99 purple xj soon to be monstrous - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 99 purple xj soon to be monstrous

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #46
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanker67 View Post
haha im a ******* i was confused with all the purple i rarely see. hah, i live in WV now, sadly, but i'll look when i visit! hah
o man you'll have to send me a message let me know when your down show you the jeep in personnnn

Unread 02-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #47
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

haha yeah. sadly i wont have mine, we take the fuel efficient car on our long trips to jersey, haha 35 mpg compared to 20
Shanker67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #48
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

o trust me i would to thats a Big difference ahahaha
Unread 02-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #49
98_classic
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I miss my purple xj!

Do yourself a favor and don't park yours under a 120 year old maple tree!

99 TJ Sahara - 3" FT economy lift, JKS disco's, 33 x 12.50 BFG MT's on silver D-windows, 1" BL/MML, smittybilt tire carrier
98_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #50
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

OH NO! Oh man that actually made me gasp out loud, insurance surely totalled that, sorry man
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #51
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
OH NO! Oh man that actually made me gasp out loud, insurance surely totalled that, sorry man
my girlfriend just had a heart attack and gasped also lol, R.I.P. one less purple xj on the road :'(
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #52
turpehar
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaketj View Post
looks great! Yours is only the third Purple XJ I've seen on here
Here's another.
dsc01914.jpg   dsc03536.jpg  

(Trial + error)*Upgrades) - $² = (mac-n-cheese/hot dogs)+experience

https://www.facebook.com/CentralILOffRoad

http://centraliloffroad.com/
turpehar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #53
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

awesomeeeeeeeee
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #54
kaketj
beef jerky and grease....

cool! four now! anybody else?
New toy. ZO6
kaketj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #55
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i need some comments on this thread and maybe some ideas for what to do next? i have a light bar in mind
Unread 02-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #56
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

light bar on the roof is nice but really only 100 percent useful when you wheel, i was gonna do it but i wheel next to never. Most of my light improvements are aimed at the road and bad weather, that being saiiiid if your the same way you should get some nice fogs, you know how ocean county gets...always nice to have some good fogs and driving lights.

Hell while your at it, get a new bumper to mount those new lights on! Thats what i'm saving for right now, new bumper!
Unread 02-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #57
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
light bar on the roof is nice but really only 100 percent useful when you wheel, i was gonna do it but i wheel next to never. Most of my light improvements are aimed at the road and bad weather, that being saiiiid if your the same way you should get some nice fogs, you know how ocean county gets...always nice to have some good fogs and driving lights.

Hell while your at it, get a new bumper to mount those new lights on! Thats what i'm saving for right now, new bumper!
im aiming at exactly what your saying i never wheel it, but a light bar in nice and cheap 80 bucks for 4 lights on ebay with free reverse lights, and all i gotta do is get a roof rack bar and wire it all up, bumper im saving for cause thats big cash and i still wanna lift it another 3 inch's with some 33's so over the summer is when ill be getting my big cash for sure. and i want a rear tire carrier once i get onto the 33's
Unread 02-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #58
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

hell yeah man, for 80bucks its a good thing to do. I'm waiting for tax return to get my new bumper, i'm gonna paint some interior parts, change some more lights to LED's.

Spring time i'm adding 2 inches, i'd love to get a new rear bumper/tirecarrier but they are so damn expensive!
have you dropped your TC yet?
Unread 02-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #59
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

didn't drop the transfer case yet, gonna order a sye and tom woods drive shaft so i don't have to drop it for my clearance
Unread 02-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #60
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpmasterflex View Post
didn't drop the transfer case yet, gonna order a sye and tom woods drive shaft so i don't have to drop it for my clearance
you could go the hack-n-tap route with the SYE and save a good bit of money. I got mine from Iron Rock Offroad for 200$ drive shaft and all. Its not the easiest thing to install, but it works well and is plenty strong enough for most peoples uses.

I Did the TC drop thing for a while and hated it, it looks odd, it screwed up the exhaust, and it got caught on everything. one good thing about it is the TC drop spacers have the same (or close enough) bolt pattern as the rear bump stops, so with some longer bolts can be use the space the bump stops down.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bushwacker , cherokee , girl , rough country , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.