99 XJ build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 99 XJ build

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 08-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #16
Iceman3001
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Centered the front axle and put new Tom woods drive shaft in the rear, cleaned up the old front one and put some new u-joints in.

Iceman3001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #17
Iceman3001
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Installed the JCR stage 3 sliders, and used some rust inhibitor paint to coat the sliders and the frame stiffeners. While I was painting them I decided to paint to lower door panels and the quarter panels with the same stuff. It is turing out good, I will get some pics up soon.
Unread 09-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #18
Iceman3001
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Just did some tweaking and alignments and decided to go have a barbecue on Sunday, so why not take the Jeeps and play around up in the trails. I found that I need bump stops in the rear really bad. No damage but if I was going faster it would have.
dscn0335.jpg   dscn0336.jpg   dscn0338.jpg  
Unread 09-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #19
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3001 View Post
Just did some tweaking and alignments and decided to go have a barbecue on Sunday, so why not take the Jeeps and play around up in the trails. I found that I need bump stops in the rear really bad. No damage but if I was going faster it would have.
Lookin pretty good! The rock rails fit nicely with over all scheme... So what kind of damage are we talkin about?
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 02:38 AM   #20
Iceman3001
1999 XJ Cherokee 

No damage just took some of the paint off the inside of the wheel wells, The tire fits tight in the wheel wells in the back. I was going up the road on the last picture up there and the right back tire got stuffed so bad that it wouldn't move, both passengers had to get out and rock me a bit to get the tire loose. I ordered some rear extended bump stops some and some front stops along with limiting straps. I also have access to a mig welder so debating to chop the rear panels some more before I get the bump stops on.
Unread 09-16-2011, 02:53 AM   #21
Iceman3001
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Did some work on the rear lower quarter panels, chopped them at the bulge like most people have done, now I just have to weld or rivet the area so its water tight. I think I might try to route my exhaust through that spot, seems like a good spot to have the exhaust pipe exit, then it won't rattle on my gas tank skid any more.
Unread 09-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #22
Iceman3001
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Finished the quarter panels with some bed liner and went over all the paint exterior black with the bed liner, the paint I used before wasn't UV proof. While I had the paint out,I ripped the carpet out of the cargo area and painted that too. I made some extended bump stops for the rear but for got to take pics of that, will get some when I install the fronts in the next few days.
webdscn0797.jpg   webdscn0796.jpg   webdscn0795.jpg   webdscn0794.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.