AlcidaJeeper - TJ rerebuilt to last w/ 4link - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > AlcidaJeeper - TJ rerebuilt to last w/ 4link

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #16
Alcidajeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep TJ aluminium inner fender

I used a sheet of aluminium to fabricate my inner fenders. That's one eye catching feature I can tell you that

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson
Alcidajeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #17
Alcidajeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Painting my jeep TJ

Well, with all the money I saved on my jeep, I bought myself the motorcycle for a jeep guy! (Kidding, I have no clue why I had money for this, but student load helped for sure)

My jeep and my F800GS

Turned a shed into a paintshop pretty quick. 200$ in lights, a hole with a 3M air filter in the door and a hume fan.

PS: ALWAYS PUT NEWSPAPER CLOSE TO THE BODY IF THE PLASTIC IS CHEAP

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #18
Alcidajeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Suiting up the jeep - love the white tj with beige interior

My first drive (incomplete)
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #19
Alcidajeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

White Jeep TJ 12 inch lift with army star

Unread 02-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #20
Alcidajeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is not done yet

So this is how it sat for a couple of months. I had to change stuff in steering, brakes and lift to get it to drive like a *stock. Seriously, a stretched jeep is great. I can take it comfortably to 80km/h on gravel road, and take curves. I tend to stay on the safe side tho... If there is interest, I will keep posting all the upgrades that have been made since then. Also, if anyone is interested in more pics from a certain part of the project, or have questions, feel free to message me, I did skip a lot of details because it take a long time to post and your never sure if your thread is going to be seen or stay in the lost threads of the www community ;P
Unread 02-19-2014, 09:13 PM   #21
Alcidajeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
So you stole someone's parts, illegally used paint, and have 12" of lift?

Cool story.
Well I guess considering he sold it to me "removed from the jeep" and it wasn't, and he said it was going to the scrapmetal, and it broke in half when he pulled it out of the snowbank for me.

For the lift, well I built it for snow run, and it is performing great at it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.