AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #256
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Been thinking over my winter build plans and Ill be holding off on any major changes of my suspension and address some other issues first.

Recent spending spree consists of: (bold items were just purchased today)

-Wheel spacers
-UCF Lopro mount
-Daystar 1" body lift
-Chassis Saver
-Front Antirock just purchased by the future wifey
-Novak Tcase 241 shifter
-RC Xflex front upper & front lower CAs w/ sway bar disconnects purchased off a forum member (will be selling the discos)
-Clayton Engine skid purchased but now for sale
-Currie Ultimate Steering Kit with Savvy Tie rod for $300!

Shopping list for after Xmas:
-UCF Ultra High Clearance Steel engine & tcase skid
-TNT Rockers
-Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
-Brown Dog Motor Mount lift
Wow... this looks just like my phase 2 build sheet, haha.... you'll love everything on your list. Also, before I went with the GenRight gas tank full replacement, I was looking at the Saavy skid plate. It's slightly better than the Rokmen only because you can get an additional 1/4" due to the built in adjustability with the body lift. As far as the steel vs aluminum on the UCF UHC skids, go steel IMHO. Aluminum won't matter if your not worried about the weight and already have everything else steel as well.

Looking forward to seeing it all in. Keep up the good work!

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #257
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Solid recent purchase list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgood_73 View Post
Wow... this looks just like my phase 2 build sheet, haha.... you'll love everything on your list. Also, before I went with the GenRight gas tank full replacement, I was looking at the Saavy skid plate. It's slightly better than the Rokmen only because you can get an additional 1/4" due to the built in adjustability with the body lift. As far as the steel vs aluminum on the UCF UHC skids, go steel IMHO. Aluminum won't matter if your not worried about the weight and already have everything else steel as well.

Looking forward to seeing it all in. Keep up the good work!
Thanks guys, now I just need some warmer weather to install all these mods.

Not having a garage sure does suck
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #258
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Just bought me a lopro and daystar 1" body lift, prep'n for a UHC skid. Saved 25% on the lopro and 15% plus free shipping on the body lift
You only need the Lowpro trans mount if you are going for their Ultimate tummy tuck?

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #259
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
You only need the Lowpro trans mount if you are going for their Ultimate tummy tuck?
Yeah if Im going to spend the money to tuck I want it tucked. Lopro w/ 1" body lift and Ill get the ultra high clearance skid.
Unread 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #260
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I'm going more conventional (cheap). I dont really want to do a body lift, and I dont mind scrape'n my belly. What material you going with? I saw where someone recommended staying with the carbon steel.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 12-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #261
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Good ole Steel!!!

Parts are coming in but wont be making any progress until after Xmas.
Unread 12-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #262
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Straight BEEF-TASTIC!
imag0565.jpg  
Unread 12-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #263
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The following items have arrived:

Daystar 1" body lift
UCF Lopro
Currie Ultimate Steering
Front lower and upper CAs
Currie Antirock
Novak tcase shifter

Still waiting on my brown dog motor mount lift

Also recently purchased a 4 ton jack, hilift jack stands, makita drill set, rachet wrenches, and an ultra high clearance engine and tcase skid from UCF.

Now I need to get to work!
ucf-full-under-cover-skid-plate-system.jpg  
Unread 12-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #264
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Purchased a new pair of RC xflex rear lower CAs to have a full set of adj arms. Buddy I wheel with is coming over on January 7th to start the install of the body lift, mml, control arms, currie steering, antirock and hopefully the novak shifter. We'll see how much we get done. Till then have a happy new year everyone!
Unread 12-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #265
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, I'm going more conventional (cheap). I dont really want to do a body lift, and I dont mind scrape'n my belly. What material you going with? I saw where someone recommended staying with the carbon steel.
Placed my order today, but based on my discussion with UCF, I did end up buying the LoPro mount and went with the original extra clearance TC skid.

You planning on putting a winch on that bad boy? Gotta tell ya, once you get a winch, you start approaching Honey Badger wheelin' mode. Hehehe

Unread 12-30-2011, 06:56 AM   #266
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Placed my order today, but based on my discussion with UCF, I did end up buying the LoPro mount and went with the original extra clearance TC skid.

You planning on putting a winch on that bad boy? Gotta tell ya, once you get a winch, you start approaching Honey Badger wheelin' mode. Hehehe
Nice! Yeah def had to take advantage of the 25% off skids.

Did you get the engine skid as well or just the tcase? Steel or Aluminum? I went with the 1/4" steel

Ill get a winch eventually but when everyone else I wheel with has them its not a priority
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #267
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, I ordered the engine and transfer case skids in the thickest aluminum, but got an email today saying there are problems with the thicker aluminum cracking when formed so he has dropped that option for the time being. Going with the 1/4 aluminum instead.. Actually, I told himo wasn't in a hurry and would wait if he thought he could get the proper aluminum, but I'm not sure he considers that an option at this point.

Can't blame you for going to the skid first. That deal is to good to pass up. On my winch, I want to wire it up for in cab control next.

Unread 12-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #268
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I picked up a used rokmen gas tank skid today as well for $120 shipped
Unread 01-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #269
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Did a couple things on the Jeep today. Got around to installing my 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers and painting my currie Ultimate steering and lopro.
imag0581.jpg   imag0577.jpg   imag0579.jpg   imag0578.jpg  
Unread 01-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #270
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Before spacers pics..also relocated rear license plate between spare tire which you can see in the 4th pic
before.jpg   before2.jpg   imag0570.jpg   imag0571.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.