AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #751
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
I know I was suggesting the Rokmen bumper, but I think you should just wait it out and get the Savvy. It really is a sweet looking bumper and lighter to boot!
+1 on that. Its not like you really have to have a stinger or even a winch mount at this point. And its not like they are never making them anymore. They just had some production problems that backed them up a bit. UCF had the same sort of problems when I ordered my skids. They had a bad batch of aluminum. I waited it out till they could get the good stuff.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #752
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I need some help from the jeep community in reference to my rear suspension. Now that my rig is back on the road I've noticed her *** end bounces a lot on every little bump and its very annoying. After speaking with Mike (MO2500) in reference to how I can correct this issue he had mentioned correcting the rear upper spring perches and outboarding with some good shocks would help. Being as though this was always on the to do list it looks like it may have to be addressed sooner rather then later. Before jumping into anything I like to read up on things since lets face it I work in finance and Im not a mechanic by trade. My questions that I cant seem to find a writeup steering me in any direction:

1) Should I swap out my current (Zone offroad) springs for the Currie Progressive rate springs?
2) If 1. is a yes then do I go with the 3in or 4in springs?
3) How do I determine which shocks to go with?
I know nothing about ideal travel needed or valving, its kind of like chinese writing to me so
4) How do I determine how much travel I need/want?
5) How do I determine valving?
6) Which outboarding kit should I go with, TNTs?

This is where I need the bat symbol, Help needed!
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #753
blackouttj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I like where this is going...
I am planning to go with Curries 3 inch springs hopefully sometime soon. I figure that coupled with my 1.25 bl and some fender trimming (until I get my metal cloak fenders ) should be enough to clear 35s. Shocks though, I'm in the same boat as you. Idk
blackouttj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #754
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ill have to post it up in TJ tech
Unread 04-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #755
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Im sure imped and a few others have dealt with that exact setup.
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #756
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

OK, what changed that is now making the booty bounce? The 35's, especially since they are on 15" rims?

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #757
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
OK, what changed that is now making the booty bounce? The 35's, especially since they are on 15" rims?
Nothing to do with tires or rims
Unread 04-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #758
kashoggio

Savvy 3inch / bilstein combos is great!! Jk still haven't even attempted to put them in... Just laying around they are. However stay with the 3 inch version especially if you ar going metalcloak fenders...
Btw any news on the bumper? Sounds like my ordeal with my rokmen tt I had

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #759
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
Savvy 3inch / bilstein combos is great!! Jk still haven't even attempted to put them in... Just laying around they are. However stay with the 3 inch version especially if you ar going metalcloak fenders...
Ive been told the bumper is in the final steps of being built and should be shipped soon. Decided to just wait and ask for a tshirt from Gerald for my patients.
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #760
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Nothing to do with tires or rims
Really? That's curious. I think I am on the same amount of lift as you and I don't have any booty bounce. Can't imagine what would cause something like that. When you lifted, was it with new variable rate springs?

Unread 04-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #761
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
I'm on 4.5 of lift with 33s and I'm gonna go Metalcloaks cause I'm just all ghetto like that.

Unread 04-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #762
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing to do with tires or height, everything to do with components used. Shocks are there to dampen the springs so if you're bouncing, that's your problem. Your shocks are either way, way too lightly valved or shot.....probably shot. That's why your next shocks won't be cheap.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #763
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Nothing to do with tires or height, everything to do with components used. Shocks are there to dampen the springs so if you're bouncing, that's your problem. Your shocks are either way, way too lightly valved or shot.....probably shot. That's why your next shocks won't be cheap.
After I posted, I was thinking along those lines as well. I got all new shocks with my lift. I even went for the cheaper shocks rather than the gas charged. Not sure what Lu's got.

Unread 04-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #764
whitejeep881
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey lu , ill try and get you those rear shock relocators this weekend maybe sunday. Maybe its your rear shocks all bound up from being pinched up againts the spring perch.
whitejeep881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #765
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Thanks for the pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejeep881 View Post
Hey lu , ill try and get you those rear shock relocators this weekend maybe sunday. Maybe its your rear shocks all bound up from being pinched up againts the spring perch.
Thanks Scott, Ill prolly just cut off the current perches, relocate, and outboard all at the same time.

Most likely going with 4" Currie springs but does anyone know if I should use 3" in the rear and 4" in the front once I relocate the perches to stay level?

Either way this will all wait until after my first trip next weekend!

Small update: Got my half doors on, paint doesnt match perfectly but its close enough.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.