99 purple xj soon to be monstrous - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 99 purple xj soon to be monstrous

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #286
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

oh yeah one more thing...one thing no one ever thinks about when selecting gear sizes is how much wheel speed gets made when wheelin...the more gear the less wheel speed at w.o.t.....what this means is if you have too much gear you wont develop any wheel speed in reverse...which when stuck is very important...second remove or check undr the carpet under rear seat often cherokees love to rip in half here....so check often for cracks....and remember if you arent "broke-stuck-or upside down" you aint havin fun

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #287
glen6251

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamstar6 View Post
You know, I actually thought about one of those, but then I thought about it and it would kinda be a pain to fold it down everytime before I pull into the garage.
yea that does not sound like fun at all.... i know i wouldn't do it lol
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #288
glen6251

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
ok so you got a pretty good looking rig there...never really been a fan of anything bolt on but ok...i understand not everyone has fab skills or the equipment...however dont belive anyone if they tell you your d-30 and d-35 axles will hold up...they wont...i used to go thru at least 2 a month running a set of 29"tsl's..in just over 5 years i have litteraly killed 10 or more cherokees...with exception to the good ol 4.0inside...if you want to keep original axles get the superior 30/35 kit and specify 4.56:1 for your gears....that will work for light wheelin anything more than that go to a 8.8 0r a 9" ford in rear...the 8.8 will keep approx same axle width in rear the 9" is a full size....in front run a d44 high pinion out of a ford....also a full width axle but not many options there if buying junkyard parts to keep price down...last off alll your roof lights look great but first hard ride in woods sayy bye-bye....sometimes in order to move forward you must go around/over/under and one thing about a low hanging limb is they love roof lights...i say this from much experience and loss of equipment...lol.....but as i said to start off with good looking rig

no need for the superior kit since there is a d44 going in the rear which i prefer over the 8.8, just personal preference. and we have the hpd30 already in the front. and that will hold up to anything we are going to putt the jeep through. the jeep is not a woods beater. still her daily driver. yes it gets used. but only hill climbs, trail rides, and on rare occasions it sees mud. but thanks for your input but the jeep isn't being built the way you pointed out. its being built in a different direction. the direction that she chose is a great set up for still being able to daily drive and then go off road when needed. which is about every other weekend now
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #289
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

alright so here is the update!!!!!!

new drop down pitman arm
2012-09-04_17-04-27_614

polyurethane tie rod grease boots
2012-09-04_17-34-59_477

and i also put in a new water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, and upper and lower radiator hoses, and to top it off fresh coolant!!
but those pictures are very pointless lol.

And this weekend im going to the Lake George, upstate NY. is anyone up there or around there.
there is a huge classic car show called the Adirondack Nationals with out 2000 cars. such an awesome weekend
http://www.adirondacknationals.com/home.htm

its worth the ride!!!! come check it out
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #290
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

in my defense i wasnt dissin her jeep i was just pointing out some flaws"my opinion not fact" that i thought i saw...and mud is much more forgiving than hills or dry trails...anyways sorry didnt mean to offend anyone.....

Unread 09-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #291
QXj97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Just saw this today and read the whole thing nice jeep.
QXj97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #292
Empty_Pockets
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
in my defense i wasnt dissin her jeep i was just pointing out some flaws"my opinion not fact" that i thought i saw...and mud is much more forgiving than hills or dry trails...anyways sorry didnt mean to offend anyone.....
Mud is one of the worst things, if you aren't meticulous with greasing everything afterwards, and replacing fluids after your stuck. My last xj was my mud truck and within a year I replaced 4 wheel bearings, a ball joint, the entire steering, transfer case, front and rear axles, and engine. Ill take rocks over mud any day.
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #293
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i really like the purple XJ. i didn't even know they existed haha. glad to see another rare color. i don't see too many jeeps my color either...

how's it drive without the SYE and new driveshaft and regear? or have you done those already? i'm wanting to do a 4.5 long arm lift but i don't have the cash for all that up front. only enough for tires, wheels, and lift is my "graduation present" from my parents.
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #294
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you all for the compliments and suggestions!!

And hellooo fellow purple jeeper
Unread 09-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #295
purpmasterflex
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8893 View Post
i really like the purple XJ. i didn't even know they existed haha. glad to see another rare color. i don't see too many jeeps my color either...

how's it drive without the SYE and new driveshaft and regear? or have you done those already? i'm wanting to do a 4.5 long arm lift but i don't have the cash for all that up front. only enough for tires, wheels, and lift is my "graduation present" from my parents.
Yeah it gets very pricey very quick lol.. I have no complaints about how it drives!
Unread 09-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #296
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
Mud is one of the worst things, if you aren't meticulous with greasing everything afterwards, and replacing fluids after your stuck. My last xj was my mud truck and within a year I replaced 4 wheel bearings, a ball joint, the entire steering, transfer case, front and rear axles, and engine. Ill take rocks over mud any day.
In muds defense..it is what it is..just like rocks willbe rocks and hills are hills...as your tires get larger(and) heavier...so should the gear turning it..and to i say that if you run bog tires on itty bitty axles "mud is more frorgiving than rocks or hills"..now as for the list of broken parts from above ive replaced all of those too but only bearings due to mud..oh and jeeps idea that "hey lets save money by eliminating all the grease fittings on our "" offroad vehiclez""....oh and some were replaced due to my own sheer lasiness but most were broken because they were puny and weak....POWER TO THE SKINNY PEDAL....any way ever thought about calling it "Grape Ape"...and i had a jeep i drove daily it would prolly be similar to yours cept hot pink...lol..no not really(the pink part) even tho my girls would love it...lol...but keep up the great work..oh and feel free to come check out my build thread "Special Delivery" and feel free to rant as well...lol

Unread 09-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #297
Empty_Pockets
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep

In muds defense..it is what it is..just like rocks willbe rocks and hills are hills...as your tires get larger(and) heavier...so should the gear turning it..and to i say that if you run bog tires on itty bitty axles "mud is more frorgiving than rocks or hills"..now as for the list of broken parts from above ive replaced all of those too but only bearings due to mud..oh and jeeps idea that "hey lets save money by eliminating all the grease fittings on our "" offroad vehiclez""....oh and some were replaced due to my own sheer lasiness but most were broken because they were puny and weak....POWER TO THE SKINNY PEDAL....any way ever thought about calling it "Grape Ape"...and i had a jeep i drove daily it would prolly be similar to yours cept hot pink...lol..no not really(the pink part) even tho my girls would love it...lol...but keep up the great work..oh and feel free to come check out my build thread "Special Delivery" and feel free to rant as well...lol
In the context, mud is much more.forgiving than dry trails or hills....no, no it is not sorry. Mud is much harder on a vehicle than a dry trail.
Empty_Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #298
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

on the basis that "you can put a man thru school but you cant make him think " im going to bow out of this conversation....i started wheeling xj's back when the only availible lift was 2" spacers for the front and 2" blocks for the rear

Unread 09-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #299
bamstar6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So are you still just sitting on the rough country 4.5 lift? No spacers, shackles or anything?
Unread 09-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #300
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpmasterflex View Post
Yeah it gets very pricey very quick lol.. I have no complaints about how it drives!
i'm not too worried about it cause i have a standard so i can just make it a 4 speed for the time being but i am worried about it still not being very good cause my gears are 3.07 i'm pretty sure. it's already kind of a terd as it is and i live around a lot of hills. i'll have to talk to my dad's buddy he might be able to regears cheap and i can just do 1 at a time.
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bushwacker , cherokee , girl , rough country , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.