AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AngryTJs Taranchula Rubicon Build

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Unread 11-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #151
TeddyTurmoil
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Retorq'd the entire suspension and found out my front passenger side shock is leaking so Ill def be calling Zone for a replacement. Also painted the Riddler Covers and fully mounted the driver side rocker panel. (before and after pics)
Ridlers are a nice color can't wait to see what they look like on

www.arctic-air.co.uk
TeddyTurmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #152
kashoggio

Nice look with the Armos.. Should of picked up a set when they were on sale so the wife would stop harassing me about how much of a pain it is to get in and out.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #153
REDNWHITE

Did the rubber gasket come with the slidders or did you have to order them separately?
REDNWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #154
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I took the gasket off the Rubicon diamond plate Rockers and kept those knowing I would need them. I believe Rokmen has them for sale though.
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #155
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got the front Diff cover installed and fluids changed. Ran out of daylight to do the rear I had a bunch of other crap to do. Might change out the rear tonight after work if its not cold as balls out.
img_1110.jpg   img_1111.jpg   img_1112.jpg   img_1114.jpg   img_1115.jpg  

Unread 11-14-2011, 06:14 AM   #156
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

In other news my serpentine belt squeaks like crazy in the mornings, I sprayed a whole mess of belt dressing and it didn't seem to help much. The belt itself looks fine and has proper tension so not sure if I should just change it out anyway.
Unread 11-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #157
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Purdy!
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #158
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

When you do the sliders on the other side, is there any chance to can slip them in place WITH the gaskets on and mark your holes? If so, that would prob save you a ton of work. Also, you may have to think about going backing and getting someone to weld those other holes up (the ones that didnt match up correctly). Just a thought.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #159
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyTurmoil View Post
Ridlers are a nice color can't wait to see what they look like on
Thank you, take a look at my most recent pics and let me know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
Nice look with the Armos.. Should of picked up a set when they were on sale so the wife would stop harassing me about how much of a pain it is to get in and out.
Yeah I got a really good deal on mine off of poison spyders website. Check it out it would be under "currie closeout sale" on the lefthand column if they have any left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
When you do the sliders on the other side, is there any chance to can slip them in place WITH the gaskets on and mark your holes? If so, that would prob save you a ton of work. Also, you may have to think about going backing and getting someone to weld those other holes up (the ones that didnt match up correctly). Just a thought.
I will definitely be gluein the gasket to the slider first hand this go around.
Unread 11-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #160
krashnpa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

When I did mine (on the TJ), I jack it up against the body, center punched it, then dropped it, drilled, did the inserts, cleaned the paint, test fitted, RTV'd the back of the slider, jacked it up in place, aligned, then screwed that thing to the tub. I forget how they mounted under the tub, think to the body mounts. Ran a bead of RTV along the top, smoothed with a spoon, and forgot they were there. I didn't have gaskets on the backside, but that would have been a good idea.

Anyway, along with what Kev said, RTV the holes with some black RTV and you'll be golden.
krashnpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #161
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

one of many issues is that these sliders have tubes in which dont allow you to center punch the holes because they are in the way. Instead I marked em with whiteout dropped the rockers, drilled, did the inserts and when they didnt align perfectly had to drill the hole on the rocker larger to make it align.

its time consuming and a pain in the ***!

In other news I finially purchased some of my own tools. Sears is having a great online sale I took advantage of today and got a massive craftsman tool set
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #162
TeddyTurmoil
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Riddler cover looks great on the front now!! Just got my ARB diff covers in red, arrived to day but no time to fit them.

Did you add the special lubricant to the diff oil or is that just for LSDs and not Rubicon diffs ?

www.arctic-air.co.uk
TeddyTurmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #163
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyTurmoil View Post
Riddler cover looks great on the front now!! Just got my ARB diff covers in red, arrived to day but no time to fit them.

Did you add the special lubricant to the diff oil or is that just for LSDs and not Rubicon diffs ?
I used Mobil 1 75w140 synthetic nothing else
Unread 11-15-2011, 02:05 AM   #164
misfitJason

well done
misfitJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #165
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitJason View Post
well done
Thanks, its coming along slowly

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.