98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > 98' XJ - Gettin her trail ready

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Reply
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #136
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

All 3 u-pull-its. Lots of explorers with 8.8s.
Awesome. I need to go soon.

Do you how much they run?

sent from the bottom of an empty money pit

__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #137
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Awesome. I need to go soon.

Do you how much they run?

sent from the bottom of an empty money pit
According to the website between $120 and $200 + an apx. $25 core charge. There was an early wagoneer xj at the yard to, I cant believe I forgot to check if it had a factory D44.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #138
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

According to the website between $120 and $200 + an apx. $25 core charge. There was an early wagoneer xj at the yard to, I cant believe I forgot to check if it had a factory D44.
Good to know thanks. I'll talk to my grandpa about It.

sent from the bottom of an empty money pit
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #139
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
Good to know thanks. I'll talk to my grandpa about It.

sent from the bottom of an empty money pit
Check craigslist daily like I do, save you the time crawling under a vehicle in the junkyard that isnt supported properly. If you cant find anything locally on craigslist, bring your own jack stands to the junkyard with you. When you leave just find some wheels/rims to set the vehicle back down onto. The reason I ordered a hitch offline is because all the cherokees at the junkyard have a rim under the hitch supporting the vehicle. I could of gone back with a jack and stands but it was easier to spend a few bucks more to get a new one that I didnt have to pull.

Thats another thing. I ordered a class 3 hitch off ebay along with a 2" d-ring receiver and jcr offroad nutstrips. Il have pictures of the parts when they arrive.

Lastly, picked up a 4 ton comealong to add to the recovery equipment collection.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #140
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville, Kansas
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

Check craigslist daily like I do, save you the time crawling under a vehicle in the junkyard that isnt supported properly. If you cant find anything locally on craigslist, bring your own jack stands to the junkyard with you. When you leave just find some wheels/rims to set the vehicle back down onto. The reason I ordered a hitch offline is because all the cherokees at the junkyard have a rim under the hitch supporting the vehicle. I could of gone back with a jack and stands but it was easier to spend a few bucks more to get a new one that I didnt have to pull.

Thats another thing. I ordered a class 3 hitch off ebay along with a 2" d-ring receiver and jcr offroad nutstrips. Il have pictures of the parts when they arrive.
I do check CL. I dunno I'll figure out what to do later. Now is time for sleep.

sent from the bottom of an empty money pit
__________________
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #141
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,125
Later man. May your dreams be filled with Jeeps.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #142
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,125
I had ordered a class 3 hitch off ebay a few days ago and they just wrote me to say that there was a manufacturing defect and they refunded me the $. They said if I waited a month for another hitch they would give me 10% off. I dont have the patience so I ordered a different one. I did just get a d-ring receiver off ebay and a pair of jcr nutstrips. Trying to heat up the garage so I can test fit my lawn edging flares, its hard to get any work done when its this cold. Should have wheelin pics/videos this weekend.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #143
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep
I had ordered a class 3 hitch off ebay a few days ago and they just wrote me to say that there was a manufacturing defect and they refunded me the $. They said if I waited a month for another hitch they would give me 10% off. I dont have the patience so I ordered a different one. I did just get a d-ring receiver off ebay and a pair of jcr nutstrips. Trying to heat up the garage so I can test fit my lawn edging flares, its hard to get any work done when its this cold. Should have wheelin pics/videos this weekend.
How much we're the nuts trips? I thought about getting them. I'm buying an AAL from a diode so I can trash my blocks lolll
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #144
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe View Post
How much we're the nuts trips? I thought about getting them. I'm buying an AAL from a diode so I can trash my blocks lolll
Nice, get rid of those horrible things. Dont forget to inspect and/or replace your friction pads while you have the leaf packs apart.
Nutstrips are $36 http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/mercha...ct_Code=NTSTRP
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #145
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

Nice, get rid of those horrible things. Dont forget to inspect and/or replace your friction pads while you have the leaf packs apart.
Nutstrips are $36 http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/mercha...ct_Code=NTSTRP
Friction pads? Alright lol, I hope my leafs aren't to ****ed.
image-1362322855.jpg  
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #146
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe View Post
Friction pads? Alright lol, I hope my leafs aren't to ****ed.


And the friction pads are the plastic pads that go in between your individual leafs. Without them or with worn down ones your leafs will squeak and can wear down the metal when the ends of the leafs rub on the other leafs. You can be cheap and cut up pieces of a plastic antifreeze container to use or have a leaf spring shop drill a hole in the ends of the leafs and pop in legit friction pads.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #147
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep

And the friction pads are the plastic pads that go in between your individual leafs. Without them or with worn down ones your leafs will squeak and can wear down the metal when the ends of the leafs rub on the other leafs. You can be cheap and cut up pieces of a plastic antifreeze container to use or have a leaf spring shop drill a hole in the ends of the leafs and pop in legit friction pads.
Where can I get them if mine are shot? I don't think we have a leaf shop around here lol,
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #148
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBillyTayloe View Post
Where can I get them if mine are shot? I don't think we have a leaf shop around here lol,
This place isnt far from you http://www.springmenders.com/
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #149
thenewguy79
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post

This place isnt far from you http://www.springmenders.com/
Hey guys. What do those pads look like when they are new?
thenewguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #150
straightsixjeep
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ks
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy79 View Post
Hey guys. What do those pads look like when they are new?

They can also be in a square shape.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.