__XXJ's 1999 Cherokee Classic "My first Jeep!" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > __XXJ's 1999 Cherokee Classic "My first Jeep!"

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-18-2014, 01:39 AM   #1
__XXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

__XXJ's 1999 Cherokee Classic "My first Jeep!"

Hey guys!

I'm glad to be joining such an awesome community of enthusiasts, just today I picked up my first Jeep ever for the low, low price of $700.

Heres a couple of the details:
-1999 Cherokee Classic
-310,000 KMS (Hope this doesn't bite me in the ***)
-Chili Pepper red which is awesome
-Automatic with 4x4

There is a couple issues I'll be tackling over the next couple weeks while Alberta is still hot and not 5 ft below in the white stuff:
-Driver side master control neither locks doors or controls windows
-Driver side seat has broken off sliders held down with a vice grip
-Passenger side fender, fender flare and rear bumper cap need to be replaced
-Brakes front and rear are mushy
-Rear hatch doesn't open
-Has a few rust spots here and there, underbody looked clean
-Engine is going to get new valve cover gasket, manifold gasket and all fresh fluids

I've been on youtube and forums for over 3 months now ogling at lifted XJ's of all types, I've loved the look of them since I was a kid and now I'm proud to say I own one.

My plans for the future include:
-4.5 lift on 33's
-New sound system and reupholstered headliner
-Metal front and rear bumpers with flat flares
-Much more lol.

I really want to use this as my daily driver that can handle all the elements, take my bike and kayak with me where I couldn't usually go, go on road trips to my dream destination (Calgary - Vancouver yes please) and much more.

Always appreciate feedback and tips, thanks for listening to my little intro, heres some pics to hold you over, sorry it needs a bad *** cleaning after sitting for 3 months.

20140717_215551 by SlickA70, on Flickr
20140717_215616 by SlickA70, on Flickr
20140717_215603 by SlickA70, on Flickr

MORE TO COME !

__XXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.