All american CJ.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > All american CJ....

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutBlack Friday Deals !JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!

Unread 11-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Sheps_CJ7
1981 CJ7 

All american CJ....

Been on here for quite a few years. I was starting a build a many many years ago, starting with the engine. Well, that fell through due to not having the money. Well I have been blessed and now I am doing things that I never thought I would to the jeep. Originally I was "its got to be all original". Well I am older and wiser now, so that went out the window. I am having fun learning and building this Jeep. I call it an all American Jeep because it has parts from the big 3. I started with a Ford 9 out of an Econoline van. I've rebuild and geared it to 4.56 and Detroit Locker. The front axle is Chevy Dana 44 that was suppose to have "been built". Well it is now built with 4.56 gears with Spartan Locker. It was the big bearing spindles with a Chevy lug pattern. After a few trips to the u pull it, its now a small bearing with Ford 5x5.5. Doing disk brakes all around. When I bought the front axle, I just bought the whole Jeep. It has a SOA lift with high steer set up. I've bored the engine .30 over, split duration cam, port/polished head. Plan on making headers and upgrading ignition and all to Ford TFI. Picked up a NV4500 to mount to the 258 and Dana 300. Yes I know its overkill, but it has the granny first and I won't have to worry about breaking it. The axles are staying full size, and I will make extended fender flares. For around town Ill have 33's on the stock Jeep wheels. Then when I want to go play, Ill change out to 35's on Spyderlocks. Picked up the Warn 8274 to mount to the front. Planing on lots of small mods building my own bumpers/guards and such. So far everything is going as planned. I hope to be done around Marchish April, just in time for topless Jeep season here. Instead of uploading pics here, you can click this link...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=54581034cf

and see my pics of my build. Check back for more pics.

Sheps_CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.