98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 10-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #286
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183
I need to program my alarm clock to the sound of a fedex trucks squealing brakes, that seems to be the only thing that wakes me up in the morning.


__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-xj-gettin-her-trail-ready-1417602/
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #287
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183

Took over a pound of weight to balance 3 of the 4 tires. I ran the rims on the balancer without the tires and the rims are only an ounce off if that. I tried airing the tires down and rotating them 1/4 turn at a time then rebalancing them which didn't help. I even tried removing one tire and flipping it over. Despite the large amount of weight, which should be expected for 70lb retread tires, I balanced them all to 0 and they ride beautiful. I don't care for all the wheel weights, I think I may try airsoft bb balancing.
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-xj-gettin-her-trail-ready-1417602/
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #288
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep
Took over a pound of weight to balance 3 of the 4 tires. I ran the rims on the balancer without the tires and the rims are only an ounce off if that. I tried airing the tires down and rotating them 1/4 turn at a time then rebalancing them which didn't help. I even tried removing one tire and flipping it over. Despite the large amount of weight, which should be expected for 70lb retread tires, I balanced them all to 0 and they ride beautiful. I don't care for all the wheel weights, I think I may try airsoft bb balancing.
Rotate the tires a full turn it took me at most 8oz
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #289
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Rotate the tires a full turn it took me at most 8oz
Except for one that only took 3oz, no matter what I did the other three required over a pound. Either way, I'm removing all the metal weights and throwing 8oz of airsoft bb's in this weekend.
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-xj-gettin-her-trail-ready-1417602/
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #290
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

Except for one that only took 3oz, no matter what I did the other three required over a pound. Either way, I'm removing all the metal weights and throwing 8oz of airsoft bb's in this weekend.
Only 1 of 5 took 8 the rest took close to 3
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #291
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Only 1 of 5 took 8 the rest took close to 3
What type of balancer, which balancing method did you use, and what are your rims made of?
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-xj-gettin-her-trail-ready-1417602/
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #292
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

What type of balancer, which balancing method did you use, and what are your rims made of?
Aluminum wheels. Auto balancer at the local tire shop and the stick on weights so static? Or is that dynamic?
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #293
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Aluminum wheels. Auto balancer at the local tire shop and the stick on weights so static? Or is that dynamic?
I believe that is indeed static, perhaps the greater imbalance in my rims than yours also plays an effect on the total balance. Either way I'm itching to hit a trail.
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-xj-gettin-her-trail-ready-1417602/
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #294
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

I believe that is indeed static, perhaps the greater imbalance in my rims than yours also plays an effect on the total balance. Either way I'm itching to hit a trail.
Oh yeah I know me too. I'm saving my money for the crawler though so it will be a little while.
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #295
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Oh yeah I know me too. I'm saving my money for the crawler though so it will be a little while.
Not wheelin the jk on 35s with no flares?
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-xj-gettin-her-trail-ready-1417602/
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #296
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

Not wheelin the jk on 35s with no flares?
I am and I do just saving money on gas and that is going toward the crawler. I'm goin to go wheelin if my dad goes then he can buy gas
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #297
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,708
If you can find me a buyer for my 2 14 bolts and the d44 front then we will go out for sure
It's just 100$ + in gas alone for me.
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #298
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183
I'll try to forget the wink smiley there but you should list them on craigslist and kcjeepclub.
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-xj-gettin-her-trail-ready-1417602/
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #299
8pitcher
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep
I'll try to forget the wink smiley there but you should list them on craigslist and kcjeepclub.
Haha didn't even notice I did that I blame S8NNG8

I've posted in some Facebook groups. I need to post on CL. For an insane amount because people are dumb
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #300
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Haha didn't even notice I did that I blame S8NNG8

I've posted in some Facebook groups. I need to post on CL. For an insane amount because people are dumb
Or for a reasonable amount and someone will buy it soon.

Don't you have a cj eager to wheel?
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98-xj-gettin-her-trail-ready-1417602/
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.