#1 ·
1988 yj (sold)

1989 xj
(new 32's)

(old 31's)

continued in next post

See less See more
#3 ·
i figure i might as well up date this maybe turn it into a build up for the tj and xj, i have since added 1.5" wheel spacers and jks quick disco's to the tj, replaced the rear blocks on the '97 xj with 3" ome leafs, added some quick disco's, c4x4 tow hooks and took off the front bumper end caps.
we (my bro and i) took 2 trips to uwharrie with friends, once in the tj and once in the 97 xj the only pic i currently have is of my tj with the super swampers swapped from the 89 xj on it at the Eldorado outpost the day we left

will get more eventually once my friend sends them to me

#6 ·
it is the stock bumper and a grille guard meant for a 4runner, but both bumpers (4runner and xj) are rectangle so just drilled some holes and it bolted right up

#11 ·
update the 89xj with the snorkel is now forsale, decide to get out of jeeps... not! we are selling it because my bro and i are replacing it with another 97 we are picking up tomorrow!
its a '97 2 door 240k miles, 4.0L with about 70k, aw4, about 4-5" lift up front and 3 inch blocks with still healthy springs, the fenders are cut alot, way past the pinch seem in back and theres a few dents and scratches, 35x12.5x16.5 BFG MT's, and yes they are 16.5" wheels custom made with jeep bolt pattern, and it also comes with a set of military humvee 36x12.5x16.5 tires, all of that for $800 and it runs great and drives just fine
things to do to it
-get new lca's
-build bastard pack to replace blocks
-sell the 36's and get some money back!
pics will be posted up either tomorrow or sunday once we get it

#16 ·
thanks for the compliments! first is sell the red 1989 xj w/ the snorkel, then we can get to the green one, plans are to replace the cold air in take with a stock intake box then make another snorkel like on the '89, then build a bastard pack leaf pack in the rear to get rid of the blocks it has, and thats prolly it for a while
i'll tell you its gonna be weird having a beater jeep(green xj) thats the same year as our nice beach only jeep(red xj)

#17 ·
update! '89 red xj is sold, we put the 31' mickey thompson tires back on it on jeep steel 5spokes, and kept the 32" swampers for our use, we got 750 for it! so that just about pays for the green one that we just got, and first thing we have already done is get a new muffler, we got a local muffler shop to make a straight pipe that looks like a muffler, (it still has cat so it is emmisions legal) and it sounds great! it has a nice loupy idle now from the mild performance cam installed
so next on the to do list is oil change, rear helper springs from auto zone(until summer when my bro and i build a bastard pack with free time), build a snorkel, and find some used shocks for 4-6" lift, and in the summer we decided we're gonna remove all the windows and doors,
4-40 A/c FTW!

#19 · (Edited)
alrighty some new pics, first up we built a snorkel for the new 2dr,

and we had to test it out, this little water crossing got water over the hood, inv a private pond

went wheeling with friends, this is before hand with my friend, whose jeep is my twin

having a lil fun in 2wd

#24 ·
are you kidding, that spare is full size, the pics make it look small, lol,
i figured some people would get a kick out of it, my full size has made my tailgate sag a little so i have had the donut on there for about 3 months now waiting to order a tire carrier, i even had it on there up at URE while wheeling just for fun!
i decided along with a friend that any upgrades would be made purple, for him anything under his jeep like when he gets his 8.8, and for us what ever,
the theme is 'the Incredible Hulk' ya know, green and purple and big as hell!

#25 ·
alrighty new update, got a tire carrier bumper for my tj, and have a 1.25" bl comming to be installed with my 1" brown dog mml
heres the pics of the bumper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.