AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #196
whitejeep881
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Trip looked like fun.

whitejeep881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #197
kashoggio

Nice pics maybe one day I will finally make it out there

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #198
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looked great this weekend and performed very well

Had a good time wheeling with you. I'll try and get my pics and vids uploaded tomorrow. I've been real busy at school the past 2 days
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #199
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgood_73 View Post
Awesome build thread man and great clean looking jeep... I just read all through it.

One thing is for sure... you can paint a hell of a lot better than me... I get too impatient and end up with paint runs.

Too bad you didn't catch me sooner.... I could've sent you a LOT more stuff with those bumpers.... such as the riddler diffs, beadlocks, currie HD steering, etc.

Anyway, I'll follow your build.... later man.
Thanks man, and thanks again for the bumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejeep881 View Post
Trip looked like fun.
Yeah man we had a great time you'll have to come out with us next spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
Nice pics maybe one day I will finally make it out there
Next spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Jeep looked great this weekend and performed very well

Had a good time wheeling with you. I'll try and get my pics and vids uploaded tomorrow. I've been real busy at school the past 2 days
Yeah man I had a great time, will def do it again next spring
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #200
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
I need some schooling and advice Ed. Ok so Im "considering" trussing my axles and beefing up my control arms so my questions are as follows:

1) Should I just truss both front and rear, run short arms on stock brackets and call it a day?

1a) Which truss should I use, TNT, clayton, ???

2) Should I 4link the rear?

2a) If I do 4link the rear whats your opinion on claytons rear long arm 4link
http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/139

or should I just http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/355

Need your opinion and knowledge to help decide
Hey Dude.
TNT truss - I like them. As far as I know, Clayton only has a bridge for the front, not really a truss. The stock rear housing is pretty stout, not unbendable, but it will hold up to some abuse. Think it will hold 35s without trussing. The front has thin .250 wall tubes. Not any better than a dana 30 with the exception of the larger ring gear. I would truss that first.

I liked your plan that you had posted up here on your build as far as mods... is that plan still on track?

As far as arms - if what you have is working now, why upgrade to shorties at this point if you are thinking about a 3 & 4 link? I don't think you've reached the limits of your current setup only two times out. Unless you are having vibe/drive issues, stash the money you would spend on shorties and buck up for the Clayton setup.

If you go with the Clayton 3 link, and a TNT truss, we'd have to weld a upper link mount to the tnt truss. You would not want to get the upper mounts unless you plan on getting the 3 link at a later date. Oh yeah, another option is Synergy Suspension from Poly Performance.

One thing to remember is set the limit for how far you are willing to take it. If the sky is the limit, then have at it, but don't do what I did and end up with three different suspensions. Decide how far you want to go, do it right, one time. I wish I had. Just remember, everytime you do one thing, it creates a need, want, or problem elsewhere!
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #201
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I think would stay away from the TNT truss. Check out Hendrix build he lot of trouble with his and didnt like it at all.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #202
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Check out Undercover Fabworks for some sweet new trusses also.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #203
Whitford
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Great build thread and a very nice, clean Jeep. Thanks, I enjoyed it!
Whitford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 03:14 AM   #204
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
I think would stay away from the TNT truss. Check out Hendrix build he lot of trouble with his and didnt like it at all.
Well, duh, that's cuz you have to weld it on, not bolt it on!

UCF does have nice trusses and other nice stuff, remind me a lot of BTF, but I don't think they have anything for the front 44 yet.

Lu, what bracketry are you using if you do the LA?
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #205
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krashnpa View Post
Well, duh, that's cuz you have to weld it on, not bolt it on!
IIRC John's issue with the TNT truss had to do with cold, poor quality welds done by TNT. The truss separated at the upper link mounts. Nothing wrong with the design of the TNT truss but the welds sucked.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #206
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
IIRC John's issue with the TNT truss had to do with cold, poor quality welds done by TNT. The truss separated at the upper link mounts. Nothing wrong with the design of the TNT truss but the welds sucked.
Yeah, I appreciate a good weld, especially when it's holds my front suspension together. I did check the welds (habit) before I welded it to the tubes, I was more worried about what I was laying down. Then again, the uglier she is, the tighter she is. The hardest part to suck up was the shipping from MT.

I would have gone with TNT again, but the BTF/Clayton HC bracket combo gives more options for the ram and a better spot on the trackbar.
Unread 12-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #207
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Checking in quickly from Aruba here and Ive had some relaxing time to think about what I want to do with my build but it creates many questions. My thought process right now is the following:
-TNT truss with stock mounts for the front axle and run currie jj arms upfront.
-Then (still have plenty of research to do on the clayton 4link rear longarm upgrade) but do the clayton 4 link with their truss in the rear.
-Do a 1-1.25in body lift not sure which would be better w/ motor mount lift
-pull out and sell the 4in zone coils and replace with 3" currie coils (brings up the issue of driveshaft. Its a brand new driveshaft and I dont know enough about the rear clayton to know if I can still run the same lenth driveshaft im running now??? INPUT NEEDED)
-Lastly once the body lift has been completed run either a UCF or Rokmen high clearance tcase, engine, and gas tank skid.

Opinions and suggestions please!
Unread 12-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #208
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Put about $1300 cash aside in a bank account for if/when you toast your front locker. And, hope that you got a great buddy close by like Krash that can help and guide you through the install.

If your wheelin and not breakin stuff, you aint Honeybadger wheelin.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #209
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

EDIT***

REDecided on the following once the new year comes around:

-Clayton longarm upgrade kit w/ 4link rear truss
-.5" Rokmen body lift
-1" brown dog mml
-UCF lowpro mount
-Clayton Tcase/engine heavy duty skid
-Rokmen Gas tank Skid
-Currie ultimate steering with Savvy tie rod
-Currie Antirock

Cant Wait
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #210
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was just reading through your build thread again, and I was wondering if you are still having vibe problems, or did they go away? You said that you eliminated your TC drop right? Did you do that as you were installing the new driveshaft? In other words, did you measure for the driveshaft while the TC drop was still in place? I ask because in that one photo of the driveshaft, you appear to have about an inch or more of slip joint showing than I do on mine. Not that I would nessecarily worry about it, but how does that slip joint look at full droop? I thought I had some vibes, but they seem to have gone away when I put on the new tires. I would like to remove my TC drop as well, but wondering now if I am going to cause problems by doing so?

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.