98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #301
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

Or for a reasonable amount and someone will buy it soon.

Don't you have a cj eager to wheel?
I need to do the brake lines but rotors and buy rear brake stuff since all the rear brake **** I have kinda disappeared.

[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #302
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

hey some of yall need to move down here to Mississippi so I can have buds to jeep with...lol...we could have crazy jeep adventures...I do have one question tho what kind of trails are there in corn/wheat country? I mean I guess everywhere has it spots...ive been thru Kansas a few times and don't really seemto recall any heavily wooded areas...however not living there I could be very mistaken

Shhhhhh I'm not crazy...It's just the voices in my head
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #303
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep
hey some of yall need to move down here to Mississippi so I can have buds to jeep with...lol...we could have crazy jeep adventures...I do have one question tho what kind of trails are there in corn/wheat country? I mean I guess everywhere has it spots...ive been thru Kansas a few times and don't really seemto recall any heavily wooded areas...however not living there I could be very mistaken
We have the flint hill which is rocky
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

Unread 10-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #304
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

yea yea...you guys and yer rocks....never seen so many people afraid of a little mud...lmfao....granted the cleanup sucks but boy if sure is fun during the ride...and im not talking bout the wet spot in farmer browns field...never quite understood that or the fact that groups of 4wheelers like to ply in the same hole for 30 minutes digging it out for the next guy...my idea of and ideal "orv park" would be muddy hilly rocky nasty and super sloppy...you know hit a few holes, make a hill climb navigate down the other side hit another hole come out of that with wet tires have to make it up a rock ledge then a muddy hill back into some more twisty yucky sloppy holes with rocks repeat all day..one where the trail changes from day to day...what you made yesterday you might not make today...I started out riding a set of trails known as "The Covington Pike Bottoms"...about 20 miles of trails along the wolf river in Memphis TN....sandy muddy hilly river bottoms with a few nice manmade ditches and washouts...the trails literally changed day to day in a big way...but in the late winter it floods fill in all the holes and come spring you start all over....I remember we went one year after the flood went down(waited about a month)...we hit the trails at about 10:30...we had 16 trucks in all, 5 had winches....the downhill trek entering was no biggie hill was pretty dry, and heres where it gets well ii would say interesting...but basicly the first section of trail you went around a couple of thickets down a 4ft drop travers about 200yrds then back up the same little 4ft drop...well see what had happened was...the trails had been under water for so so long that once all 16 of us had made into the depression were literally all stuck where we sat in a line...being as I was running tractor tire I was still able to at least move but unable to navigate up either one of the very small 4ft slants to get out...bad thing was as they sat all the truck were slowly sinking further into the muck...ok just realized how long this story could be so ill get on to the punch line...all in all it took 6 and a half hours to ride approx. 300ft turn around and extract 16 trucks...wives were pissed, kids were crying, everybody was cussing and laughing ...was a great day...

Unread 10-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #305
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
yea yea...you guys and yer rocks....never seen so many people afraid of a little mud...lmfao....granted the cleanup sucks but boy if sure is fun during the ride...and im not talking bout the wet spot in farmer browns field...never quite understood that or the fact that groups of 4wheelers like to ply in the same hole for 30 minutes digging it out for the next guy...my idea of and ideal "orv park" would be muddy hilly rocky nasty and super sloppy...you know hit a few holes, make a hill climb navigate down the other side hit another hole come out of that with wet tires have to make it up a rock ledge then a muddy hill back into some more twisty yucky sloppy holes with rocks repeat all day..one where the trail changes from day to day...what you made yesterday you might not make today...I started out riding a set of trails known as "The Covington Pike Bottoms"...about 20 miles of trails along the wolf river in Memphis TN....sandy muddy hilly river bottoms with a few nice manmade ditches and washouts...the trails literally changed day to day in a big way...but in the late winter it floods fill in all the holes and come spring you start all over....I remember we went one year after the flood went down(waited about a month)...we hit the trails at about 10:30...we had 16 trucks in all, 5 had winches....the downhill trek entering was no biggie hill was pretty dry, and heres where it gets well ii would say interesting...but basicly the first section of trail you went around a couple of thickets down a 4ft drop travers about 200yrds then back up the same little 4ft drop...well see what had happened was...the trails had been under water for so so long that once all 16 of us had made into the depression were literally all stuck where we sat in a line...being as I was running tractor tire I was still able to at least move but unable to navigate up either one of the very small 4ft slants to get out...bad thing was as they sat all the truck were slowly sinking further into the muck...ok just realized how long this story could be so ill get on to the punch line...all in all it took 6 and a half hours to ride approx. 300ft turn around and extract 16 trucks...wives were pissed, kids were crying, everybody was cussing and laughing ...was a great day...
I dream of having local areas to go wheel with other Jeepers. There is one local spot that has a few mud holes and some hills, nothing even moderately difficult though. There are 2 different orv parks about 1.5-2 hours away that have some good trails. I want to put my Jeep through nasty stuff but there isn't a whole lot around this area. One day I will have to wheel with you!
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #306
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I dream of having local areas to go wheel with other Jeepers. There is one local spot that has a few mud holes and some hills, nothing even moderately difficult though. There are 2 different orv parks about 1.5-2 hours away that have some good trails. I want to put my Jeep through nasty stuff but there isn't a whole lot around this area. One day I will have to wheel with you!
Lets go To Tuttle it's a lake bed and rocky and wooded

Unread 10-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #307
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Lets go To Tuttle it's a lake bed and rocky and wooded
It's closed...
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #308
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It's closed...
Well after the damn government gets there **** together we cah

Unread 10-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #309
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Well after the damn government gets there **** together we cah
Ha yea when it reopens we will wheel.
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #310
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

as far as the "government goes"...I would love to rant on this subject but all I will say is, that "its an Obamanation" what has happened to our great country

Unread 10-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #311
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

New shoes fit good.

Unread 10-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #312
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

First the guard dogs now the brown dogs-

Unread 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #313
freaknajeep
1971 DJ 

Ha your previous auto must have been a vw...lol all I see is cresent wrenches and vice grips..yo where the sockets at...Lmfao...ok that was my rant for the day...lol..

I'm still undecided as to what tires I'm gonna go with...I kinda like the Hercules "trail digger mt" in a 32x11.5...decisions decisions....

Unread 10-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #314
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknajeep View Post
Ha your previous auto must have been a vw...lol all I see is cresent wrenches and vice grips..yo where the sockets at...Lmfao...ok that was my rant for the day...lol..

I'm still undecided as to what tires I'm gonna go with...I kinda like the Hercules "trail digger mt" in a 32x11.5...decisions decisions....
For the engine mount through bolt I use 1/2" drive ratchet and 18mm socket on the bolt head then an adjustable wrench on the nut. The vice grips are for a small scissor jack I have which I used to move the engine up a hair to get the through bolt in. That would be funny if I changed my engine mounts with nothing but an adjustable wrench and a pair of vice grips.
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #315
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I just bought retreads as well, the guard dog. They work amazing and for the price you can't beat them. Although I did satatic balance on mine and I'm running the rubicon wheels and they all took 1-2.5 ounces except for one which took 6 ounces but still feels good at 65m.p.h. Jeeps looks great BTW!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/new-xj-project-1360289/
99BlueJP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.