98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #151
thenewguy79
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe View Post

Where can I get them if mine are shot? I don't think we have a leaf shop around here lol,
They might be in the box with the aals you wanted I will check and let you know

thenewguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #152
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy79

They might be in the box with the aals you wanted I will check and let you know
:Cheers: and and thanks griffin for *****ing about my blocks enough for this guy to notice!!
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #153
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe View Post
:Cheers: and and thanks griffin for *****ing about my blocks enough for this guy to notice!!
Anytime
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #154
thenewguy79
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Are these cheap spring pads or something?
image-788605998.jpg  
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #155
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy79 View Post
Are these cheap spring pads or something?
No, that is part is the leaf spring clamp. Typically you have 2-3 clamps per leaf pack. Once you put all the leafs together and you have the plastic friction pads between the leafs, insert the centering pin and tighten in. Now clamp one end of the leaf pack and put the bottom part of the clamp into place.
Then slide the top piece over those two arms, then hammer the arms down.
Then release the clamp and your leafs will be secured.
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #156
thenewguy79
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ok cool. Guess the spacers weren't in with aals😡
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #157
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy79 View Post
Ok cool. Guess the spacers weren't in with aals😡
They are usually not in the kit. The metal clamps will be, but not the friction pads. Either buy some offline, find a auto part store that carries them, or cut up an antifreeze container to use.
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #158
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Love the XJ man ! I bet your xj does really well off road.. smart build .. great tire size choice for the gears and axles, lockers awesome and tires are sick!!
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #159
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
Love the XJ man ! I bet your xj does really well off road.. smart build .. great tire size choice for the gears and axles, lockers awesome and tires are sick!!
Thanks a lot bud means a lot coming from you. Im glad I didnt go with 33's or Id really have to consider a different gear ratio. With 31's and the 3.07's it isnt bad at all. To make up for any power loss instead of re-gearing, Il just add goodies to the engine. Next week, thanks to your tips, Im going to do the cowl intake. After that Il pick some some Neon 703 injectors. I wont get to crazy until the engine needs a rebuild, then Il stroke it, header, cam...

Im real happy with the Aussie locker, Its not as easy to get stuck now. Im done welding and grinding on my 1/4 panels, now I just need to lay down some primer then 3m undercoat. I have a big wheelin event coming up in two weeks and Im thinking about doing the fender cut/fold by then. I wanted to rig up my lawn edging flares but since they aren't required around here I may not mount them up quite yet.

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #160
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice cut and fold .. its the only way to go ... Yea 31 really do so much better than 33's in the end if you don't have gears.

heres a good read on the injectors ( you have prob seen it, but is a great thread) http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=92236.

but yea Neon's with the part # ending in 703 are the way to go for sure!
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #161
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Nice cut and fold .. its the only way to go ... Yea 31 really do so much better than 33's in the end if you don't have gears.

heres a good read on the injectors ( you have prob seen it, but is a great thread) http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=92236.

but yea Neon's with the part # ending in 703 are the way to go for sure!
Thanks for the link but Im not sure if its working for me. I went to the junkyard a few weeks ago and found a couple 95-97' neons but none were 703's. If I recall they were the 784's. I read that 98' was the split year for cherokees whether they got the 703's or the 784's, Im quite sure I need the 703's though. Il have to check again next time Im at a parts yard. Im really excited for this cowl intake, has yours been holding up good? Im siked for the slight mpg increase and the sound at WOT. Im just not sure where it sucks the clean are in from. After Im done painting the quarters I may pull the cowl vent and take a look around.
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #162
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Thanks for the link but Im not sure if its working for me. I went to the junkyard a few weeks ago and found a couple 95-97' neons but none were 703's. If I recall they were the 784's. I read that 98' was the split year for cherokees whether they got the 703's or the 784's, Im quite sure I need the 703's though. Il have to check again next time Im at a parts yard. Im really excited for this cowl intake, has yours been holding up good? Im siked for the slight mpg increase and the sound at WOT. Im just not sure where it sucks the clean are in from. After Im done painting the quarters I may pull the cowl vent and take a look around.
You can get them for like 25$ each remaned .....

I have the part #s

Here's the ones you want ...

Neon 2.0L 95-96 injectors. They have a flow of 238cc (22.6 lb) @ 43psi, Part# 0280155703 (OEM# 5277739).

The exact same injector came in a bunch of cars ... So if your at the yard you have more options than the neon, but online remaned is a good bet for around 150 .... You can get them new for 250. How much is the yard?

Here's that link again I might have posted it wrong

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=92236

Here's we're you can get them around 25$

http://www.stockwiseauto.com/product...FQ84nAod-SAAPg
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #163
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
You can get them for like 25$ each remaned .....

I have the part #s

Here's the ones you want ...

Neon 2.0L 95-96 injectors. They have a flow of 238cc (22.6 lb) @ 43psi, Part# 0280155703 (OEM# 5277739).

The exact same injector came in a bunch of cars ... So if your at the yard you have more options than the neon, but online remaned is a good bet for around 150 .... You can get them new for 250. How much is the yard?

Here's that link again I might have posted it wrong

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=92236

Here's we're you can get them around 25$

http://www.stockwiseauto.com/product...FQ84nAod-SAAPg
Super informative, I appreciate it. I bookmarked the links, next weekend (raining this weekend) Id like to check the yards again. If not I may have to just order online. I know theres a guy on here and CF that goes out to the yards, pulls the injectors, cleans and rebuilds them, then sell the set for around $80. Im glad I have some options as to where to get them. I just got done undercoating the 1/4 panels, going back down now to get the interior put back together.
Unread 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #164
wipfa
1998 XJ Cherokee 

man that thing is looking pretty good! Really diggin that bumper! I'm jealous that you have the 5-speed in your xj!!! those seem to be pretty hard to come by. keep up the good work
wipfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #165
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipfa View Post
man that thing is looking pretty good! Really diggin that bumper! I'm jealous that you have the 5-speed in your xj!!! those seem to be pretty hard to come by. keep up the good work
Thanks a lot man! At first I really wanted an automatic since all my previous vehicles have been standards. Actually, my first vehicle was originally an automatic but I wanted a manual so bad I converted it over. Offroad the automatic can be nice but the manual has its advantages to. I just got the rear bumper back on and the new hitch tucks up nicely. Il have pictures tomorrow. I have a lot of different mods I plan on doing soon, such as a cowl intake, neon injectors, and I want to fab up a rear wrap around bumper to help fill the 1/4 panel area. Lastly, Im glad to see you guys all rollin in the same year Cherokee's.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.