Allgood_73's Build - 2004 Jeep Rubicon - Page 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Allgood_73's Build - 2004 Jeep Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 06-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #511
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ

This whole TJ is a one off deal made by EOR. You can't just go buy his setup. Did you read the build at all?
Spam?

Unread 06-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #512
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Allgood did lol, done bought it from the place that built it
If they can built one, they can built two lol
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #513
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentothejamin View Post
What kind of lift did you put on it? I am rebuilding a 1981 cj5 and I am trying to get all the ideas for it I can.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1537911/
A ways back this started out with a 4 link Clayton Long Arm Lift kit which is about a 4" lift. I absolutely loved the kit, Clayton builds great stuff. It is all weld on versus some of the bolt on lift products.

That being said, a WHOLE lot has been done to it since then and the Clayton lift kept getting heavily modified (new rear truss, longer arms for the stretch, removed their radius arms to do a true triangulated 4 link, etc.) and now is no longer there at all.

What lift you get depends on how extreme you want to go. Give me some ideas of what type of wheeling you want to do and how much money you're willing to spend (not really a dollar amount, but more of "a little budget", "a typical budget", "what's a budget?") and I can point you to a few lift kits you may way to check out.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #514
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Spam?
How would my post be spam?

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #515
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
How would my post be spam?
He was meaning the other guy's post might be spam, not yours.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Unread 06-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #516
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It just seemed Asking what lift to put on being his "lift" is entirely custom. Was spam but the thread turned out legit

Cheers
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #517
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So your the only one I've actually seen running stretch Metalcloak corners. Are there any provisions or good ways to mount a fuel filler neck in a stockish location or say where the stock license plate location is. I've had cloaks for some time now and I am in processes planning my stretch in the next round of upgrades. I want to run a Genright tank so I don't have to run a fuel cell in the back but I havnt seen any application of this sort with their stretch corners. Any good insight or your opinion since your runnin em. Check my build thread or Ober_Time on IG for details on my current setup if you want
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #518
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toberste View Post
So your the only one I've actually seen running stretch Metalcloak corners. Are there any provisions or good ways to mount a fuel filler neck in a stockish location or say where the stock license plate location is. I've had cloaks for some time now and I am in processes planning my stretch in the next round of upgrades. I want to run a Genright tank so I don't have to run a fuel cell in the back but I havnt seen any application of this sort with their stretch corners. Any good insight or your opinion since your runnin em. Check my build thread or Ober_Time on IG for details on my current setup if you want
You may have missed it on the long build thread write up... however, I originally did exactly what you're referring to. Before I decided to go the fuel cell route, I actually installed the GenRight Alien Crawler Tank and drilled out a 4.5" (or 5.5") hole in the rear below the driver brake light using a hole saw. This allowed for the axle to be pushed back and still have lots of room, kept the tank in the stock location, and still looked very clean.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Here are some pics:

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Unread 09-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #519
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgood_73 View Post
You may have missed it on the long build thread write up... however, I originally did exactly what you're referring to. Before I decided to go the fuel cell route, I actually installed the GenRight Alien Crawler Tank and drilled out a 4.5" (or 5.5") hole in the rear below the driver brake light using a hole saw. This allowed for the axle to be pushed back and still have lots of room, kept the tank in the stock location, and still looked very clean.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any more questions.

Here are some pics:
Looks good, thats exactly how I want to handle mine. Thanks for the pics!
toberste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #520
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toberste View Post
Looks good, thats exactly how I want to handle mine. Thanks for the pics!
If you'd like to check out what I did with my Cloaks and stretch please check out my build. I'm also planning to use the Alien tank and appreciate those photos! It's hard to find any photos of those tanks out in the wild!
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #521
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Last time I was wheeling at Dixie Run, I busted the welds on the lower control arm bung and it caused the whole arm to fail... thus pivoting the axle pinion straight up to the sky.

Additions / Removals:
- Added 7075 Aluminum lower links from Wide Open Design.
- Replaced the flange / u-joint on the rear driveshaft which cracked when the axle pivoted.
- Added Savvy rear tailgate armor and some led license plate lights.
- Removed the JL Audio sub and amp from the rear along with the Alpine headunit.
- Added a bluetooth Alpine headunit and wired it directly to two front Kicker speakers.

Three known issues with jeep:
1) Driver front axle seal is bad and leaking fluid.
2) The front coilover hoops need to be redone... as the mounts for the c/o were welded to the side of the hoop which is putting a lot of strain on them. The hoops need to be raised and the mounts placed downward so that the forces are directed straight into the hoop itself.
3) The rear axle tubes seem to be slightly bent, as I think each tire slightly leans inward. So at some point, I will have the axle re-tubed with much thicker and stronger tubing.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Unread 11-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #522
aw12345
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lil rough on the Jeep are you?
Unread 11-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #523
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Lil rough on the Jeep are you?

Kind of what I was thinking.

Makes me worried about the axles now, especially on my heavier rig. Hopefully going for an end-to-end type truss will help the issue.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #524
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I'm definitely not going easy on her... in fact, I'm starting to push it to the point where I know I'm going to be rolling soon... but at least I'll know her limits then.

I was surprised that the tubes bent, but when I talked to Wide Open Designs, they said that a good 60% of the wheelers out there are bent and people don't even realize it..... it's extremely common. I'm guessing it was a combination of the following that caused it:
1) When I strap the jeep onto the trailer, I wrap a chain around each end of both axles and ratchet them down. I can see this causing a lot of strain on the tubes. I'm thinking of welding anchor points onto my frame instead.
2) The truss wasn't as heavy duty as I hoped it would be.... it really needs to be full end to end with lots of gussets the entire way.
3) I have been REALLY hard on it, especially when doing ECORS. It has seen lots of jumps, 5' free falls, hard rock hits, etc.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Unread 11-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #525
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My bet is that truss. Seems there are some bends and it's width is on the shorter side

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.