AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #691
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The past two big events I have been to I saw hundreds of these wheels. They all look great on each rig. That to me shows the quality of the wheel, or at least the popularity of them. LOL I am kinda wanting the black ones like this.

Unread 03-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #692
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Those wheels are so freaking hot man. After this past weekend, I think I need some new rings and I'm hoping to pick up the aluminum ones.

Looks killer!
Thanks man, your rig looks killer as is but the alum rings are pretty sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
The past two big events I have been to I saw hundreds of these wheels. They all look great on each rig. That to me shows the quality of the wheel, or at least the popularity of them. LOL I am kinda wanting the black ones like this.
The black ones are pretty sweet too but I have a black Jeep so the alum ones will look badass.

Mounted two more rims tonight, I dont recommend anyone mounting beadlocks after going to the gym
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #693
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well getting my tires balanced today was an epic failure! The tires were so far off they couldnt balance them so I spent the afternoon taking all the rings off and re-seating them to hopefully get the bead tightened evenly. On the second try at the tire shop it was the same problem. Beads might be my only hope
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #694
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Well getting my tires balanced today was an epic failure! The tires were so far off they couldnt balance them so I spent the afternoon taking all the rings off and re-seating them to hopefully get the bead tightened evenly. On the second try at the tire shop it was the same problem. Beads might be my only hope

Maybe the guys doing it were clueless or just didnt want to mess with them? So you had the tires on the rims and aired up right? Were the ring bolts properly torqued? Not sure what loosening and then retorquing is going to do. Starting to scare me about going to beadlocks. Guess I better order my Dynabeads to be safe.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #695
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Being a 35" tire it required too much weight according to the balancing machine to get balanced. I placed my order for dynabeads a few minutes ago.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php

If anyone needs the link but I will have a full review once everything is mounted.
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #696
map93xj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Let us know how much u had to use to get them to balance.
06 LJ rubi RE 4 1/2 sf, MT 35/12.50/15 on soft 8s, Kilby tummy tuck and engine skid, Wilderness frt and rear bumpers, Warn M8000, Cobra 75 cb, Genright sport cage, Poison Spyder Armor, Gen Right front fenders.
map93xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #697
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry you are having so many problems with them. I hate it when an issue fights so much on these things.
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #698
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lu, did you get your rims in 15X8"? I saw that on the boxes you shipped the rims in and it made me wonder.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #699
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Lu, did you get your rims in 15X8"? I saw that on the boxes you shipped the rims in and it made me wonder.
They only make the 15" Racelines in 15x8 and 3.25" BS for the 5x4.5 lug pattern.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #700
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Few updates:

-Heard back from Gerald at Savvy via email yesterday and "supposedly" my bumper will be finished the early part of next week and mailed toward the end of the week. At this point I can say I have no confidence it actually will since I've been told this on a couple of occasions. Bumper was ordered on Feb 14th and Im about a week away from cancelling the order.

-Gas Tank skid has arrived and has been painted satin black

-Dynabeads came in.

-Superior shafts have not shipped yet and might not arrive before my april 21st wheelin trip.

-Rampage top and extended brake hoses have arrived

-Finished painting the passenger side half door.

-Started to sand and prime the driveside

-Lastly I mounted my wheels today and took her for a test drive!!
2 rims were able to be balanced with sticky weights so I put those 2 up front and then I added 8oz of the dynabeads to each rear tire. Got it up to 50mph and no death wobble!

Excuse the tic tac toe on the wheels, it was the only way to make sure all bolts were torqued. Ill get it cleaned up soon

Unread 03-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #701
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Coming together nicely! Those Racelines are sexy!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #702
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

She looks FANTASTIC!!!!!! Glad to hear that the beads are working for you. You need to find someplace where you can get her up to 65 or 70 to really be sure. So am I understanding you to say that the front were balanced with weights, and the backs only have the beads? Or are the back ones a combination of weights and beads?

Unread 03-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #703
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

OH OH!!!!!! Hate to tell you this, but you mounted your tires backwards.

Psych!!!!! Just mess'n wit ya. hehehe

Unread 03-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #704
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Kev. Front 2 have sticky weights and no beads and the rear 2 have no weights just beads. Ill take it on the highway soon but didnt have time this morning.
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #705
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Thanks Kev. Front 2 have sticky weights and no beads and the rear 2 have no weights just beads. Ill take it on the highway soon but didnt have time this morning.
Hmmm, so much for all those nay-sayers huh? Sounds like you now have the perfect setup for testing the balancing abilities of Dynabeads. I would want to test it further. Maybe try the back ones on the front and see what you think. Just so you know what to expect when you start rotating tires.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.