Allgood_73's Build - 2004 Jeep Rubicon - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Allgood_73's Build - 2004 Jeep Rubicon

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 12-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #31
NMLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I was being a lil sarcastic. Lol

NMLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #32
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ehh, I like it... saves people who just wanna see the build and not all the crap in between.

Just ordered my mml from Brown Dog ... cant wait to get them!

When I get home on in a few days I'll order the Clayton lift, tummy tuck, Currie anti-rock, Currectlync Steering System, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, and a couple other skids. I'm not sure when I'll pick up the 35's... but probably sometime next week.

Can't believe how fast it's coming along now. Things have really started to take off.
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #33
NMLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgood_73 View Post
Ehh, I like it... saves people who just wanna see the build and not all the crap in between.

Just ordered my mml from Brown Dog ... cant wait to get them!

When I get home on in a few days I'll order the Clayton lift, tummy tuck, Currie anti-rock, Currectlync Steering System, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, and a couple other skids. I'm not sure when I'll pick up the 35's... but probably sometime next week.

Can't believe how fast it's coming along now. Things have really started to take off.
You honestly do have a nice jeep and build going.

I do have a question though. If someone had posted in the middle of you "reserving" your posts, would you have asked them to delete it?

-2006 Impact Orange LJ-

THE HARDEST THING ABOUT A ZOMBIE OUTBREAK WOULD BE PRENTENDING NOT TO BE EXCITED
NMLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #34
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMLJ View Post
You honestly do have a nice jeep and build going.

I do have a question though. If someone had posted in the middle of you "reserving" your posts, would you have asked them to delete it?
haha, it's funny you should say that.... I was pretty nervous someone would shoot a quick reply in between and say something like "Gotcha!". My buddy (01LimitedXJ) was over at the house when I was putting them in and he almost pulled out his phone and did just that.

Cheers man, I'll post pics when all the goods arrive
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #35
01LimitedXJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
haha, it's funny you should say that.... I was pretty nervous someone would shoot a quick reply in between and say something like "Gotcha!". My buddy (01LimitedXJ) was over at the house when I was putting them in and he almost pulled out his phone and did just that.

Cheers man, I'll post pics when all the goods arrive
hahaha i was trying to i couldnt get a signal...dang tmobile.

sweet deal on the MML, ill hit up glenn about borrowing the cherry picker. ive got to pic up some more hd jackstands...or make some more tall ones...i want to pull the front axle on mine this weekend...also pulling the rear once i make an axle cart. guess who gets to help carry the 14 bolt
Unread 12-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #36
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01LimitedXJ View Post
guess who gets to help carry the 14 bolt
...please no.
Unread 12-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #37
ItsaFinRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

glad there's another rubi build on here... keep up the good work
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #38
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So far, so good.
Unread 12-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #39
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alright guys, I need your help:

I'm looking to do the Clayton Long Arm lift with their oil and transmission skid plates and I really like how I will not have to cut the skid plates in order to get the long arm kit to work. I also really like how it's two pieces and makes maintenance easier.

That being said, I could go with UnderCoverFab and get the tummy tuck for close to half the cost and with pre-cut holes for drainage and the oil.... but my biggest concern is the UCF skid shows to increase clearance by 2.5" while Clayton only shows a 1.5" clearance gain.

Are the numbers really the same? I'm thinking Clayton might be stating the height from JUST the skid plates, whereas UnderCoverFab might be stating the height of the skid plates + 1" body lift.
Unread 12-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #40
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I checked with UCF and they confirmed that the 2.5" clearance is not including any body lift. The stock skid hangs down 4.5" while their skid hangs down 2".

That being said....I need help deciding. Both of these are the 1/4" steel... not aluminum... that way I can compare "apples to apples":

Under Cover Fab = $507.84 Shipped
http://undercoverfab.com/56-322-thic...kid-plate-.jpg

Pros:
Much Cheaper
Pre-drilled drainage holes
Pre-drilled oval oil drainage hole
2.5" of additional clearance

Cons:
Holes cause it to be slightly weaker and possibly get hung up on rocks.
The engine skid brackets look weaker than that of Clayton's.

Clayton Offroad = $736.25 Shipped
http://claytonoffroad.com/images/SP-TJCB.jpg
http://claytonoffroad.com/images/SP-TJ-1.jpg

Pros:
Main skid plate is a 2 piece design with cradle which holds the transmission without the skid plate being on.
No holes makes the skid slightly stronger.
Appears to be a more "solid" skid plate system... such as the rear skid brackets.

Cons:
Much more expensive
Must remove engine skid each time I need to do a oil change.
Lack of drainage holes allow water / mud to sit on top of the skid and form rust.
1.5" of additional clearance. 1" less clearance than the UCF skid.
Unread 12-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #41
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I think my mind is now made up. Matt @ UCF just called me and we had a great chat. I am actually going to go with Ultra High-Clearance skid plate system and then use a LoPro transmission mount. This will give me a total of 3.5" of additional clearance.

Matt also told me that I'll most likely have to two notches out of the back of the skid plate in order to fit the Clayton long arm brackets. He said that when you do this, it makes the skid plate 33% weaker than the normal state... therefore, just mount the skid up, drill an initial hole through the skid and frame, then pull down the skid, drill out the frame hole to what is needed to fit a Jeep OEM rivet nut, and then the plate is back to full strength.

I think the pros now easily outweigh the cons.... so UCF, here I come!
Unread 12-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #42
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, over the last few days I went on a huge shopping spree to take my TJ in to "stage 2" of the build:

I bought Brown Dog mount mount lifts on the 23rd and even though it was over the holidays... I still got them on the 29th. After seeing them...WOW! Not only did Tim ship them fast over a holiday, but the packaging was top notch, and the mml itself looks to be impervious. This is only topped off by a great price, a jeepforum discount, and free shipping. Brown Dog is already highly recommended in my book.

Next, I went through Kolak here on JeepForum to order my Claytons Offroad 4" long-arm lift kit, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Currie Currect-Lync steering system, and Currie Anti-Rock swaybar system. To top off the deal, he threw in a OME SD40 steering stabilizer and RE rear extended swaybar endlinks since the Clayton kit does not come with rear extensions (for whatever reason). He was a pleasure to buy from, did his best to give me the best possible price, and was easily available over Christmas weekend. Should be here within the next couple weeks... to my surprise, Kolak said Clayton shutsdown the entire week after Christmas.

Lastly, I ordered the UCF 1/4" carbon steel full tummy tuck in the ultra high clearance (only hangs down 1 inch!) with the LoPro rubber transmission mount. I have already received the shipping notification from them... I couldn't believe their turn around time.

Between the lift, tires (not YET bought), and tummy tuck, I will have an impressive 9.5" of additional clearance between me and the ground. Now just to get it all installed... and then take it on a little wheelin trip!
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #43
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Updated my build to be in chronological order instead of different sections. It's much easier to see where I started at and where I am now.

I'll be adding some pics tonight and will try to update the spreadsheet too.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Unread 01-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #44
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Damn dude, You have been busy since I checked in last. If you need some help let me know. I have access to a welder.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #45
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Alright, over the last few days I went on a huge shopping spree to take my TJ in to "stage 2" of the build:

I bought Brown Dog mount mount lifts on the 23rd and even though it was over the holidays... I still got them on the 29th. After seeing them...WOW! Not only did Tim ship them fast over a holiday, but the packaging was top notch, and the mml itself looks to be impervious. This is only topped off by a great price, a jeepforum discount, and free shipping. Brown Dog is already highly recommended in my book.

Next, I went through Kolak here on JeepForum to order my Claytons Offroad 4" long-arm lift kit, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Currie Currect-Lync steering system, and Currie Anti-Rock swaybar system. To top off the deal, he threw in a OME SD40 steering stabilizer and RE rear extended swaybar endlinks since the Clayton kit does not come with rear extensions (for whatever reason). He was a pleasure to buy from, did his best to give me the best possible price, and was easily available over Christmas weekend. Should be here within the next couple weeks... to my surprise, Kolak said Clayton shutsdown the entire week after Christmas.

Lastly, I ordered the UCF 1/4" carbon steel full tummy tuck in the ultra high clearance (only hangs down 1 inch!) with the LoPro rubber transmission mount. I have already received the shipping notification from them... I couldn't believe their turn around time.

Between the lift, tires (not YET bought), and tummy tuck, I will have an impressive 9.5" of additional clearance between me and the ground. Now just to get it all installed... and then take it on a little wheelin trip!
Nice! Any progress pics yet?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.