic Luciano. I am not looking to make any money on it, just know it will not be used and if I can help a fellow wheeler out, that's better than it sitting around.

I understand OCD and wanted to get an ARB cover for the rear, but they don't make them for the 8.25. I already had the PSC rock ring anyway, so it didn't make sense. Painted it red to match the ARB. Funny thing is, I never see it when I am in the Jeep hahahaha.

Kev, try Loctite 567. It will work like RTV, but it doesn't harden like RTV.
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #86
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll try to get a pic Luciano. I am not looking to make any money on it, just know it will not be used and if I can help a fellow wheeler out, that's better than it sitting around.

I understand OCD and wanted to get an ARB cover for the rear, but they don't make them for the 8.25. I already had the PSC rock ring anyway, so it didn't make sense. Painted it red to match the ARB. Funny thing is, I never see it when I am in the Jeep hahahaha.

Thanks Ed

Let me know when you get a pic Im certainly interested in saving money

Unread 10-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #87
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That was probably going to be my next step, but I now think that there is a bad weld on the filler tube. I posted all the details on my thread. Kenneth at KORE is standing by his work though. They are sending me a new cover and I'm going to ship this one back so they can check it out.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #88
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

+1 on the never seeing your rear diff. I was washing my rig yesterday and spent some time washing down the steering gear since I was going to be working up there. Later in the day, heading off to dinner in the low sitting Bimmer, I noticed that I totally missed doing the rear undercarriage. Still coated with that lovely dark grey RC mud.

Ed, you don't have a nice aluminum UCF full skid in that garage of goodies for me do ya? Hehe

Unread 10-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #89
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Purchased this baby from a forum member for $225
jeepflashpaq-tuner.png

Unread 10-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #90
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.
Haha. How the heck did I miss that line? Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I should add that line to my signature block. Hehehe

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.