Anger Management: A 5.9 ZJ dedicated for abuse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Anger Management: A 5.9 ZJ dedicated for abuse

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread Yesterday, 01:17 PM   #1
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anger Management: A 5.9 ZJ dedicated for abuse

Here she is. She's ugly, been neglected and abused. It has a funny vibration at around 30, there's serious clunking somewhere underneath, it's been keyed.

Perfect for a dedicated trail rig.

What's the plan this time?

I would really like to show some restraint and do 35's and long arms. Problem is, ZJ's are heavier than TJ's, and the 5.9 puts down some pretty good torque. Meaning, a D30, even a polished one, wouldn't survive the new driving style I want to use with this Jeep. An HP44 may be ok, except the U-Joint is the same as the 30, and any upgrade there is uber expensive.

I would really love a set of JK44's, but people around here usually ask as much for them as a set of RJ 60's. A fab 9 would be great, but again way too expensive.

For the money, a 2005-2010 Ford HP60 looks nice. 35 spline inners and outers stock, 3.75" 1/2" tubes, massive beef knuckles, brakes, unit bearings, the whole 9. Except for a ring and pinon and a locker I could run the axle stock. Drawbacks? Massive weight. Massive size (packaging). Lower hanging, so 37" tire +

The budget on this one is going to be as tight as I can get it while spending money where it makes sense.

In the meantime, I'm going to hope a set of JK44's drop out of the sky. 8)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.