99 TJ, What to do? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 99 TJ, What to do?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
GermanyChris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

99 TJ, What to do?

I'll be taking delivery of this jeep in the middle of next month. I am in the process of selling things including my current car to put the money together. It's a 99 TJ as the title say it has what appears to be a 3" teraflex lift, the tire are brand new 33/12.50 coopers, it has a 4.0L , auto with a K&N CAI. It has three additional tops, a hard top stand, inside jack mount, roof rack, a rack above the spare and various other accessories. It has an Dana 44 in the rear and a 30 (I assume) up front. The bumpers are custom and need some TLC. There is no immediate need to do anything to the Jeep that I can see. I will put a snorkel on it in the spring because I love them and they are the cleanest place to grab air. I live in Germany and work for the Army so there is no rock and very few trails in my future even then I would not build it as a trail machine. I love expedition type vehicles G-wagons, Range Rovers and their ilk and would like to build an American version of those. What would you do next if this were your Jeep?

jeep.jpg  
GermanyChris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
ShakaBrahTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good. I'd put some off-road lights on it and make sure you have a descent sound system. Personally I like black rims too, so I'd probably paint them. Other than that, looks and sounds like you're set for now. Good luck.
ShakaBrahTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
herklord
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sell it and buy a manual
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
GermanyChris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, I can't decide how much I like the silver wheels either powder coating is cheap and easy but a pain to get off if I don't like the result
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
GermanyChris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herklord View Post
Sell it and buy a manual
Jeeps are hard to come by and über expensive here. I'm good with an automatic for now I haven't had one sine the mid 90's
Unread 01-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
GermanyChris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

New Seats

So I got these seats (plus the rear) off ebay out of a ZJ. According to the internet they are a drop in replacement for TJ seats. As you can see they are power, for those of you that have done this how do you rung power and what connector do you need. I'd also be great if someone could point me to the pin out if there is not connector I can pick up.
screen-shot-2013-01-16-9.09.58-pm.jpg  
Unread 03-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #7
Laredo-Alex
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hi Chris, there are a few trails in Germany. Where are you from? Have you seen the german Jeep-Forum? Go to jcd-Forum.de and you'll find a lot Jeep-Fans there ;-)

If you need some "help" write a pm ;-)

When you work at the Army, why don't you ship all the cheap parts with the Army to Germany? ;-)
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
GermanyChris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo-Alex View Post
Hi Chris, there are a few trails in Germany. Where are you from? Have you seen the german Jeep-Forum? Go to jcd-Forum.de and you'll find a lot Jeep-Fans there ;-)

If you need some "help" write a pm ;-)

When you work at the Army, why don't you ship all the cheap parts with the Army to Germany? ;-)

Not all companies will ship to an APO particularly when the weight starts to increase. I do order small stuff from the States and I think I found an ebay seller that will ship odd armor here but….

I live in near Ansbach, but work in Stuttgart. I've heard there is ORV by the french border and I'm assuming there are accessible trails in Czech but I don't know any of this for sure.

Thanks for the lead on the Jeep forum it'll help me in my continued pursuit of written German
Unread 03-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
Laredo-Alex
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey Chris, did you mount the ZJ-seats in your TJ? Do they fit? I think they would be a little bit too thick or not?

Okay, the shipping from the US to Germany is really expensive if the weight is high

Yes, there are two ORV near the french boarder. Next month is free driving in "Eisenberg", thats near Kaiserslautern where's a US-Base aswell. Maybee you've got the chance to contact other US-Jeeper in Germany aswell. ;-)
Unread 03-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
GermanyChris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo-Alex View Post
Hey Chris, did you mount the ZJ-seats in your TJ? Do they fit? I think they would be a little bit too thick or not?

Okay, the shipping from the US to Germany is really expensive if the weight is high

Yes, there are two ORV near the french boarder. Next month is free driving in "Eisenberg", thats near Kaiserslautern where's a US-Base aswell. Maybee you've got the chance to contact other US-Jeeper in Germany aswell. ;-)
I haven't played with them yet..

It's really expensive anyway. I've been here 9 years or so there are things I will use the German system of and things I'l use the American system for. Shipping outside the EU is something I use the Americans for, Groceries on the other hand come from the Germans.

There is an American off road club in Kaiserslautern, the have a Facebook page so I keep up with them a bit some are even active here.
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #11
GermanyChris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So I got the Jeep stuck last night, the money that was going to be spent on lockers will now go to a winch first..It was no fun to find someone to pull me out at 10PM in the rain. The tires filled up and wouldn't clear I couldn't pay for traction. The STT's are not mud tires that's for sure.
jeep-1-.jpg   jeep-2-.jpg  
Unread 05-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
ShakaBrahTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, winches are good, especially wheeling alone. Wish I had one too.

Also, might want to hurry and at least get that mud off your soft top. I waited a week after mudding before I washed mine and now I can't get it out of the top. Gonna check JF, because I believe I read once one someone getting it out of theirs.
ShakaBrahTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.