98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #226
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Not going to frostbite my mom is taking my jeep can I maybe ride along with you?

[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #227
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Not going to frostbite my mom is taking my jeep can I maybe ride along with you?
Damn dude. maybe if you had a ride down there, but on top of that my friend from class is bringing his wife, kids, and brother in law and were going to be crammed full. No way your mom can take the Jeep from noon on and you get down there early? If not we need to hit up this spot north of us when it warms up a bit. Otherwise tuttle is a possibility. A few guys backed out of the convoy due to premature breakage and they are all planning a trip out west next week.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #228
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

Damn dude. maybe if you had a ride down there, but on top of that my friend from class is bringing his wife, kids, and brother in law and were going to be crammed full. No way your mom can take the Jeep from noon on and you get down there early? If not we need to hit up this spot north of us when it warms up a bit. Otherwise tuttle is a possibility. A few guys backed out of the convoy due to premature breakage and they are all planning a trip out west next week.
Alright I think ill just meet ya out there another day.
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

Unread 02-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #229
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Im officially done with the fender trimming, just in time for wheelin. Heres a few pictures, going to work on the videos next. I never got stuck, had to recover both the hummer and white xj in the pictures though!

I could get about 6in higher to the point it was rocking back and forth, I let it down a hair so I could get out and check the flex.

Unread 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #230
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 02-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #231
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

nice trim .. looks really clean
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #232
thenewguy79
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Man. Looks like you got her set up nice! I don't think your video link is working though
thenewguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #233
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy79 View Post
Man. Looks like you got her set up nice! I don't think your video link is working though
Thanks! Im gettin her trail ready! Heres a direct link to youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyhNf...ature=youtu.be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
nice trim .. looks really clean
Thanks man, Im happy with the outcome.
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #234
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Damn wish I was there. Next event for sure I'm gonna preregister so I have to go. Haha looks like fun. We gotta hang sometime maybe after this next storm.

Unread 02-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #235
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Damn wish I was there. Next event for sure I'm gonna preregister so I have to go. Haha looks like fun. We gotta hang sometime maybe after this next storm.
Sounds like a plan. Dont feel down about not making this event, it was fun to go wheelin but theres so many more events to make. I told you about the legal local spot as well. Lets aim for getting the cj ready if not you could take the jk. Dont try to get it finished before its road ready, just get it driveable and take it from there. Once you get it on a trail your desire to wheel increases so fast your going to start working on it non stop. Im game to hang out and talk Jeeps after the snow. Drive safe man.

Last edited by straightsixjeep; 02-25-2013 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: video not linking
Unread 02-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #236
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

man I just watched your video.... you are brave for driving though that cold water ...
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #237
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
man I just watched your video.... you are brave for driving though that cold water ...
Probably not the best idea but it sure was fun.
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #238
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

looked super fun ....

i was just thinking .... how much it would suck to have to get in that water to hook your self up to a winch if you got stuck ... nothing worse than freezing cold water haha but thats just my pu$$y side
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #239
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I figured its time for an update. I have only wheeled the Jeep a few times since the last update. I finally managed to get the front hockey puck bump stops in.

Dropped the track bar to get the coil springs out. Had to pull the axle over to get it hooked back up.
[/URL

Just ordered the extended shackles and relocation kit today! Pics when they arrive.
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #240
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

RC Shackle relocation kit and extended shackle are in. In the current position, the rear has lost a half inch of lift over the original add a leaf. I need to move the shackle one hole back to help gain lift and to get the shackle angle a bit close to 45*.

Next up Im going to trim the lip off the front fenders then start on rock sliders.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.