Began to mock up the brackets on the front axle, everything's just tacked on so it's not holding it's own weight yet, there's a few issues to resolve regarding axle bracketry. The H2s and 35s just for kicks
photobucket is being dumb and all my uploads keep failing excpet this one picture... anyhow, yanked the axles out from under the jeep and loaded em up in the dodge and went down the road a few miles to my buddies barn to use his 220v welder to burn in all the axle brackets, i just didnt feel comfortable using my 120v welder for the important stuff haha. i just had to fork over $700 for ball joints in the dodge so thats gonna push things back a little for the jeep, but up soon will be steering (ruff stuff or northwest fab) and regearing the rear, (have 4.56s to match the front, and a full spool) and get some chromos to go with the 35 spline spool.
after i got the axles back to my place i gave em a fresh coat
cleaning the threads and installing a cheapo hi steer arm
finish welded and painted the 3rd link
this was from last night down at my buddies barn
then robby bobby had a clever idea...
thats what im talkin bout
i had to mount the 2 front tires backwards cause of the large amount of backspacing conflicting with the steering arms.. no biggie just a temporary fix. the h2 wheels are on my diesel so i might get 2 small wheel spacers for this..
not really gonna have many updates for a little while. got another project that took priority. id been driving my v6 dakota because the cost of diesel went thru the roof... well the v6 in the dakota took a crap so im swapping in a 5.9 v8 in a hurry so i can get it back on the road, so until then the jeep is gonna sit dormant. but there is lots to do on the jeep, i need to hire some mexicans to get it done for me haha