Almost Bolt-on: LJ Restoration - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Almost Bolt-on: LJ Restoration

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #16
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nothing major ?
My thoughts exactly

TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #17
Bong_Holyeo
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
Thanks guys !

I'm recovering at a good pace. I only have my lift hand to work with at the moment so it will be tricky.

The biggest question right now is the hardtop. This will almost decide everything else from roll cage, suspension design, to tire carrier and storage options.

So it is a Gr8top XTop half cab:

Vs.

Wildboar fastback

(Photoshopped)

So, what do you guys think ?

With out a doubt go with the Gr8top XTop half cab!!!
Bong_Holyeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

gr8top. Sorry to her about your accident. I have some of the same back injuries as you. Not as bad, but they are awful none the less. I hope your recovery is faster than mine has been.
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Nothing major ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
My thoughts exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
gr8top. Sorry to her about your accident. I have some of the same back injuries as you. Not as bad, but they are awful none the less. I hope your recovery is faster than mine has been.
Thanks for all the support guys.

It really does sound worse than it really is. Yeah, I have lots of broken bones but thankfully my spinal cord wasn't damaged. Also, my skull wasn't cracked, which shows how hardheaded I am !

It will take couple of years to fully recover. But hopefully it will be a 100% recovery.
Unread 04-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #20
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is just a quick update.

I need a "car repair permission" document to start the restoration work. I will hopefully be able to get that by tomorrow.

It rained heavily yesterday. I can only imagine the state of the interior..

Regarding the hardtops, I contacted both companies for shipping quotes and here is what I got in replay:

- Wild-boar: "Yes, we ship internationally by container freight, eta is 3 months from order date, cost of top is $*,***.**, shipping can run up to $***.**"

- Gr8top: "We do not ship outside the Continental U.S. If you can make arrangements with a Broker in your Country we will prep and ship the order using your Shipper."

I'm currently waiting for more details from gr8top to be able to contact a broker for shipping quotes.

So far, the half top seems to be the more troublesome route. But I believe that it can be shipped faster as it can go through air freight services because of it's size.
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #21
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oalali,

I met a guy in Sharjha the other day that imports from USA he brings in Jeeps and other vehicles. He may be worth talking to on shipping a top with his next batch of cars he brings over. He was from Jordan, Abed was his name he also has US passport and lived there for some time. When I get home i will send you his details. He also does panel work and specializes on Jeep. He had 4 TJ and about 4 JK in there.
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #22
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

image-3315154157.jpg. Here you go
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #23
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Attachment 612494. Here you go
Thanks man !

I might also ask him to bring me couple of Dana 60s !
Unread 04-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #24
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Or at the least a Rubi Transfer case and a couple of Rubi 44's locked. Is what I was thinking..
Unread 04-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #25
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Or at the least a Rubi Transfer case and a couple of Rubi 44's locked. Is what I was thinking..
I already have rubi axle. I might upgrade it to dana 60.

For transfer case I might go with atlas instead ..
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah that was your original RB plan..
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #27
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah that was your original RB plan..

Well, I'm not sure that the stock transfer case will handle v8 power with large tires. So, upgrading to something stronger might be a good idea at the moment.

Cost off course dictates everything. I need to calculate how much the fix + Hemi conversion will cost. Then I can only see if I have enough budget for anything else.
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #28
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Did you ever fix the gremlins in Rb's engine running problems, did that new gauge work out?
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #29
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did you ever fix the gremlins in Rb's engine running problems, did that new gauge work out?
I didn't have time to do so. RB is going to be scraped for now.

I don't know what I will do with the engine. The stroker is great, the computer on RB is just not compatible. Hopefully, if RB got resurrected then It will receive a Chevy V8 engine instead.
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #30
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just a quick update:

Finally, I got the required documentation sorted. I can know start the repair woke !

No update from gr8top yet. Are they in vacation ?

Tags
2006 , lj , rollover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.