My build should be starting soon, I have been planning for awhile now, this is the list I have came up with as of now. All this stuff is on order and some has been installed. I hope most of this stuff will be here by the end of the month.
6.5 in Iron Rock Off Road Long arm lift with Bilstein 5150 Shocks
OTK IRO setup
Dynatrack Pro rock 44 front/ Pro Rock 60 Rear
Tom Woods Drive shaft
ARB Front and Rear
ARB air compressor
DC-2 17x9 with 4.5 bs
JCR stage 3 rock sliders
Smittybuilt gas tank skid
Kargo Master Rack
HIDX 7in lights
ProComp 5in lights
Retrofit HID headlights
OR-Fab front winch bumper
Warn 9.0RC winch
Along with this list of there is always the work that goes with installing everything correctly and making it look good and function well. Like trimming my fenders and frame stiffeners. I have them prepped but just need to find time to finish. I will keep this updated as I make progress of the installs.
I got a lot done over the weekend, Bumper is on, with the winch installed, wired and cleaned up. Got the gas tank skid on, but was a beotch cause it wouldn't clear the tow bar. Its not a stock tow bar it is after market but thought I could get it on there with out removing. Thank god for power tools. Started on my fenders, cutting and folding away.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons,
but in the very least you need a beer." — Frank Zappa
Well its been like a month since I updated this, I have done a lot, it is now rolling on the new axles, and lift. I had some issues and had to go to Germany for a week but in about three weeks here what I have done. Here is the rear dana 60 with new brake lines all hooked up.
Here is the front with the long arm finally connected, had some missing parts and had to use the short arms for about a week until I got the ball joints connected on the frame side. This week I am going to get everything welded up, frame stiffeners and cross member welded and tied in to beef up the strength of that. There is a pic of the over the knuckle steering which works good so far, i need a steering stabilizer so will be shopping some time this week for that. More or less done just need to get measurements for drive shafts and do the SYE in the rear.
Simply Amazing! That's a lot of high dollar mods goin' on. Those axles are mean, and one upgrade I wish I could afford. And finally... I get to see what the ORFab bumper looks like on a fellow 99 XJ.... might be reconsidering that one after all now.
5" of lift, 33's. Armored, Lighted, Chipped, & Locked up Front. Soon to come: winch, gears, axle shafts, and more...
My Build Thread: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/first-jeep-99-xj-build-970888/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/first-jeep-99-xj-build-970888/[/URL]
[COLOR="Black"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought - Senior Member[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Had to cut the Iron Y and re weld, if you look in the pic of the upper axle mount it was putting to much stress on the upper mount. So when i would hit a bump, it would tug and grind on the top of the axle. The zinc coated part was contacting just a bit. I flipped that part upside down and drilled a new hole.
Did a tape measure alignment and centered my steering wheel following some of the tips on here, which worked amazing, it rides perfect now.
Installed ARB compressor and hooked up the air lines front and back.
Installed alarm, which took awhile but was worth it.
Got the frame stiffeners welded in and rust proofed with some spray. I am going to be doing sye soon and hope to have that done by this weekend.
The whole front axle was swapped, the outers are JK Knuckles/Ball Joints/Hub Bearings/12" Diameter Disc Brakes I had them redrill so I could use 5x4.5 but should have just kept the stock JK, there seems to be more options on bigger rims in JK bolt pattern.
Took the XJ over to a hobby shop and balanced the front tires myself, I used all their weight so only got two tires done. Ordered the drive shaft, that should be here in a few days. I cut the IRO upper control arm off and installed the adjustable JKS upper control arms. It made the ride so much more stable. With these control arms on it handles on bumps much more predictable. After I installed them my axle has shifted to the passenger side a bit, just need to adjust the track bar to center the front axle.