AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #781
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Lu, I need a application for employment

squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #782
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
Lu, I need a application for employment
no problem squazz
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #783
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The Poly rear 4 link kit is cheaper and includes literally the same stuff......FYI, Poly was the first to come out with that frame bracket design.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...l-p-16802.html

Since you're planning on using a truss for the upper link mounts, you'll want to contact them and ask them to remove the standalone rear upper axle brackets. That'd be a good time to ask for a deal, too.....I make all of my purchases through Tommy FYI. As for the brackets you're talking about using at the truss, I'd scratch those. They'll sit too tall. You want to keep the uppers tucked down as close to the diff as possible. Just use separate tabs.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #784
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

something like these for the uppers?

http://www.artecindustries.com/Truss...nts_p_182.html
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #785
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, those'd work great.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #786
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Holy transformation Batman!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #787
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Why not save $150 & do the Ford shock towers? Mine are mounted higher than what their brackets look to be capable of. I'm running 12" shocks in the back & with switching my coils this past weekend to the 2 1/2" RC, my mount actually needs to move up another 1" to 1 1/2" to maintain the 6" up & 6" down that I want.

Mine are definitely higher & need to go even higher. Compare their locations to the bubble in the tub.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #788
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Why not save $150 & do the Ford shock towers? Mine are mounted higher than what their brackets look to be capable of. I'm running 12" shocks in the back & with switching my coils this past weekend to the 2 1/2" RC, my mount actually needs to move up another 1" to 1 1/2" to maintain the 6" up & 6" down that I want.

Mine are definitely higher & need to go even higher. Compare their locations to the bubble in the tub.
Whered you get your ford towers? Did you have to modify them at all to run the 5125s with them?

Also Imped what are your thoughts on the Artec kit with rod ends instead of JJs? Seems a bit cheaper.

http://artecindustries.3dcartstores....rs-_p_276.html
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #789
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Holy transformation Batman!
Yeaa buddy
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #790
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Whered you get your ford towers? Did you have to modify them at all to run the 5125s with them?

Also Imped what are your thoughts on the Artec kit with rod ends instead of JJs? Seems a bit cheaper.

Ford dealer. $30 a pair. Just call your local & tell them you need P/N E5TZ-18183-A. I actually need to call them in a day or two to order me another set for the front. I chopped about 4" off the end of mine so there is plenty to go higher. Only modification I needed to do was drill the hole out for the bolt. Make sure you do this before you weld the towers in. I didn't realize the holes were slightly smaller until I went to mount the shock. It's a ***** trying to get a drill in there & ended up using a dremel.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #791
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
Ford dealer. $30 a pair. Just call your local & tell them you need P/N E5TZ-18183-A. I actually need to call them in a day or two to order me another set for the front. I chopped about 4" off the end of mine so there is plenty to go higher. Only modification I needed to do was drill the hole out for the bolt. Make sure you do this before you weld the towers in. I didn't realize the holes were slightly smaller until I went to mount the shock. It's a ***** trying to get a drill in there & ended up using a dremel.
Awesome Ill def be doing that then. Thanks Danno
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #792
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post

I'm not Connor but I can just about guarantee he's going to say JJs I completely agree for a street driven jeep. Rod ends are excellent for strength and range of motion but can be considered a much more solid connection than a JJ meaning you are going to feel more road vibrations and energy transfer between the axle and frame than you might feel with a JJ which has some dampening effect due to the urethane bushing that encapsulates the center ball. Also, I'm pretty sure the JJs will last much longer before needing a rebuild than a rod end will before needing replacement. FWIW, I'm running RuffStuff chromo rod ends on mine but would only consider JJs if my jeep was a DD or frequent driver on the street.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #793
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jjs are the best thing you can run on any rig. I will never run anything else. Well worth the money spent. Yeah, I have 500 worth of JJs on my Jeep. But, its one thing I will never have to worry about.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #794
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ill have to give polyperformance a call because it seems cheaper to buy everything seperately rather then as a kit which seems a** backwards. JJs will be used then instead of rod ends and also probably use Artec's lower CA brackets. I like how they have a mini skid built in to them protecting the joint.

http://artecindustries.3dcartstores....air_p_252.html
Unread 04-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #795
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Had a late night tinkering with the rig yesterday with a buddy. First order of business was to adjust the novak cable shifter since after I completely my tummy tuck I wasnt getting into 4lo anymore. After a sh** ton of tinkering with it, its finally shifting smoothly throughout every gear.

Second thing we tackled was the engine skid. Got all the holes drilled where it meets the tcase skid (which was not fun having to get through 1/4" steel while on your back trying to apply upward pressure) and bolted everything in place. After that I drilled a hole in the back of the tcase skid to run a bolt and attach my locker pumps to the skid keeping them tucked.

Glad I could scratch those items off the to do list and finally got around to unbolting my spare tire this morning to put the dynabeads in and get it mounted on my tire carrier. Planning a trip to Rausch this weekend and really hoping the rain doesnt ruin the trip.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.