99 purple xj soon to be monstrous - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 99 purple xj soon to be monstrous

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #361
glen6251

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
No No...that was a BLATANT hijacking.....
No No... almost all the updates on this build arm from me and i built it = not hijacking just posted next build. but i can see where you would say it was blatant hijacking but i can assure you it was not

Unread 11-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #362
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post
Why no updates? I miss seeing this jeep...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamstar6 View Post
x2
Ahhh i'm sorry i haven't forgotten... I just ordered paint for my diff covers. Haven't had money to do much. Long story... I am in the market for 35s though! I have been looking and hope to get some as soon as I pay a few other things off. I'm going to keep my wheels, and might buy some brand new 35s, if I don't find nice used ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen6251 View Post
not trying to hijack but i used to update this thread but i have a new cherokee im building so follow my thread for lots of good updates
Quote:
No No...that was a BLATANT hijacking.....

Sorrrryyy to disappoint you alllllll.... soon, I promise. My birthday is this weekend so I think that's worthy of buying myself some jeep thingsss
Unread 11-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #363
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpmasterflex View Post
..... My birthday is this weekend so I think that's worthy of buying myself some jeep things
ALWAYS IS!!!!
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #364
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Sorrrryyy to disappoint you alllllll.... soon, I promise. My birthday is this weekend so I think that's worthy of buying myself some jeep thingsss
Well I sure as **** am not going to do it!

Did you ever get your axles under there? i can't remember...
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #365
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post
Well I sure as **** am not going to do it!

Did you ever get your axles under there? i can't remember...
I just replaced the back with the 44. The front is still the hpd30. Regeared to 4.88s. Trutrac posi in the rear, spartan locker up front.
Unread 12-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #366
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I just replaced the back with the 44. The front is still the hpd30. Regeared to 4.88s. Trutrac posi in the rear, spartan locker up front.
I just bought the gears for my ChryCo 8.25 and hpd30... to be honest I wish I had held out and gone with full width d60s and I can't justify spendint the money on axles 2 times haha. I will be building a trail rig some day thoug so maybe ill have them then!

Sent from under my Jeep.
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #367
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

so what the hell i guess we aren't all jeeping next time i'm in TR? fix that ****!
Shanker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #368
Jeepenjimmy440
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
it's been a while but i have updates!

At the carlisle chrysler car show i took 2nd place in my class!!

I picked up a front stinger bumper that has two d ring mounts and a 2 inch hitch receiver. It's sanded down and prepped for paint and should be done this week, hopefully installed too. I'll post pictures when it's on.
prepping the bumper for paint

still no news on when smittybilt will be releasing my rear bumper tire carrier that i paid for back in october.... Yes, almost a year now...
However, as soon as it comes in it will be installed and i will have pictures up.

The dana 44 will be getting a complete rebuild which will include 4.88 gears, locker, axles, and disc brakes and at the same time the hp30 up front will get gears and a locker. Not sure about axles for that yet considering i would love a 44 up front as well.

Once the axles are done i will be ordering 35s, not sure what tire i'm choosing yet.

After all that is done i will be buying/installing rough country's shackle relocation and jks acos up front, long arms (haven't decided on a brand yet),
front and rear driveshafts, a sye, and extended brakelines.

To complete it i will need rock sliders/rocker guards and she will be ready for a trip to rausch creek!!!!!

And of course the list will never end like rock lights, on board air, rear cargo racks for inside the hatch ( dirtbound offroad window storage racks and interior cargo shelf). Then interior such as racing seats and lighting. And more exterior going to tube doors.

The list will never stop!!!!
ohhhhhhhhhh your the person that parked next to me at the chrysler show, i took 3rd place, i had the red xj on 35's
Jeepenjimmy440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #369
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepenjimmy440 View Post
ohhhhhhhhhh your the person that parked next to me at the chrysler show, i took 3rd place, i had the red xj on 35's
Ohhhh nice! Small world
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #370
squirlgod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice xj, nice thread. I got me a purple one too, but it aint quite as big or sweet as yours yet.. Thanks for the inspiration haha
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #371
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirlgod View Post
Nice xj, nice thread. I got me a purple one too, but it aint quite as big or sweet as yours yet.. Thanks for the inspiration haha
Nice!! I love the purple ones good luck with it!!
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #372
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Dude, did you end up getting the dirtbound interior cargo shelf?

May 2014 COTM
robswampthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #373
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

nvjdfhgvbdfbhgjldfvjg

totaled
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #374
NW99XJ
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

WTF?!?!?!
Seriously?
As in a total loss?
NO WAY!!!!
(if this is true, man i hope everyone is ok)
NW99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #375
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
WTF?!?!?!
Seriously?
As in a total loss?
NO WAY!!!!
(if this is true, man i hope everyone is ok)
yupppp the insurance company totaled it over about a foot worth of damage. It was hit by a Golf on the passenger side, they hit the rear tire, destroyed their car, airbags went off. Then the jeep spun and they went under it (lol) and folded bottom corners of the doors with a little rocker damage. It's crazy how theirs looks compared to mine! Good thing it's a tank....

Everyone was okay, and I bought the jeep back for $400 And also luckily, I have full coverage so I'm making out well. Now I can pay off some old debts, and keep my baby!

Tags
bushwacker , cherokee , girl , rough country , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.