__XXJ's 1999 Cherokee Classic "My first Jeep!" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > __XXJ's 1999 Cherokee Classic "My first Jeep!"

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-18-2014, 12:39 AM   #1
__XXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

__XXJ's 1999 Cherokee Classic "My first Jeep!"

Hey guys!

I'm glad to be joining such an awesome community of enthusiasts, just today I picked up my first Jeep ever for the low, low price of $700.

Heres a couple of the details:
-1999 Cherokee Classic
-310,000 KMS (Hope this doesn't bite me in the ***)
-Chili Pepper red which is awesome
-Automatic with 4x4

There is a couple issues I'll be tackling over the next couple weeks while Alberta is still hot and not 5 ft below in the white stuff:
-Driver side master control neither locks doors or controls windows
-Driver side seat has broken off sliders held down with a vice grip
-Passenger side fender, fender flare and rear bumper cap need to be replaced
-Brakes front and rear are mushy
-Rear hatch doesn't open
-Has a few rust spots here and there, underbody looked clean
-Engine is going to get new valve cover gasket, manifold gasket and all fresh fluids

I've been on youtube and forums for over 3 months now ogling at lifted XJ's of all types, I've loved the look of them since I was a kid and now I'm proud to say I own one.

My plans for the future include:
-4.5 lift on 33's
-New sound system and reupholstered headliner
-Metal front and rear bumpers with flat flares
-Much more lol.

I really want to use this as my daily driver that can handle all the elements, take my bike and kayak with me where I couldn't usually go, go on road trips to my dream destination (Calgary - Vancouver yes please) and much more.

Always appreciate feedback and tips, thanks for listening to my little intro, heres some pics to hold you over, sorry it needs a bad *** cleaning after sitting for 3 months.

20140717_215551 by SlickA70, on Flickr
20140717_215616 by SlickA70, on Flickr
20140717_215603 by SlickA70, on Flickr

MORE TO COME !

__XXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.