AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #31
95riograndeman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Very nice builds for both Jeeps. How is the difference in power from the 2.5 to the I6? I have a 2.5 in my 95 wrangler with 32's and it is kinda well actually very slow but it does the job. Look forward seein more progress on your new jeep.

Unread 10-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #32
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
UCF makes an excellent product. I have there UHC and engine skid on my TJ.
Perfect, yeah thats exactly the product I was looking at. Thanks again
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #33
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95riograndeman View Post
Very nice builds for both Jeeps. How is the difference in power from the 2.5 to the I6? I have a 2.5 in my 95 wrangler with 32's and it is kinda well actually very slow but it does the job. Look forward seein more progress on your new jeep.
The power difference is very evident. After I had lifted my 97TJ with the 2.5 it lost all power but the Rubi I6 with 4.10 gears is awesome. Night and day

Thanks
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #34
kashoggio

Where r th new pics damn it

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #35
JeSimmers
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Another question for you guys on the forum, are the under cover fabworks skid plates good quality?
I have UCF transfercase and engine skids...top notch pieces. The quality is 2nd to none.
Red Jeep Club Member #454
JeSimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #36
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rockers came in! List of things to do in this order:

-Replace from passenger side ujoint
-Install front bumper and winch plate
-Prime and paint Rockers/install
-Order and install Steering Box skid
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #37
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
Where r th new pics damn it
haha I went to take some last night but it was too dark once I was out of work. Ill try to take some tonight
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #38
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Another question for you guys on the forum, are the under cover fabworks skid plates good quality?
That's the direction I am going. Like the looks of your build. Our Rubi could have been separated at birth. Hehe

Don't forget that UCF gives you a nice discount for being a JeepForum member.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #39
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSimmers View Post
I have UCF transfercase and engine skids...top notch pieces. The quality is 2nd to none.
Which material did you go with and how thick? And how's it holding up?

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #40
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
That's the direction I am going. Like the looks of your build. Our Rubi could have been separated at birth. Hehe

Don't forget that UCF gives you a nice discount for being a JeepForum member.
Thanks man they look like twins

Whats the discount and how do I get it?
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #41
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Some recent pics taken today. Diamond plate rockers removed and sold hoping to paint and install the new currie rock ribz this weekend
imag0484.jpg   imag0485.jpg   imag0486.jpg   imag0487.jpg   imag0488.jpg  

Unread 10-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #42
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks man they look like twins

Whats the discount and how do I get it?
10% off your subtotal (before shipping). I would figure out what you want, call in your order and tell them you're a jeep forum member. There is a member on this site that can talk to for more info. I can get you his name if you want it, or just search for UCF skids and you'll find him.

Unread 10-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #43
rubijosh
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The anti-rock will improve your ride on the road and off the road. Also think about some armor for the oil pan. Looking good! Did you get a cv shaft to help alleviate your driveline vibes?
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #44
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubijosh View Post
The anti-rock will improve your ride on the road and off the road. Also think about some armor for the oil pan. Looking good! Did you get a cv shaft to help alleviate your driveline vibes?
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I purchased a qigley driveshaft to eliminate a tc drop.

Just purchased a Rokmen steering box skid, handheld CB, d-rings, and a receiving hitch last night and my next purchase is def going to be a UCF engine/tranny & transfer case skid. Might wait till Xmas and ask for the Currie Antirock.
Unread 10-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #45
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I purchased a qigley driveshaft to eliminate a tc drop.

Just purchased a Rokmen steering box skid, handheld CB, d-rings, and a receiving hitch last night and my next purchase is def going to be a UCF engine/tranny & transfer case skid. Might wait till Xmas and ask for the Currie Antirock.
Ahhhhh, the Quigley driveshaft for the Rubicon. I know that saga well. Did you have to measure the pilot in the flange coming out of the transfer case to get the right one like I did? Depending on the year, there were two different size pilots used on the Rubicons. At the time I ordered, Quigleys could do the one but not the other. Even after measuring, I ended up with the wrong size. Quigleys made it right though by custom building one for me, and now they offer it. They said I got the first prototype, so I got that gong for me.

Hope you didnt break the bank on all that gear you bought last night, cause we could have covered you for most of it for this trip. But now that you've got it, you're all good. My poor little Rubi gets really loaded up and weighed down for these trips. This will be the first time she gets to ride up nice and light since we are using the Expedition as the pack mule for the trip.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.