_KONG_'s Build/Wheeling Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > _KONG_'s Build/Wheeling Thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window Regulator

Unread 09-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #61
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
You want a trackbar with a heim or JJ on the frame end.
Also the current extension bracket that you have will just put more strain on the frame bracket, the stock bracket does rip of or crack under heavy trail use as is. Rockkrawler and RE make an add on bracket that goes to the frame as well and is a much better add on than you have now

Something like this

http://www.rockkrawler.com/images/TJ_TBARS_03.jpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #62
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
You want a trackbar with a heim or JJ on the frame end.
Also the current extension bracket that you have will just put more strain on the frame bracket, the stock bracket does rip of or crack under heavy trail use as is. Rockkrawler and RE make an add on bracket that goes to the frame as well and is a much better add on than you have now

Something like this

http://www.rockkrawler.com/images/TJ_TBARS_03.jpg

I had an issue back in the day with the trakbar being too short so rough country sent me the bracket for their 4-6 inch lift which looked just like that rockcrawler one. When i set it in place to look at it i noticed it was right over my tierod and i would have needed massive bumpstops to run it.

The one i have now has a rod end on the axle side so im just going to leave it on as a temporary think till i save enough for the currie one
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #63
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The Currie trackbar isn't bad, however you are going to find that the big bolt that goes through it and mounts it to the frame bracket will come loose, no matter how much you tighten it. Been there done that.

Unread 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #64
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thats interesting. Its the first time ive heard that. Maybe it would be better to make what i have now work. I was thinking of putting a jj on the axle side since the rod end it has now has some play. Or maybe like you said and get a trackbar with a heim on the frame end
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #65
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Truthfully to do it once and to do it right take a look at the rockkrawler bracket. It will pretty much keep the frame bracket from cracking at the webbing or keep it from ripping of the frame all together.
Then either get their trackbar or use an RE one or add heims on both ends of the one you have

Unread 09-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #66
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you have a trackbar with one heim does it matter what side its on? Or will the side its on see less stress? Wouldnt a trackbar with heims on both ends flop over?
Unread 09-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #67
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you have a trackbar with one heim does it matter what side its on? Or will the side its on see less stress? Wouldnt a trackbar with heims on both ends flop over?
It would but you can mostly limit that. The bushing should be at the axle end since there is the least amount of rotation there.

Unread 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #68
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It would but you can mostly limit that. The bushing should be at the axle end since there is the least amount of rotation there.
Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into it further and see what I come up with. Btw im catching up on your build. The jeeps look great and the buggy too. Ill keep an eye out to see what direction you go with it
Unread 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #69
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into it further and see what I come up with. Btw im catching up on your build. The jeeps look great and the buggy too. Ill keep an eye out to see what direction you go with it
I go only one direction lol forward to bigger nastier stuff It just helps a lot to built stuff right the first time and use parts that hold up well and make you avoid potential future issues

Unread 09-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #70
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I go only one direction lol forward to bigger nastier stuff It just helps a lot to built stuff right the first time and use parts that hold up well and make you avoid potential future issues
I hear IFS builds are all the rage these days. That would be a new direction for ya
Unread 09-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #71
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Gotta tear this thing up on a trail first.
My next built will be inspired by this Jeep looking buggy, very sweet ride

Unread 09-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #72
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Very sweet indeed. One day
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #73
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thats interesting. Its the first time ive heard that. Maybe it would be better to make what i have now work. I was thinking of putting a jj on the axle side since the rod end it has now has some play. Or maybe like you said and get a trackbar with a heim on the frame end
Maybe since you have trouble following logic, you should try and think logically and before putting any more money into your rig you swap out that boat anchor of a dana 35 in the rear. That way whoever your wheeling with won't have to tow you back when it breaks, just because you wanted to put JJ everywhere first......
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #74
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82

Maybe since you have trouble following logic, you should try and think logically and before putting any more money into your rig you swap out that boat anchor of a dana 35 in the rear. That way whoever your wheeling with won't have to tow you back when it breaks, just because you wanted to put JJ everywhere first......
My 35 gas held up just fine on 33s and unlocked. Im sure many here would agree that it holds up with smart driving. Your argument is also assuming i don't know how to fix what i break and cant get myself rolling again. You would be wrong. You are also assuming i don't carry spare parts. My education has priority over what rear axle my jeep has and it holds up fine for now because i know how to drive. But i wouldn't expect you to understand that either. Go troll somewhere else
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #75
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My 35 gas held up just fine on 33s and unlocked. Im sure many here would agree that it holds up with smart driving. Your argument is also assuming i don't know how to fix what i break and cant get myself rolling again. You would be wrong. You are also assuming i don't carry spare parts. My education has priority over what rear axle my jeep has and it holds up fine for now because i know how to drive. But i wouldn't expect you to understand that either. Go troll somewhere else

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.