AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 162 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #2416
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ
I would be all over that if I had the caps.

Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #2417
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Where'd that come from!?
purchased it few months back. Fixed it up a bit and now its for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowilber View Post
Epic, all you can say
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I would be all over that if I had the caps.
trade?
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #2418
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am running air soft bb's and have no vibes at lower psi's. But I am not running radials either.
When I was running radials I had lots of issues with lower psi's.
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #2419
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStephens2 View Post
I am running air soft bb's and have no vibes at lower psi's. But I am not running radials either.
When I was running radials I had lots of issues with lower psi's.
Do you drive yours on the street anymore?
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #2420
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yup I can run it on th highway with no vibes.

Right now it seeing a fair amount of road time. Hopefully this will change soon.
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #2421
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wasnt really satisfied with the fitment of the hard upper doors or the fact my YJ top had no rear defroster or wiper so both are for sale if anyone is interested.

Buying a TJ hardtop tomorrow and maybe some full doors over the weekend
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #2422
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I need input on how to get my tires balanced properly. I took my jeep to work today and got a bad shake again around 40 which eventually went away as I got up in speed but Im convinced the dynabeads dont work.

What do the rest of you out there use? Metal BBs? How much did you use per tire?
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #2423
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My bet from personal experience is you have a lateral imbalance which the beads are not going to fix.

Breaking the wheel and tire combo down and spinning the tire 180* may help if you can isolate which tire is causing the issue.

As for how much weight I would use the db's chart or the equal chart.

Again I am running airsoft pellets and have 8 oz's in each 36" tire.

Why didn't you just have these tires road force balanced?
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #2424
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Ok I need input on how to get my tires balanced properly. I took my jeep to work today and got a bad shake again around 40 which eventually went away as I got up in speed but Im convinced the dynabeads dont work.

What do the rest of you out there use? Metal BBs? How much did you use per tire?
Road force balancing.

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #2425
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

When originally mounting the beadlocks on the tires they were so far imbalanced that I broke them back down and made sure to evenly torque the bolts in a criss-cross pattern so the exterior ring was as even as possible across the front lip of the tire. As I mentioned two I was able to get balanced with a small amount of sticky weights and the others are just so far off I went with the dynabeads.

Another thought of mine is that the rim is not centered in the tire properly when I mounted them? Its just weird how sometimes its a crazy shake and other times I can get up to 70 no problem. Also this shaking has only started now that I moved the dynabead tires in front and the sticky weight 2 in the rear.

I never road force balanced because there are very few places around here that do that and several wont even touch a 35" tire with beadlocks.
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #2426
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Also this shaking has only started now that I moved the dynabead tires in front and the sticky weight 2 in the rear
Are they wearing evenly? If so, I'd just switch em back!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #2427
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

On mine I do a static balance with tape weights. It takes A LOT of weight, 6 to 8 ounces but I've never had an issue doing it this way. I would first rule out that what you were feeling isn't just a temporary flat spot in the tire due to them sitting, and it being very cold in the morning.
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #2428
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
When originally mounting the beadlocks on the tires they were so far imbalanced that I broke them back down and made sure to evenly torque the bolts in a criss-cross pattern so the exterior ring was as even as possible across the front lip of the tire. As I mentioned two I was able to get balanced with a small amount of sticky weights and the others are just so far off I went with the dynabeads.

Another thought of mine is that the rim is not centered in the tire properly when I mounted them? Its just weird how sometimes its a crazy shake and other times I can get up to 70 no problem. Also this shaking has only started now that I moved the dynabead tires in front and the sticky weight 2 in the rear.

I never road force balanced because there are very few places around here that do that and several wont even touch a 35" tire with beadlocks.
That makes sense really..... each and every time you come to a stop the bead will need to redistribute to the proper area, I could see you getting a temp vibe until that happens.... and you feel an imbalance in the front MUCH more than the rear. A lot of times at work to save time for the customer we only rebalance the ones going to the front during a rotation and very rarely get any negative feedback doing so.
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #2429
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

My local discount tire will do bead locks but only if I call ahead so I get a fresh daily calibration first thing in the morning. Might be worth a try to stop by there and ask. Then schedule a balance with them. Need to vacuum all the beads out first.

I feel your pain, been there with my krawlers.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #2430
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Somewhere back in time I had dynabeads in my front tires and it did much the same as you experience. It would shake so violently at times that the front would actually move up end down. First jack the front up slightly spin the tire with a jackstand near it to check it for runout and wobling on the rim. If all that is good get a proper tire balance

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.