_KONG_'s Build/Wheeling Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > _KONG_'s Build/Wheeling Thread

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 09-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #76
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well we added another jeep to the fleet. This one we bought built already with some good parts and some not. Its a 99 with only 80k miles and for a steal so it was an opportunity that came to us that we couldn't pass up. From the looks of it it was bulilt a while ago. It has currie bumpers front and rear. The rear is the currie bumper and tire carrier that smittybilt ripped the design from. It looks to have a 3-4" lift. Bilstein shocks. Sye done. RC lowers stock uppers. RE express track bars. And comes with full doors and a hard top and the usual accessories.

So it does need some work but its already has a lead on my jeep. What i like the most is the york air compressor already hooked up.

_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #77
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing major but i repainted my front bumper and sway bar cover since it was looking a little faded. I also tried something new by painting the bottom plate of my fabtech bumper hammered silver. I like the look and think i'll keep it for a while. It helps me blend in better here in BroCal

Unread 09-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #78
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If u guys decide to change the fenders on the brown jeep to stock ones let me know if your trying to get rid of the flat ones
ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #79
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post
If u guys decide to change the fenders on the brown jeep to stock ones let me know if your trying to get rid of the flat ones
Yeah i'll let you know. Maybe we can swap them
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #80
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
Yeah i'll let you know. Maybe we can swap them
Sounds good
ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #81
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

A few minutes with the angle grinder, a few coats of paint, a couple of clear and my bumper is freshened up and flipped. I gained a little bit of clearance and it hides my body lift nicely

Unread 09-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #82
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Now your just more likely to smash your gas tank haha Jk, jeeps looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #83
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post
Now your just more likely to smash your gas tank haha Jk, jeeps looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Thanks man. Who needs a gas tank anyways right?
Unread 09-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #84
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We ran cleghorn on sunday as a little shakedown run for the new jeep. It performed flawlessly thanks to the front locker that surprised us. Im 99% sure it has one so i'll pop the cover off and see whats in there soon.

Here are some poser shots. I didn't get any action shots because we breezed right through it

Unread 10-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #85
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Found a deal on a matching wheel on cl so I went to the local tire shop and picked up a used 33 for my spare. I also got my front tires balanced and my 45mph wobbles are now gone

Unread 10-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #86
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally going to get 3 tires participating. Super excited to get this baby in the 30

Unread 10-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #87
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got the spartan installed today. I have only driven around the block with it but its very quiet. I got it to unload on me twice in a u turn but im hoping that goes away with the break in. Im excited to try this baby out soon

Unread 10-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #88
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally popped the cover on the brown jeep and found a nice little surprise. I knew it was locked in front but wasn't sure what exactly was in it. It turned out what looks to be a detroit . So being that both jeeps are locked all front now things should get pretty interesting from now on

Unread 10-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #89
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We ran 2n17x to pilot rock and onto dishpan today. I made it up the first climb by deep creek but the group decided to call it a day from there so i turned around from there. Got a few scratches on the diff but the belly is what needs attention. I need to start working towards a tuck. Other then that, the locker performed amazing and it was a great day

Unread 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #90
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Made a quick little run to Cleghorn. Got lots of pics flexing out on all the ruts. Im really digging the jeeps performance right now. The locker is amazing. The RC springs are really flexy so they are going to stay for a while. The plan is to get some bilsteins with the right measurments and some new arms to make the most out of the travel I have in the springs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.