all my jeeps - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > all my jeeps

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #256
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Man your a hard-core Flip Flopper, In a good way tho

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #257
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulehead2 View Post
That 5 ton looks pretty solid. I would drive it to work. LOL
The first pic of the black Sahara it's next to our old 5 ton, at my dad's work. And yea he drove it a few times to work, which is as IBM and he is an electrical engineer so it was the biggest most redneck vehicle there haha!
And our current 5 ton is in the process of being bobbed to two axles right now. Already has the bed off and both rear axles pulled! Should be done by next week and I'll get some pics up later of the progress
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #258
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well the 5-ton is almost finished. I had some during pictures but didn't upload them to the computer. Here it is with the shortened frame and the rear axle mounted. My brother and his friend who owns a shop just finished up all the air lines and mounted the axle. About all that is left is moving the spare tire crane and mounting the bed up close to the cab and shortening the bed.

Heres some before and current pics, one showing the sweet flex it has!

Unfortunately most of that flex is frame flex as the front suspension only has about 2 inches of up travel and the springs are so stiff anyway they dont have much down travel, but what ever thats the way it was designed to work!

And here's some before and after pics

Unread 04-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #259
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

5 Ton is just about finished, Just needs paint and it will be 100%!
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #260
Stout95YJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Duuuuuuuuuuude
Stout95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #261
McChillen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

McChillen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #262
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sexy as hell man. What bed length did you end going with?

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #263
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well thought I'd share some good fortune I had today with you people.
For a little back story, at 15 in 2004, I got my first car, a 1972 Pontiac Lemans, mechanically it was in great shape, had a built transmission, new intake and carb and decent interior and all that good stuff, just the paint was old and bland. I have wanted to and started working on some body work in the little time we would get for at least the past five years but never really got to do it. My dad told me we could get it done after I graduated from NCSU, that was back December. And I had the car at home trying to work on it while driving it, go away for a weekend and its gone. My brother and dad had taken it back to storage since our driveway was too full... at least thats what they told me back in march.This morning my dad told me he found a parts car to go look at that's at a shop to get parts for my car, supposedly the guy didn't pay the shop bill so the shop was selling it for the cost of the work. Long story short we get their and i'm thinking this car looks great, the paint is new and just how I wanted to paint mine! and not until I pop the hood do I realize it is MY car!! all the small rust holes and holes for removed trim pieces were filled and it was a beautiful Daytona Sunset Orange from the C6 corvettes. So my dad and brother 'Overhaul'd me!!
Below is the pictures of before and after.
Before

after

Unread 05-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #264
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I am farf from being a "car guy", but that **** is purty. You're pretty lucky to have such a great family.
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #265
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't up dated this in a little bit. Got the 1" coil spacers in all 4 corners and just got some extended bumpstops in since they basically fell apart on the front when installing the coil spacers. While doing that work I found a front axleshaft u-joint that was shot, a bad front wheel hub, and on top of that I need new brakes. BUT I got a job and started working on June first, they gave me a company truck and a gas card. I'm driving a bunch for work, averaging around 900 miles a week but I dont spend any money on gas and living with my parents right now means no rent. I'm saving a lot of money and can finally do a few upgrades on top of these repairs/maintenance I need to do, along with finishing up the restoration of my Pontiac posted above.

Anyways heres some pics just because updates are worthless with out pics. They are from before I installed the 1" coil spacers and extended bumpstops though but it was entertaining, just driving through a ditch after having the SYE installed.
-Hanging out at a friend's before driving through their ditch

-FLEX-

Ditch

(That Camaro in the background drove in the ditch the night before...that was a funny drunken story luckily it just got a little dirty and needed a $80 part)

Moar ditch flex.

Not to bad for 1.5" of suspension lift and stock arms! (measured exact lift heights next to the stock TJ I had for a while, I'm at 1.5" supsension and 2.75 total after BL) I'll get some pics soon after the new coil spacers were put in, it has a little taller stance and hopefully will keep me from bottoming out as easy.
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #266
NIUPonyBoy
2007 JK Wrangler 

That 5 ton is awesome.

I'm 32 and owned something like 35-36 cars and trucks.
Unread 08-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #267
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The TJ is finally, hopefully, getting some much needed attention tomorrow. Going to pick up some new timken hubs, new front u-joints maybe pads and rotors and some junkyard shafts to install them all into and then swap it all in. If I'm lucky I'll also get the new bump stops installed. And I'm thinking of buying a UCF skid soon, or something similar.

Oh yeah and my brother bought me a snorkel for my birthday which was pretty awesome, so that will get put on eventually.
Unread 10-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #268
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Last week I cut a tire sidewall wheeling at Uwharrie. I took it to 3 different tire repair stores and all said they wouldn't touch it. They said some of the steel bands were cut and even though they do vulcanized repairs it would not be safe to repair it so I'm SOL :/ Only option is put a little patch on it and put a tube in but even then it wouldn't be safe for road use so it will only be an off road only spare. What a shame that the little cut below basically ruined my tire . (Wheeling pics will be uploaded soon)

BUT in other news I bought a new car over the weekend so Jeep money might be tight for a little while since I have something else to mod

Its a 2002 Trans Am. LS1 with a LS6 intake swap, 6 speed with a short throw shifter, long tube headers, high flow cats, Hooker muffler and some aftermarket performance shocks, swaybars and control arms (not sure on brand yet).
This thing is Fast and so much fun to drive! Its definitely faster than the 96 Corvette LT1 we recently got rid of and handles just as good if not a little better, and it sounds amazing!

Unread 06-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #269
Worshers
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet trans am and Jeep TJ dude!
Worshers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #270
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Been a long time since I've been on this thread... Haven't done much to the jeep, still never put in the hubs, brakes or u-joints. I kind of just figured i would break a shaft eventually wheeling and use that as my excuse to finally swap them out but its held up fine. And I haven't put many miles on the jeep since I have a work truck, maybe driven it about 1000 miles in the past year, but what ever I still enjoy it! Went wheeling this past weekend, and I got to say its nice to be grown up and have a tow to go wheeling! My brother has a small used car lot and owns the trailer, and thats his 'new' beater XJ. Its a 99 with 270k miles and still runs perfect, I think after buying the 6" RC lift and 37's and front locker for it (welded rear of course) he has about 700 in it

And video my jeep tackling this ledge, it looks like nothing in this video bu everyone else in our group took 3 or 4 attempts to get up it, my brother's XJ on 6" lift locked front and rear on 37's took a few tries at it, video of him is first, and I followed one rig behind him. For those that know Uwharrie, this is the first ledge on Daniel.

I have a few more pics but photobucket is being super slow and I don't feel like waiting on it to upload

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.