all my jeeps - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > all my jeeps

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #151
snakester14

Where are those pics from on page 9 of yall wheelin in Durham? is at anywhere near Page or Chin Page road?

snakester14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 12:10 AM   #152
Brandon97TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Those are from Page road
Brandon97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #153
snakester14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon97TJ View Post
Those are from Page road
Oh cool me and my boys usually roll down 54 past Page road to Chin Page road and go down a mile or 2 and theirs some trials. Where on Page are these trails at?

Preciate it,
Jake
snakester14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #154
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakester14 View Post
Oh cool me and my boys usually roll down 54 past Page road to Chin Page road and go down a mile or 2 and theirs some trials. Where on Page are these trails at?

Preciate it,
Jake
RIght next to I 40 basically.

You know if you are on 540 belt line(not sure whether outer or inner always confused by those) but you exit 540 onto i40 west, with leeseville, 70/glennwood are behind you, and its a right hand exit then you merge onto i40. If you look to your right there's that big pond right next to the highway, next to both 540 and i40west, the trails are right along there. They actually loop up next to the pond and there's some hill climbs there.
Unread 06-07-2009, 03:16 AM   #155
Baksidar
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Sure, will do. It'll probably be anohter 15-20 k miles before the tires on the xj need replacing and then eventually we'll be going up to 32's or 33's hopefully. if so they'll probably go on those same rims so i'll get pics up then.
Did you ever get round to changing those tyres and are the rims painted yet ?

Oh have you got any recent pics of the pontiac ?
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #156
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baksidar View Post
Did you ever get round to changing those tyres and are the rims painted yet ?

Oh have you got any recent pics of the pontiac ?
No and no, haha. My bro and i need to take some time and bring a trailor over to the shop and take the motor to the car wash and clean it before he starts tearing into it. But once the motor is put back together then he'll be putting it in and it won't take long to finish after that.
Unread 06-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #157
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well heres two new purchases, Just picked them up monday from Camp Lejeune. Far left is 1971 AM General m35a2, with PTO winch, and turbo diesel engine, about 20-30k miles, i foreget. Far right is 1967 Kaiser Jeep m35a2, with PTO winch and turbo diesel, about the same milage. Bought them straight from the Government 2 weeks ago and all paperwork was done last friday and we went to pick them up monday. Also bought 2 trailers to go along with them, pick them up next week. Plan is to either sell 2 and bob one (chop 5 feet of the bed and remove one axle and replace bed with trailer body bed) and put it on the 52" Michelin's, or sell all 3 and buy one we already found that has been bobbed, depends on if he still haves it or not.

Heres some pics off them on the ride home then all three when they got there.

Left to right,
Mike, (my bro), my dad, and me
Unread 07-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #158
Brandon97TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Your bro looks gay
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #159
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your bro looks gay
Your face looks gay!

Oh and another update, i just bought 1 year old 2.5" ome springs and some random new shocks. Oh yeah and all of it was only $150. Hope to install that and sell my lift, possibly sell those shocks and get some skyjacker 4" lift shocks, I did the math and they'd be perfect length for what i want to accomplish.
Unread 07-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #160
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just a heads up on those OME springs. See if they still have the # tags on the springs themselves. Check those #'s online to see if they are the ''heavy duty'' or "light duty" springs. I purchased some OME 2.5 springs that were supposed to be HD's, but I got the spring rate #'s and they turned out to be Light Duty. Biggest difference is they don't give any more than 2" lift like the BB I replaced, which was disappointing. I would've gone another route if I knew they were LD's before buying them. I would expect the HD's to give 2.5-3" of lift, which hopefully is the case with the ones that you are getting.
Unread 07-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #161
ohvkj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your bro looks gay

that's his favorite pose for some reason...lol
Unread 07-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #162
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP97TJ View Post
Just a heads up on those OME springs. See if they still have the # tags on the springs themselves. Check those #'s online to see if they are the ''heavy duty'' or "light duty" springs. I purchased some OME 2.5 springs that were supposed to be HD's, but I got the spring rate #'s and they turned out to be Light Duty. Biggest difference is they don't give any more than 2" lift like the BB I replaced, which was disappointing. I would've gone another route if I knew they were LD's before buying them. I would expect the HD's to give 2.5-3" of lift, which hopefully is the case with the ones that you are getting.
Yeah about that.....i checked once i got them and they are apparently the light duty's . not quite sure what i'm going to do with them, but as it is my skyjacker 2-2.5" spring lift is just less than 2" right now because of the weight of the jeep (rear tire carrier, a to z's, and winch). I might just put them in the front and measure to see if i gained anything, if not i'll swap back and probably just sell them along with the shocks that came to try to make some money to maybe by the OME HD 2.5" springs or just buy some 1" spring spacers and some longer travel shocks. Probably gonna get the skyjacker hydro's for a 4" lift.
All i'm hoping is that the springs give me about .5" of lift over what i have now, then i can sell my current lift.
But at the price i got them for i knew i couldnt loose either way.
Unread 07-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #163
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Yeah about that.....i checked once i got them and they are apparently the light duty's . not quite sure what i'm going to do with them, but as it is my skyjacker 2-2.5" spring lift is just less than 2" right now because of the weight of the jeep (rear tire carrier, a to z's, and winch). I might just put them in the front and measure to see if i gained anything, if not i'll swap back and probably just sell them along with the shocks that came to try to make some money to maybe by the OME HD 2.5" springs or just buy some 1" spring spacers and some longer travel shocks. Probably gonna get the skyjacker hydro's for a 4" lift.
All i'm hoping is that the springs give me about .5" of lift over what i have now, then i can sell my current lift.
But at the price i got them for i knew i couldnt loose either way.
Damn shame, isn't it. I didn't gain any over my budget boost (RE 2") with the coils in the front, very disappointing. To be honest, it could very well not be worth it to bother with swapping the coils. I would plan to add at least some spacer.
Unread 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #164
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP97TJ View Post
Damn shame, isn't it. I didn't gain any over my budget boost (RE 2") with the coils in the front, very disappointing. To be honest, it could very well not be worth it to bother with swapping the coils. I would plan to add at least some spacer.
Yeah thats what i figured, i already had 2 .5" spacers and 2 .75" spacers that i was gonna put on but figured what the heck this ome was cheap enough i'll just get it. I'm gonna try to find another set of .75" spacers or 1" ones and ditch the .5's. When i go to install them i'll see which set of springs is actually longer with no load on it and thats what I'll go with. My theory is, even if they give the same amount of lift at full flex the spring of the longer one will actually help push the axle down instead of just unseating from the frame mount.
Unread 07-09-2009, 12:10 AM   #165
Brandon97TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just go with the 4" and buy my 35's in a month lol

I think your jeep sits fine right now with the BB and BL. You should get flex joint control arms or an aussie locker with the money instead

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.