_KONG_'s Build/Wheeling Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 10:28 AM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
You want a trackbar with a heim or JJ on the frame end.
Also the current extension bracket that you have will just put more strain on the frame bracket, the stock bracket does rip of or crack under heavy trail use as is. Rockkrawler and RE make an add on bracket that goes to the frame as well and is a much better add on than you have now

Something like this

http://www.rockkrawler.com/images/TJ_TBARS_03.jpg




My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
You want a trackbar with a heim or JJ on the frame end.
Also the current extension bracket that you have will just put more strain on the frame bracket, the stock bracket does rip of or crack under heavy trail use as is. Rockkrawler and RE make an add on bracket that goes to the frame as well and is a much better add on than you have now

Something like this

http://www.rockkrawler.com/images/TJ_TBARS_03.jpg

I had an issue back in the day with the trakbar being too short so rough country sent me the bracket for their 4-6 inch lift which looked just like that rockcrawler one. When i set it in place to look at it i noticed it was right over my tierod and i would have needed massive bumpstops to run it.

The one i have now has a rod end on the axle side so im just going to leave it on as a temporary think till i save enough for the currie one
_KONG_ is offline  
post #63 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 11:10 AM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,285
The Currie trackbar isn't bad, however you are going to find that the big bolt that goes through it and mounts it to the frame bracket will come loose, no matter how much you tighten it. Been there done that.

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
 
post #64 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
Thats interesting. Its the first time ive heard that. Maybe it would be better to make what i have now work. I was thinking of putting a jj on the axle side since the rod end it has now has some play. Or maybe like you said and get a trackbar with a heim on the frame end
_KONG_ is offline  
post #65 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 12:23 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,285
Truthfully to do it once and to do it right take a look at the rockkrawler bracket. It will pretty much keep the frame bracket from cracking at the webbing or keep it from ripping of the frame all together.
Then either get their trackbar or use an RE one or add heims on both ends of the one you have

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #66 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
If you have a trackbar with one heim does it matter what side its on? Or will the side its on see less stress? Wouldnt a trackbar with heims on both ends flop over?
_KONG_ is offline  
post #67 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 01:58 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
If you have a trackbar with one heim does it matter what side its on? Or will the side its on see less stress? Wouldnt a trackbar with heims on both ends flop over?
It would but you can mostly limit that. The bushing should be at the axle end since there is the least amount of rotation there.

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #68 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
It would but you can mostly limit that. The bushing should be at the axle end since there is the least amount of rotation there.
Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into it further and see what I come up with. Btw im catching up on your build. The jeeps look great and the buggy too. Ill keep an eye out to see what direction you go with it
_KONG_ is offline  
post #69 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into it further and see what I come up with. Btw im catching up on your build. The jeeps look great and the buggy too. Ill keep an eye out to see what direction you go with it
I go only one direction lol forward to bigger nastier stuff It just helps a lot to built stuff right the first time and use parts that hold up well and make you avoid potential future issues

My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #70 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
I go only one direction lol forward to bigger nastier stuff It just helps a lot to built stuff right the first time and use parts that hold up well and make you avoid potential future issues
I hear IFS builds are all the rage these days. That would be a new direction for ya
_KONG_ is offline  
post #71 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 04:12 PM
aw12345
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ontario
Posts: 7,285
Gotta tear this thing up on a trail first.
My next built will be inspired by this Jeep looking buggy, very sweet ride


My Tinkering and wheeling thread http://tinyurl.com/pbwdm5u
aw12345 is offline  
post #72 of 390 Old 09-05-2012, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
Very sweet indeed. One day
_KONG_ is offline  
post #73 of 390 Old 09-07-2012, 07:12 AM
clg82
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ridgecrest
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
Thats interesting. Its the first time ive heard that. Maybe it would be better to make what i have now work. I was thinking of putting a jj on the axle side since the rod end it has now has some play. Or maybe like you said and get a trackbar with a heim on the frame end
Maybe since you have trouble following logic, you should try and think logically and before putting any more money into your rig you swap out that boat anchor of a dana 35 in the rear. That way whoever your wheeling with won't have to tow you back when it breaks, just because you wanted to put JJ everywhere first......
clg82 is offline  
post #74 of 390 Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82

Maybe since you have trouble following logic, you should try and think logically and before putting any more money into your rig you swap out that boat anchor of a dana 35 in the rear. That way whoever your wheeling with won't have to tow you back when it breaks, just because you wanted to put JJ everywhere first......
My 35 gas held up just fine on 33s and unlocked. Im sure many here would agree that it holds up with smart driving. Your argument is also assuming i don't know how to fix what i break and cant get myself rolling again. You would be wrong. You are also assuming i don't carry spare parts. My education has priority over what rear axle my jeep has and it holds up fine for now because i know how to drive. But i wouldn't expect you to understand that either. Go troll somewhere else
_KONG_ is offline  
post #75 of 390 Old 09-07-2012, 09:39 AM
clg82
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ridgecrest
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
My 35 gas held up just fine on 33s and unlocked. Im sure many here would agree that it holds up with smart driving. Your argument is also assuming i don't know how to fix what i break and cant get myself rolling again. You would be wrong. You are also assuming i don't carry spare parts. My education has priority over what rear axle my jeep has and it holds up fine for now because i know how to drive. But i wouldn't expect you to understand that either. Go troll somewhere else
clg82 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Sebastian's YJ Build and Wheeling Thread sebastian22 Jeep Builds 209 08-24-2016 09:45 PM
Just Another Build Thread JeepnBlake Jeep Builds 64 08-12-2015 11:30 AM
CJ5 build thread hybridmoments Jeep Builds 195 10-24-2012 11:31 PM
My not really a build thread build thread.. CapeCodGuy Jeep Builds 3 08-04-2010 04:15 PM
my build thread Glenn5 Jeep Builds 3 05-18-2010 08:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome