Originally Posted by Bedwell
1) Since the fuel filler hose at the minimum needs to be replaced I figured I might as well do a stretch tank and new rear suspension setup.
2) How much additional clearance did it provide over stock / Savvy?
3) Any check engine / fuel gauge or starting issues?
4) Worth the price?
5)How much of a stretch were you able to get?
that doesnt make any sense
2) it really doesnt provide much if any additional clearance over savvy, its simply designed to provide more room for the axle to move backwards.
3) no check engine light / fuel gauge at first wasn't functioning but to resolve that after swapping the fuel pump you just turn the key on right before starting the jeep and let the pump run a few moments before starting and it was fine. Also if I run it to almost empty then refill I would let the pump run a second or two before starting as well. No starting issues
4) It is a very well manufactured tank and it gets the job done but hard to say its worth the price. Its crazy expensive.
5) my perticular tank allowed a 5" rear stretch
one piece of advice if you do decide to stretch and redo your rear suspension is save a lot of money, make a budget...then double it because you will spend so much on little things like bolts that add up