AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Reply
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #856
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos
I would have bought a winch before buying a four-link rear, but that's just me.

That's cuz Honey Badger Don't care about no stinking 4 link.....

Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #857
ScottD16
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos
I would have bought a winch before buying a four-link rear, but that's just me.

Kev buying a winch is just admitting to the fact that you know your gonna get stuck

That's why we don't have one
__________________
[B][U][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Yellow"]JEEP BUILD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] better late than never [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-submarine-build-1359779/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-submarine-build-1359779/[/URL]

I like to do the photography [B][U][SIZE="4"]Flickr[/SIZE][/U][/B]- [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunklewunkle/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunklewunkle/[/URL]

wheeling pictures and other random stuff [SIZE="4"][B][U]Photobucket[/U][/B][/SIZE] [URL="http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac44/scottad16/"]http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac44/scottad16/[/URL]
ScottD16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #858
KevKaos
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD16 View Post
Kev buying a winch is just admitting to the fact that you know your gonna get stuck

That's why we don't have one
Well, you DO always have reverse. hahaha

On the other hand, if you DO have a winch, you try much more than you would without one.

I like to think of myself as a good samaritan. I use my winch on others rigs more than my own 3 to 1. Unless I am wheelin with Squazz, and then it jumps to 6 to 1. hehehehe In all fairness to Squazz, he does try things that the rest of our group woouldnt consider trying.
__________________
[SIZE="4"]KevKaos[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]Honey Badger Wheelin'[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #859
MO2500
Fabramicator
 
MO2500's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 6,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
hehehehe In all fairness to Squazz, he does try things that the rest of our group is wise enough to not even consider trying.
Fixed
__________________
My Jeep Build
Useful tech links:
Stu-Offroad - great technical write-ups!
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #860
KevKaos
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Fixed
Well played Sir.
__________________
[SIZE="4"]KevKaos[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]Honey Badger Wheelin'[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #861
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 3,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Only if I can have your bumper!
What a deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
That's cuz Honey Badger Don't care about no stinking 4 link.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD16 View Post
Kev buying a winch is just admitting to the fact that you know your gonna get stuck

That's why we don't have one
Scott speaks the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Well, you DO always have reverse. hahaha

On the other hand, if you DO have a winch, you try much more than you would without one.

I like to think of myself as a good samaritan. I use my winch on others rigs more than my own 3 to 1. Unless I am wheelin with Squazz, and then it jumps to 6 to 1. hehehehe In all fairness to Squazz, he does try things that the rest of our group woouldnt consider trying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Fixed
I have 1000 x more confidence now with all the upgrades ie steering, engine skid, rockers etc so Ill follow squazz into some hairy situations then laugh as he breaks **** and you (kev) have to fill your quota of winch pulls
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #862
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 3,673
Had a real good day today, got promoted at work and got some goodies in the mail

Axle lower control arm brackets



Ford shock towers ( Yes there are 2 )



TNT Truss



Rear 5125 bilsteins came in

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #863
Danno6102
Web Wheeler
 
Danno6102's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: , Indiana
Posts: 1,505
Sweet! You go with 255/70 on the bilsteins? You'll like 'em!
__________________
IndyORV
My Build

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #864
Sgt.Fuzz
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Had a real good day today, got promoted at work and got some goodies in the mail

Axle lower control arm brackets



Ford shock towers ( Yes there are 2 )



TNT Truss



Rear 5125 bilsteins came in

I'd say you had a very good day!
__________________
[COLOR="Blue"]My build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/fuzzbucket-build-1126577/[/url][/COLOR]
Sgt.Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #865
KevKaos
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 2,422
Congratulations on your promotion. Now you can buy more Jeep porn.

I got my TNT truss today also, but it's stuck in Detroit at the moment. Hehehe

Lu, do you have your steering upgraded? (edit) oh, I see that you did. I was going to say that you're going to need it if you get those 35s into some serious rocks.
__________________
[SIZE="4"]KevKaos[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]Honey Badger Wheelin'[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #866
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Central, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Fixed
nice Avatar wounder how that hole got in that rocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post





I have 1000 x more confidence now with all the upgrades ie steering, engine skid, rockers etc so Ill follow squazz into some hairy situations then laugh as he breaks **** and you (kev) have to fill your quota of winch pulls
interesting theory you got there.....
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #867
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 3,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Sweet! You go with 255/70 on the bilsteins? You'll like 'em!
Yeah 255/70s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Fuzz View Post
I'd say you had a very good day!


Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Congratulations on your promotion. Now you can buy more Jeep porn.

I got my TNT truss today also, but it's stuck in Detroit at he moment. Hehehe

Lu, do you have your steering upgraded? (edit) oh, I see that you did. I was going to say that you're going to need it if you get those 35s into some serious rocks.
Yeah I tested it out smashing a few rocks and only a few scratches. The stock setup would have completely folded

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
interesting theory you got there.....
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #868
gspup
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Demfer, CO
Posts: 2,474
I'll be reading through your build when I get some time. Looking good. Love the racelines.
__________________
TJ build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ljs-devil-1329976/
gspup is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #869
KevKaos
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Yeah 255/70s







Yeah I tested it out smashing a few rocks and only a few scratches. The stock setup would have completely folded



Try to take it easy smashing into rocks though. That's a tough piece of metal, but it CAN bend. As we saw on my rig. Unless of course yours is from Mr Blaine and is the heat treated one that bends and then snaps back into place.
__________________
[SIZE="4"]KevKaos[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]Honey Badger Wheelin'[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #870
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab
 
AngryTJ's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orange, CT
Posts: 3,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
I'll be reading through your build when I get some time. Looking good. Love the racelines.
Thanks man, Ive been following your build as well. Gotta say Im def jealous of the trails you have out there in CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Try to take it easy smashing into rocks though. That's a tough piece of metal, but it CAN bend. As we saw on my rig. Unless of course yours is from Mr Blaine and is the heat treated one that bends and then snaps back into place.
I have the ultimate steering Kev, tie rod shouldnt bend like yours did.


Got a few more packages in:

Frame side upper CA brackets


DOM (poly only shipped me 3, should have 4 so Ill have to call)


Box-o-JJs and lower shock brackets


Rear antirock and the upper CA brackets for the truss also came in
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.