ajamison's 2005 TJ build on a budget - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > ajamison's 2005 TJ build on a budget

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #31
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

it was nice today so i fabbed up some shabby mirrors to mount on the windshield frame and took her for a drive down by the lake...

ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #32
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

its been a while since i've posted on my lame build thread haha... and its been a while since i've done anything to my jeep, its been too cold outside. its supposed to warm up a little on thursday (39 degrees... warmest its been in weeks). i plan to remove my t-case drop kit my quest to get rid of drive-line vibes... since i have a MML, i guess the t-case drop is not needed, i guess i'll find out. the u-joint is toast, so i'll be replacing that too and making sure the drive-line angles are O.K., maybe some adjustable control arms will need some adjusting. i may have opened up a can of worms, cause my custom exhaust will have to be changed when the t-case is raised back to the stock position. ....***** that reminds me, a tcase skid bolt broke off, i guess i'll be drilling that out too. lots to do, wish me luck
Unread 02-17-2010, 01:56 AM   #33
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Haha good luck, I really like your bumper BTW. Oh and I only have a 2.5" with a 1" MML and I still had to drop the transfer case with a couple of washers, so hopefully it'll work out better for you but worst to worst just use some washers to drop it, they are more precise and will save you about 1/2" or so in clearance.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #34
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6 View Post
Haha good luck, I really like your bumper BTW. Oh and I only have a 2.5" with a 1" MML and I still had to drop the transfer case with a couple of washers, so hopefully it'll work out better for you but worst to worst just use some washers to drop it, they are more precise and will save you about 1/2" or so in clearance.
yeah somebody advised me about using washers.. i was hoping that i could just tune in my rear adjustable control arms if not ill swap in some washers. thanks!
Unread 02-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #35
BigGreenTJ27
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yo man. Jeep is looking good. I just realized that you are the guy I was trying to trade flares with. I have those pocket style flares. We exchanged a few e-mails. I finally have the Jeep inspected and back on the road. Let me know if you're still interested!

And what did you end up doing with those moabs?
BigGreenTJ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #36
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenTJ27 View Post
Yo man. Jeep is looking good. I just realized that you are the guy I was trying to trade flares with. I have those pocket style flares. We exchanged a few e-mails. I finally have the Jeep inspected and back on the road. Let me know if you're still interested!

And what did you end up doing with those moabs?
oh hey man! i might still be interested, but i've been really busy with school and everything... so maybe in a few weeks or so we can make arrangements..

the moab's went to the blue xj (rovermil58) thats pictured here on this thread somewhere
Unread 02-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #37
BigGreenTJ27
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison View Post
oh hey man! i might still be interested, but i've been really busy with school and everything... so maybe in a few weeks or so we can make arrangements..

the moab's went to the blue xj (rovermil58) thats pictured here on this thread somewhere
Ahh damn! I've been trying to get my hands on some. Oh well. Anyway, let me know what you want to do about the trade. I hear you about being busy. Its been school during the week and work on the weekends. Keep in touch. If you don't still have my e-mail, its bryanport@comcast.net
BigGreenTJ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #38
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreenTJ27 View Post
Ahh damn! I've been trying to get my hands on some. Oh well. Anyway, let me know what you want to do about the trade. I hear you about being busy. Its been school during the week and work on the weekends. Keep in touch. If you don't still have my e-mail, its bryanport@comcast.net
okay man will do
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #39
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

i have almost all the brackets welded on the 8.8, should be finishing that up tomorrow with any luck... just need to take care brake lines then it will be ready to bolt in.. ill post up a few pictures when i get everything finished up here in a few days
Unread 03-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #40
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

today i got everything tacked on, tomorrow my friend (who welds for a living) will be coming over to lay a bead on everything, including the axle tubes

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #41
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Its always nice to have a buddy who is a welder. Thats a speed dial number haha.
Good luck with the axles.
jesse18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #42
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse18 View Post
Its always nice to have a buddy who is a welder. Thats a speed dial number haha.
Good luck with the axles.
yeah its real nice haha 2 of my friends i graduated high school with do it for a living, its great!
Unread 03-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #43
Dtowngoalie
1993 ZJ 

Prettttyyyy, now paint it red
Dtowngoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #44
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtowngoalie View Post
Prettttyyyy, now paint it red
how bout not
Unread 03-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #45
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

A red axle. Ehhh...Maybe the track bar red and the sway bar would look ok. I like black parts. Keep them clean and black.
jesse18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.