AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 12-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #211
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Might have mine confused with someone elses. From the start I wanted to avoid a TC drop and not make my ground clearance even worse so when my lift was in I immediately got a new quigley driveshaft. Ive never had any vibes just a little rubbing of the rear trackbar on my gas tank skid.

Ive never actually looked under your Jeep Kev but you have a tc drop in? Are you still using the stock driveshaft?

AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #212
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We put the TC drop in with the lift and I ran the stock driveshaft for awhile. Then I ordered the Quigley DS. Not sure if you remember, but I posted awhile back how I went about getting the first Quigley Rubicon DS (at least the first for a Rubi with the larger pilot pin in the flange). I think I have a pic in my build thread that shows that I only have about an inch of slip joint showing when the Rubi is sitting at normal stance.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #213
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
We put the TC drop in with the lift and I ran the stock driveshaft for awhile. Then I ordered the Quigley DS. Not sure if you remember, but I posted awhile back how I went about getting the first Quigley Rubicon DS (at least the first for a Rubi with the larger pilot pin in the flange). I think I have a pic in my build thread that shows that I only have about an inch of slip joint showing when the Rubi is sitting at normal stance.
If you have the double cardan shaft and adjustable uppers you should be fine removing your TC drop and adjusting your pinion angle. The main reason for a double cardan drivshaft is to avoid lowering the TC.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #214
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Selling my rocker panels if anyone is interested
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/.../#post12643704
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:09 AM   #215
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

man. u just put these on... what's shakin, bacon?
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #216
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah looking to get the TNT rockers for Xmas or potentially free if I win the giveaway

Was thinking in the future of when I eventually get corner armor I want a rocker that covers all the way up to the door opening and butts up evenly to the corners
Unread 12-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #217
kashoggio

Yeah just saw the post in the for sale section... Honestly I never even realized those rockers went that low on the body

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #218
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah me neither...So figured Id get the TNT's before I even bother installing the passenger side.
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #219
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

To be honest, I didn't even notice that you only had one side installed at RC
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #220
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yup...it looked stupid as hell
Unread 12-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #221
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Minor updates to report. Nothing crazy going on right now just stock piling some parts until after the new years when Ill be making some big upgrades.

Items recently purchased:
-set of 4 Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers from another forum member for $65
-2 quarts of Chassis Saver for the price of 1
-Used clayton engine skid plate with all hardware for $192

Also my new passenger front Zone shock came in the mail. Warranty covered the leaking one I have on there now.
Lastly I sold my Currie Rock Ribz and will be buying some TNT rockers, hopefully they have some sort of Xmas sale.
Unread 12-13-2011, 07:33 AM   #222
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Why the wheel spacers? You changing your wheels/tires? You're on 16" Moabs with 33s right now arent you?

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
Unread 12-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #223
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

It was a real good deal and my front tires rub on the control arms at full turn
Unread 12-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #224
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Damn was hoping to take them moabs off your hands looking to put a set on her zj
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #225
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
It was a real good deal and my front tires rub on the control arms at full turn
So do mine. I put like 4 washers behind the steering stops but still get a bit of rub. I might have to consider some spacers instead, but I worry about the cops giving me a hard time when my tires stick out to far from under the flares.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.