ajamison's 2005 TJ build on a budget - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ajamison's 2005 TJ build on a budget

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 04-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #61
ajamison
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAXnyj18 View Post
Oh okay sweet, I may be going wheeling soon up at trails with you all...my Jeep just decided to have reverse again and to run perfectly fine. lol
haha thats always a good thing! let me know when you wanna make the trail run and ill see if i can make it

ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #62
ajamison
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenTJ27 View Post
Yo bro. I just threw some new tires on my Jeep, and I'm itching to get it out on some trails. Is there anything out your way that's worth making the trip for?

By the way, I still have those flares haha
yeah theres a place called trails road thats probably worth making a trip for.. theres a thread on here somewhere about it..

haha i didnt forget about the flares, i've been so damn busy lately with school that i haven't had much time for anything else.. the jeep was torn apart in the garage for a month cause i didnt have time to put it back together, and i havent been wheeling in forever

but anyways maybe we can meet up in may or june to swap the flares, i dont really see myself having much time until then
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #63
BigGreenTJ27
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Collegeville,PA
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison View Post
yeah theres a place called trails road thats probably worth making a trip for.. theres a thread on here somewhere about it..

haha i didnt forget about the flares, i've been so damn busy lately with school that i haven't had much time for anything else.. the jeep was torn apart in the garage for a month cause i didnt have time to put it back together, and i havent been wheeling in forever

but anyways maybe we can meet up in may or june to swap the flares, i dont really see myself having much time until then
We may have to set up a wheeling day. Should I be cool without a locker? I'm re-geared to 4.56s with 35" tires.

As for the flares, just figured I'd mess with you a little. I'm a little undecided on what I want to do with them. I know the flares you have offer more coverage, but I'm worried about still getting crap come inspection time.
BigGreenTJ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:21 AM   #64
ajamison
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenTJ27 View Post
We may have to set up a wheeling day. Should I be cool without a locker? I'm re-geared to 4.56s with 35" tires.

As for the flares, just figured I'd mess with you a little. I'm a little undecided on what I want to do with them. I know the flares you have offer more coverage, but I'm worried about still getting crap come inspection time.
yeah you'll be more than fine for the trail... its a little bit of rock crawling but i have no problems with open difs and 35s
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #65
BigGreenTJ27
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Collegeville,PA
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison View Post
yeah you'll be more than fine for the trail... its a little bit of rock crawling but i have no problems with open difs and 35s
Excellent dude. I may have to wait until school is out to make a trip out that way since weekends are packed with working. I definitely want to hit these trails though.
BigGreenTJ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #66
ItsaFinRubicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Port Deposit, MD, Cecil County, MD
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison View Post
yeah you'll be more than fine for the trail... its a little bit of rock crawling but i have no problems with open difs and 35s
unless you have a cherokee with s stock tie rod... then your $h17 out of luck because i don't have a winch anymore
__________________
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]


[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #67
ajamison
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaFinRubicon View Post
unless you have a cherokee with s stock tie rod... then your $h17 out of luck because i don't have a winch anymore
hahahah you mean as long as you dont act like a compelte idiot any try to show off you'll be fine
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #68
ItsaFinRubicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Port Deposit, MD, Cecil County, MD
Posts: 1,255
^ That too hahaha
__________________
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]


[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #69
ajamison
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,711
well today i washed all the mud off... darn stuff gets everywhere



i sold the bikini top / windjammer this week and im saving to get the viking top, well rampage makes it now i guess... hopefully i can come up with a few more bucks soon so i can just put the hard top away for the summer and have no worries
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #70
snowrydr01
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 1,090
not sure if anyone brought this up but im not sure the xj ever came with a 3.73? You might have better luck trying to find a 4.10 out of a 4cy xj then looking for a stock 4.10 8.8. Most bolt in 8.8s sell pretty quick, you might even be able to make the money it costs to buy the hp30, just tossing it out there
snowrydr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #71
lowicz96
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flint/Asheville
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowrydr01 View Post
not sure if anyone brought this up but im not sure the xj ever came with a 3.73? You might have better luck trying to find a 4.10 out of a 4cy xj then looking for a stock 4.10 8.8. Most bolt in 8.8s sell pretty quick, you might even be able to make the money it costs to buy the hp30, just tossing it out there
My 96 sport, aw4, 4x4, np241 and tow package had 3.73 gears
__________________
Project/DD - 95' Cherokee Sport, 2 Door, Converted to 4x4, AX-15, NP231, Black and lots of other goodies

88' Cherokee Limited - RIP

Sold - 96' Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2 Door, AW4, NP242, Its the girlfriends now!!
lowicz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #72
ajamison
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,711
yeah i believe some tow package xjs had the 3.73s... im waiting for one to pop up at the local you pull it
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #73
ajamison
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,711
this weekend i got the screwed up 8.8 brackets cut off.. hopefully tomorrow i will get the new ones tacked in the correct place, i will be mocking it up under the jeep to ensure that they are in the correct place. i also have saved up enough for a new soft top! im gonna go with the rampage frameless (used to be viking fastback)..
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #74
ajamison
Registered User
1991 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: York PA
Posts: 1,711
ordered my soft top today! i got a great deal from carparts.com, only $360 for rampage's version of the viking fastback top, i hope rampage's quality is as good as vikings, only down side is that its back ordered, its gonna be shipped direct to me from rampage april 27
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #75
ItsaFinRubicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Port Deposit, MD, Cecil County, MD
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison View Post
ordered my soft top today! i got a great deal from carparts.com, only $360 for rampage's version of the viking fastback top, i hope rampage's quality is as good as vikings, only down side is that its back ordered, its gonna be shipped direct to me from rampage april 27
so its the one like the viking top? and not the trektop right? because i think the viking top you can remove the winodws or something but i know its better then the trektop
__________________
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]


[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.