_KONG_'s Build/Wheeling Thread - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > _KONG_'s Build/Wheeling Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #196
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good. Now lets go test it!

Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #197
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice work on the skid. Now get the gas for your welder and never look back! I don't know if you've welded with gas before but it's an amazing difference and makes welding so much more pleasurable and I don't use the word amazing to describe many things.
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #198
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Looks good. Now lets go test it!
I really want to. I haven't been out in a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Nice work on the skid. Now get the gas for your welder and never look back! I don't know if you've welded with gas before but it's an amazing difference and makes welding so much more pleasurable and I don't use the word amazing to describe many things.
I haven't yet but i'm planning on it. It looks a lot nicer and easier than trying to see through all the flux smoke. I'll have it for my next big project
_KONG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #199
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
This is a true story, Nate is the definition of Mr. Clean, so if he says something looks amazing.....go with it!

The build looks good, can't wait to see how it turns out.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #200
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
This is a true story, Nate is the definition of Mr. Clean, so if he says something looks amazing.....go with it!

The build looks good, can't wait to see how it turns out.
Thanks man. I'm well aware of his OCD. Looks like you share a little bit of it as well. His build is one of motivations to fab up my own stuff and go enjoy it
Unread 11-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #201
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
Thanks man. I'm well aware of his OCD. Looks like you share a little bit of it as well. His build is one of motivations to fab up my own stuff and go enjoy it
Haha, I don't know if I share the attention to detail as much as Nate does, but I do try to keep mine clean
Unread 11-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #202
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
Haha, I don't know if I share the attention to detail as much as Nate does, but I do try to keep mine clean
I've driven from Illinois to Traverse City and never saw so many cars rusting apart. It seems you have to keep it clean if you want to keep it alive
Unread 11-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #203
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
I've driven from Illinois to Traverse City and never saw so many cars rusting apart. It seems you have to keep it clean if you want to keep it alive
No doubt about it. My frame gets a good cleanup every spring.
Unread 12-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #204
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

A little bit of an update. I've neglected the Jeep a bit and haven't taken it out in a while. I've been too busy having fun in this

I did get rear ended by a drunk driver while waiting at a light. The dude tried to get away but the police caught up to him a couple miles away. Just need to get all that sorted out and then i'll show the jeep some love. I need to get it ready for the snow. Hopefully there is more this year than last year

Unread 12-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #205
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That's sweet man! And bummer about the rear end. But atleast your gonna get some jeep money from it

I have also been busy neglecting the jeep

Just bought one of these myself

We should take the rzr's out sometime!!! Idk anyone else with one hahah
image-2050125562.jpg

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #206
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01
That's sweet man! And bummer about the rear end. But atleast your gonna get some jeep money from it I have also been busy neglecting the jeep Just bought one of these myself We should take the rzr's out sometime!!! Idk anyone else with one hahah
Nice! They are pretty fun. Sometimes its nice to be able to go fast haha. We mostly do Glamis but sometimes take them to lake arrowhead/big bear. Up dishpan springs
Unread 01-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #207
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've been offroaing a couple times since the last time. Nothing really special so no pics besides one from a night run last weekend. Thinking of running john bull this weekend so i'm excited to wheel on some real rocks

Unread 02-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #208
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I ran John Bull in Big Bear yesterday. It was pretty easy overall except for a couple of spots but I didnt need a tug or rock stacking. We didnt get to the trailhead till after 10am and moved very slowly due to trying to minimize the scraping for a couple of the rigs. We got off the trail and aired up as it was getting dark and starting to snow.

John Bull is my new favorite trail but I need to uprade my jeep more so im not scraping everywhere and so the suspension works a little better. It was a good day and im excited to try out some harder trails

Getting to the beginning of John Bull (lots of ice)

At the trailhead

Making my way through the gatekeeper

This is what the trail looks like for most of the way

Making my way up the second tough spot. I struggled the most here. The rest of the group went through the right side which was a little bit easier

A poser pic

And getting off the trail
Unread 02-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #209
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice. You should try Motino Wash sometime I think you would like it.

Yep getting rid of the shovel does wonders. Agree with you on the suspension as well mine could use some work.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #210
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Nice. You should try Motino Wash sometime I think you would like it.

Yep getting rid of the shovel does wonders. Agree with you on the suspension as well mine could use some work.
Yeah motino and cougar buttes are two places i've been wanting to go. I want to go to 4" soon. Im usually in front without a spotter and my gas tank skid and shovel are rock magnets. Id be happy just to have my suspension where yours is

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.