Advice please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Advice please

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 09-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
CAVEMAN01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Advice please

Hey guys kinda new here , I have an 04 rubicon TJ , gen right hi finders rockers and corners , Tera flex four link rear long arm front 4 inch kit , banks header and edge trail jammer kit , smity built bumpers front and rear. And other small stuff here and there

I'm looking for options I have a 350 engine that's new and thinking about swapping it in with a propane kit.
And selling the 4.0 in the jeep to help pay for it

Or seeing what trade in would be for the new jk diesel that's suppose to come out 2015???

What would y'all do keep a soon to be classic body style or get a new build ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

CAVEMAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would keep the classic TJ personally. A friend of mine just removed the propane kit off his 350 (dedicated trail jeep only) due to having a hard time getting it refilled when he needed, he just wanted something more convenient. He has 3 tanks and says that each tank would last 4-10 hours of wheeling depending on the temperature and wheeling style.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
CAVEMAN01
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My jeep is mainly gonna be a weekend driver is why I was thinking of goin propane , but this new diesel sounds promising , do you know what kinda mpg your buddy gets in his 350 tj?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
CAVEMAN01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It is a 350 in a stretched cj5 that doesnt see anything but trials and I doubt it has a gauge that works, so no idea. But I doubt it goes more than 4 miles a tank, since it is in lo constantly.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.