Allgood_73's Build - 2004 Jeep Rubicon - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Allgood_73's Build - 2004 Jeep Rubicon

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 10-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Reserved

Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #17
01LimitedXJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

my jeeps cooler...

you decide on a lift yet? Clayton...RE...?

so the cable shifter is working good now? you were having some issues last outting...
Unread 11-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #18
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep man. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #19
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01LimitedXJ View Post
my jeeps cooler...

you decide on a lift yet? Clayton...RE...?

so the cable shifter is working good now? you were having some issues last outting...
Yea, yea... Mr. 40's.

I'm still diggin the Clayton lift if I can get Matt to weld them on for a decent price so that I can then do the tummy tuck.

As for the cable shifter, it only gave me trouble the first few times I was switching the TC in and out of 4wd... after that, it seemed like it worked really well. I'm gonna keep it as is and see how it does on our next outting... if I have sporadic issues I'll go ahead and make some tweaks.

I think the only thing I gotta take care of for now is tightening the e brake.

Thanks for the first post! later man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard15 View Post
Nice jeep man. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Thanks! I got the bumpers and some winch items on their way now... so I'll be quite busy next weekend.
Unread 11-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #20
01LimitedXJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

ebrake cables easy...just spray it down with wd40...it was pretty rusty when i made the first adjustment on it.

i may be making a trip up there as well...i need some tube bent for the rear, im getting rid of more sheet metal

im shooting to be done with my junk end of march, wheelin trip in april? im thinking of hitting one of the closer parks first (woolys or wheelin), then hit up windrock when ive got everythin tested.

hit me up about the bumpers again...i forgot when you were going to get em...i may come with ya.
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #21
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Getting rid of more sheet metal, huh? You still thinking of just cutting the rear fenders straight back and then doing the tubing around it?

Wheelin in April sounds great... i like WITC better, but which ever will be fine to test everything out. If we go to Wooly's, I gotta remember to pick up a sticker for my collection.

Sunday, Dec. 5th is when I'm picking it all up at 9am. Since it's around a 5 hr drive, I'll have to leave before 4am. You're more than welcome to go... just let me know if u wanna hang out down there or if you wanna just ride along for company. I guess breakfast and lunch will be on me.
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #22
300whisper
2010 JK Wrangler 

I saw 32.8s for tires...am I right? With dana 44s and a 4 inch spring/ 1 inch body lift combo, why not 35s? I like your rubicon. Good luck with the build!!
300whisper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300whisper View Post
I saw 32.8s for tires...am I right? With dana 44s and a 4 inch spring/ 1 inch body lift combo, why not 35s? I like your rubicon. Good luck with the build!!
Thanks whisper, I was planning on going with 33's to keep it driving nicely on the highway since this is a daily driver for a year or so. That being said, I'm thinking about doing two sets of tires and rims:

1) Street tires = MTR 305/70r16 on the stock moab wheels
2) Offroad tires = MTR true 35's on 15" beadlock wheels. I would do 15" wheels since tires are $300 a piece instead of $380 a piece for 16" wheels.

If money doesn't allow for two sets of tires and rims... I will most likely go with 35's and just use them on the street too.
Unread 11-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #24
01LimitedXJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgood_73 View Post
Getting rid of more sheet metal, huh? You still thinking of just cutting the rear fenders straight back and then doing the tubing around it?

Wheelin in April sounds great... i like WITC better, but which ever will be fine to test everything out. If we go to Wooly's, I gotta remember to pick up a sticker for my collection.

Sunday, Dec. 5th is when I'm picking it all up at 9am. Since it's around a 5 hr drive, I'll have to leave before 4am. You're more than welcome to go... just let me know if u wanna hang out down there or if you wanna just ride along for company. I guess breakfast and lunch will be on me.
wait till you see what i have planned ha

i may go with ya, ive got that thursday and friday off
Unread 12-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #25
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Added new CB mount install pics, updated parts chart, and added a few other pics. Enjoy!

Also, I picked up all of the bumpers today in Arkansas (10 hour round trip) and the winch comes on Tuesday. Luckily, 01LimitedXJ was kinda enough to tag along and provide some company. I'll try to have pics up by the end of the week.
Unread 12-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #26
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Added full bumpers pics, winch pics, and CB modification pics.

Updated cost spreadsheet and added a "SOLD" column. Please take a look at this, as it will have my items for sale... such as right now, I have KC headlights, brand new Rugged Ridge license plate mount for roller fairleads, brand new Smittybilt aluminum fairlead, etc.

Also, while I was installing the rear bumper, our neighbors house caught on fire. I know anytime is a bad time for a house to catch fire, but a week before Christmas is just that much worse...

Unread 12-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #27
NMLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

How sad

Nice jeep build. I have never seen such an orginazed build with spreed sheets and reserved posts.

-2006 Impact Orange LJ-

THE HARDEST THING ABOUT A ZOMBIE OUTBREAK WOULD BE PRENTENDING NOT TO BE EXCITED
NMLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #28
UK_TJ_USAF
2002 TJ Wrangler 

looking real good. cant wait to see your rig with a lift on it.
UK_TJ_USAF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #29
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMLJ View Post
Nice jeep build. I have never seen such an orginazed build with spreed sheets and reserved posts.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_TJ_USAF View Post
looking real good. cant wait to see your rig with a lift on it.
Appreciate it... I think the lift, tires, tummy tuck, and beadlock wheels will actually be coming sooner than planned. Should be around a month or so.
Unread 12-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #30
01LimitedXJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMLJ View Post
I have never seen such an orginazed build with spreed sheets and reserved posts.
hahaha...he's a nerd i attempted to do that on my first build...that lasted about a week. i got tired of updating the stupid thing, and depressed at how much money was going into my jeep .

well your jeeps about to graduate to the next level...you might be able to keep up

when u getting your tires? some 35" pitbulls would look oh so good on the rubi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.