AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 163 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #2431
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

This is one of the worst problems to have. I know all too well about it. I ended up just buying the centramatic wheel balancers and that was the best thing I did. I wasn't able to drive 45 w/o shaking to pieces then I slapped those on and I can go 75 maybe even 80 if Caleb is leading.

g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #2432
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Can condensation build up overtime in the tire from repeated deflation and inflation with not very dry air (straight from a compressor not nitrogen or air run through an air dryer) and cause the beads to stick together?

This probably doesn't help you at all, but I used 8-10oz of airsoft BBs in my 37's prior to mounting them, no noticeable imbalance while at speed offroad
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #2433
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Are they wearing evenly? If so, I'd just switch em back!
No they needed to be rotated

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
On mine I do a static balance with tape weights. It takes A LOT of weight, 6 to 8 ounces but I've never had an issue doing it this way. I would first rule out that what you were feeling isn't just a temporary flat spot in the tire due to them sitting, and it being very cold in the morning.
Yeah the tire shop I took it to way back when wouldnt add that much weight. They said it needed about 8oz but wouldnt do it for liability reasons I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
My local discount tire will do bead locks but only if I call ahead so I get a fresh daily calibration first thing in the morning. Might be worth a try to stop by there and ask. Then schedule a balance with them. Need to vacuum all the beads out first.

I feel your pain, been there with my krawlers.
I might have to try something like this if it continues to act up. Not having a garage though sucks because its getting cold and I dont want to be dismounting beadlocks in 30* temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Somewhere back in time I had dynabeads in my front tires and it did much the same as you experience. It would shake so violently at times that the front would actually move up end down. First jack the front up slightly spin the tire with a jackstand near it to check it for runout and wobling on the rim. If all that is good get a proper tire balance
Are your 40s properly balanced by a shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-rocc View Post
This is one of the worst problems to have. I know all too well about it. I ended up just buying the centramatic wheel balancers and that was the best thing I did. I wasn't able to drive 45 w/o shaking to pieces then I slapped those on and I can go 75 maybe even 80 if Caleb is leading.
never looked into those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Can condensation build up overtime in the tire from repeated deflation and inflation with not very dry air (straight from a compressor not nitrogen or air run through an air dryer) and cause the beads to stick together?

This probably doesn't help you at all, but I used 8-10oz of airsoft BBs in my 37's prior to mounting them, no noticeable imbalance while at speed offroad
Thats my theory because when I first get it on the road the shakes appear and the longer I drive the jeep and go from slow speeds to higher speeds it then goes away or at least is less noticeable.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #2434
g-rocc

2006 LJ Wrangler 

They work great. Check out the below video. I tried everything from weights to air soft bb's and couldn't get nearly as well off as they did for me.

g-rocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #2435
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Those are pretty interesting!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #2436
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Luciano the shaking up front in a TJ is related to the steering setup.
On my big Jeep I can run what ever tire I like unbalanced find a down hill hit 80 mph and no shakes.
The thing has had some good tires on it as well as several sets of old rags hasn't had a shimmy or shake yet. Got to love true hi steer and hydro assist. Here is a thought to further narrow it down. Swap one front tire at the time to the back see if you can isolate it to one tire.
Goodyear produced a bad batch of 35 and 37" MTR's that are about impossible to balance, you could have one of those. Got a tire waranty?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #2437
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I think I have 5 tires from the bad batch.

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #2438
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Another thought of mine is that the rim is not centered in the tire properly when I mounted them? :

That's a normal problem with weld on beadlocks but yours should be like mine and have a lip that centers the tire on the wheel until its locked down.
Also what you are describing with it coming and going and sometimes being able to have no vibes. Makes it more confusing and difficult to pin point the cause.

What psi are you at and is it the normal psi for the tire rating?
Meaning are your tires D rate or E rate.
When I ran radials and airsoft pellets I had DW issues unless the tires where at 45 psi+. They were D rate with a max cold psi of 50.

Hope that helps.
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #2439
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Which is why I told you to jack it up move a jackstand just about against the tire thread and spin the tire it will show tire run out and wobble. When I had dynabeads one thing that helped as odd as it sounds they worked best with a big wheel weight on the inside lip of the wheel. Don't know why but that helped dynamic balance, which when off is what causes the shimmy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #2440
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

For now Im just going to put the tires back where they were. Temps outside are dropping and I dont have time to be playing Sherlock Holmes.

It has to be the beads though if sometimes it shakes like crazy and other times its fine.
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #2441
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

anyone know where I can get a wiring pigtail for a 98 hardtop to plug into an 05 jeep for the wipers and defrost. Only one I've found is $100, wasnt sure if there were any less expensive.
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #2442
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ
anyone know where I can get a wiring pigtail for a 98 hardtop to plug into an 05 jeep for the wipers and defrost. Only one I've found is $100, wasnt sure if there were any less expensive.
I have the body side plug, you could wiring it into your 05 harness.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #2443
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
I have the body side plug, you could wiring it into your 05 harness.
Shoot me a pic when you have a second. Is it from a 97-02?
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #2444
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ
Shoot me a pic when you have a second. Is it from a 97-02?
Yeah, cut it out of mine when I cleaned up the harness.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #2445
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Yeah, cut it out of mine when I cleaned up the harness.
perfect...shoot me a PM with your paypal info and what you want for it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.