AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 10-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #46
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Ahhhhh, the Quigley driveshaft for the Rubicon. I know that saga well. Did you have to measure the pilot in the flange coming out of the transfer case to get the right one like I did? Depending on the year, there were two different size pilots used on the Rubicons. At the time I ordered, Quigleys could do the one but not the other. Even after measuring, I ended up with the wrong size. Quigleys made it right though by custom building one for me, and now they offer it. They said I got the first prototype, so I got that gong for me.

Hope you didnt break the bank on all that gear you bought last night, cause we could have covered you for most of it for this trip. But now that you've got it, you're all good. My poor little Rubi gets really loaded up and weighed down for these trips. This will be the first time she gets to ride up nice and light since we are using the Expedition as the pack mule for the trip.
Yeah I didnt have any issues with the Quigley shaft fitting soo thanks for your help

No def didnt break the bank last night just figured I'll need them sooner or later so why not now. Did you get my email? What time are you going to be making it to the campsite friday?

AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #47
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I did get your email, but I was updating my iPad this evening and quite frankly I forgot about it. Sorry. I posted about my plans over in the MD people thread. I hope to be up there and have camp set up before dark and then the wife and stepson are going to meet me there. Be on the lookout for a dark jeep with a hardtop and NY tags. That will be Joshua and he usually get there before us. Also look for MD tags. HubDeep trailers his rigs in usually I believe. We'll exchange phone numbers usually so we can contact each other if needed, or to be on the lookout as someone pulls in.

I was looking at the directions you got online, and they are spot on. Once you turn off the highway and onto Tremont Rd, you only go a short distance before turning onto Molleystown Rd. The easy way to spot it is as you go down Tremont, you will see a grassy area on your left that is sort of a triangle boundaries by three rds. You can take either of these left turns to get onto Molleystown Rd. If you pass a little diner/bar on the left, you probably went to far and need to turn around. Once you get on Molleystown Rd from that end, you are less than a half mile from the entrance to Rausch on your right.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #48
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rocker panels came in.

Before and After primed
rocker-before.jpg   rocker-primed.jpg  
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #49
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also finally got around to installed my front bumper...
before-bumper.jpg   front-view.jpg   side-view.jpg  
Unread 10-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #50
kashoggio

Looking good

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #51
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Some small updates: CB and Rokmen steering box skid came in. Also over the weekend I finished painting the Currie Rock Ribz and will be installing them this week.
imag0507.jpg   imag0497.jpg  
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #52
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you try out that handheld CB at home and don't hear much, dont sweat it. Trust me, they do great on the trail. You only need to send and rec for short distances on the trail. later on, maybe get a full on CB rig with one of those big firestix ant.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 10-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #53
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
If you try out that handheld CB at home and don't hear much, dont sweat it. Trust me, they do great on the trail. You only need to send and rec for short distances on the trail. later on, maybe get a full on CB rig with one of those big firestix ant.
I havent given it a try yet but looking forward to using it this weekend.

Im trying to get out of work for 3 on friday so I can get there for around 7pm. Also other stuff came up so I'll have to leave Saturday night but Im sure we will have fun during the day.
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #54
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I found out this morning that my stepson doesnt have school Friday, so hopefully we will be getting an early start comng up. Don't worry about having to leave sat night. Hopefully you wont need to drive through the night to get home. That would suck. Our NY friend usually rides with us for about half of the second day before he heads back, but a half day of wheelin is better than no wheelin.

Unread 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #55
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be interested to hear how easy or hard the install is for those rock rails. I should have used that style, but at the time I wasnt thinking about wheeling and only wanted steps for the wife. Now, both sides have nice deep scars in them from my rock adventures.

Oh yeah, and that steering skid as well. I still need one, so it will be interesting to see how easily it bolts up to the Warn bumper.

Speaking of the Warn bumper, I have to go back through your thread and see if you had the same issues with the back bumper as a couple of us had.

Unread 10-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #56
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was originally thinking of going with the Poison Spyder Rocker panels with the tubes for protection and a step for my gf to get in but they are $350ish plus shipping. The Currie Rock Ribz were a closeout sale I got for $200 shipped but are bare steel with no mountain hardware. I have instructions for the install and Im hoping to do it on Wednesday or Thursday night this week and will take some pics to show you. I def wanted a step but the protection of the body panel was my biggest concern with the intentions to start wheeling.

As far as the steering box skid it looks simple as pie but will def let you know if that turns into being a pain in the a$$.

Lastly the rear Warn bumper install: I had read in alot of build threads including the forum member I purchased it from was a major b*tch to put in so I actually had the shop whom installed my lift put the bumper in as well. They did an amazing job and the tire swing fits so snug that I have to push pretty hard for the pin to click and lock in. I took the easy way out there
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #57
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I always give mine a little kick to click it shut the rest of the way.

Unread 10-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #58
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Purchased all the hardware to mount the rockers this morning at a local screw shop. Cost me $20 so it puts my total cost for the Rockers at $236 ($200 for the rockers, $20 for hardware and $16 for paint) Looks like Ill have time Thursday night after work to do the install right before heading to Rausch Creek on Friday!
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #59
04limegreen
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build keep up the good work!

Electric Lime Green Jeep Owners #3
04limegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #60
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04limegreen View Post
Nice build keep up the good work!
Thank you

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.